• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NightMarcher

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Hawaii
Yea, lets mock Trump for trying to do what nobody has done and denuke North Korea. How dare he.
There's trying do do what he did, and then there's being incredibly politically naive to the point of losing face and putting us in an even more perilous position. Christ, he's literally a reality TV star real estate mogul with no political experience whatsoever, attempting to negotiate and accomplish what numerous administrations have failed to do. Maybe the reason they have and Trump hasn't is because previous administrations weren't headed by a complete dunce naive in the way of the political game? We're being played like a goddamn fiddle.

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Frankly I am more shocked trump is believeing (did fox mention this?) this after his behavior before.

ISOM

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
He's trying to sink the negotiations so he can go to war. I believe he wants to go to war with another country some time during his term.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Maybe the most annoying thing about Trump is this "Maybe, Maybe not/We'll see/I keep you in suspense" shit.

A lot of words to essentially say absolutely nothing.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
You're giving him way too much credit. It comes from him treating the presidency like a reality show. He wants eyes on him, that's all that matters.

You're giving him too little imo. He's been successfully grifting idiots for his entire life - he knows what he's doing. It allows him to dodge responsibility for all his failings (and his base eats it up).

Starmud

Oct 27, 2017
with NK doing NK and gaming us and trump falling for kims BS so he can show boat peace to play that NK was being civil, this goes now into the oddest position where the south dosent want to churn on the progress they've made politically and their plans with the north, china looking to want to ease sanctions... it would now require us going back and trying to refold these same allies into a tougher stance again on much worse terms, not to mention what the japanese have to be thinking about this lol

im not even going to hate on him for meeting kim at this point, but having a "summit" and presenting us as equals with a grand bargain of nothing new, over promising afterwards (bring the troops home/no more war games) put us in the easiest spot to be made to look like fools and left in a weaker position with others playing their own game with NK.

Saya

Oct 25, 2017

Mira Rapp-Hooper‏ @MiraRappHooperBolton tells @margbrennan that the Administration has a plan to dismantle the "overwhelming bulk" of North Korea's illicit programs within a year.
1f984.png
1f308.png

Chamaeleonx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So sad he doesn't understand that just because "he didn't do anything" doesn't mean North Korea didn't get anything out of it. Politics is often a lot about optics and the picture you generate and not always about written deals. =/

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
So sad he doesn't understand that just because "he didn't do anything" doesn't mean North Korea didn't get anything out of it. Politics is often a lot about optics and the picture you generate and not always about written deals. =/
Hell "optics" are like 75% of the problem with poltics. I honestly think we will be in a better place if it was just about boring legalese

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I still think that Trump knows that NK is fucking around and that the recurrence of this story serves as a useful distraction.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
No shit Sherlock. Rocket Man played you like a fiddle to increase his own image at home.

Deleted member 29806

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Germany

Many good conversations with North Korea-it is going well! In the meantime, no Rocket Launches or Nuclear Testing in 8 months. All of Asia is thrilled. Only the Opposition Party, which includes the Fake News, is complaining. If not for me, we would now be at War with North Korea!

Seriously, I can't decide anymore if he is lying to his base, who might be stupid enough to believe it, or if he is just that delusional/egocentric

Rean

Oct 27, 2017
"If not for me, we would now be at War with North Korea!"

what the actual fuck

Deleted member 29806

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Germany
I don't know what is worse. That a sentence like "A narcissic, delusional sociopath liar is president of the USA" becomes old and unoriginal or that his ratings are increasing and are much higher then they have been at the worst (best) times.

Persagen

Oct 27, 2017

Many good conversations with North Korea-it is going well! In the meantime, no Rocket Launches or Nuclear Testing in 8 months. All of Asia is thrilled. Only the Opposition Party, which includes the Fake News, is complaining. If not for me, we would now be at War with North Korea!

Seriously, I can't decide anymore if he is lying to his base, who might be stupid enough to believe it, or if he is just that delusional/egocentric

Jesus Christ. Keeps hitting new lows. It's just fucking exhausting.

Chamaeleonx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hell "optics" are like 75% of the problem with poltics. I honestly think we will be in a better place if it was just about boring legalese
The problem is that optics also can work in your favor if you have the right candidate. Doubt that it will ever vanish though because a lot has to do with charisma and getting people to follow you.

Why not all 3?...
Wish he would back up all of the things contained in that statement with actual facts.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
You're giving him way too much credit. It comes from him treating the presidency like a reality show. He wants eyes on him, that's all that matters.

Well evidently, the people of America seem to care for some reason, as evidenced by his rising poll numbers.

It's so obviously a publicity stunt that it hurts, but there is sadly no shortage of stupid people in this country right now.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Yep. If it weren't for Donald J. Trump, the US and NK would have been lobbing nukes at each other right now. He, and only he prevented that.

Chamaeleonx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well evidently, the people of America seem to care for some reason, as evidenced by his rising poll numbers.

It's so obviously a publicity stunt that it hurts, but there is sadly no shortage of stupid people in this country right now.
One of the big problems with the presidential election, the media and the president, it always is such a media circus that lasts years even before you vote. You basically wage war for a long time against the other tribe to gain enough support to edge out a win... . =/

Chamaeleonx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If he really believes it, I won't call it a lie

Of course nobody can prove what might have happened or not, but it is just obvious to everyone with a brain and a little knowledge on the matter.
I am sure he believes it, while it conveniently is a lie for his base all the while he is high on his ego, which makes him delusional and able to believe his own lie. It is the perfect combination that applies to someone that has his whole life build on lies and protecting an image. Therefore I am sure he believes the things he says, he delusions himself and as a side effect it is a lie that his base believes, just like most of the stuff he said during the campaign. So, yep, all 3.