SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
President Donald Trump pressured Georgia's top election investigator to come up with evidence of voter fraud, telling him that such a finding would make him a "national hero" in a second phone call that legal experts say could leave the president open to criminal charges, The Washington Post reported Saturday.

An individual familiar with the call told The Post that Trump called the investigations chief for the Georgia Secretary of State's office in late December. That chief was leading an ongoing investigation into allegations of voter fraud in Cobb County at the time. Trump implored him to "find the fraud" in the state's election results, the individual told the Post.

The call is the third reported conversation during which Trump sought to have Georgia state officials overturn the results of the 2020 election.

Based on a description of the call, former assistant U.S. attorney and member of the Watergate prosecution team Nick Akerman told The Post that he would be "shocked" if Trump's conduct didn't constitute a crime under Georgia's criminal code.

"Oh my god, of course that's obstruction—any way you cut it," he said, noting that identifying and contacting the investigator showed he was trying to "influence" the final outcome.

New York-based attorney Andrew Fleischman additionally pointed out that even a controversial self-pardon may not help Trump avoid an investigation if Trump is prosecuted for a state crime.

"If the investigator is considered law enforcement or a member of the court, that's a much stronger case for a state level crime, since intimidation qualifies," he wrote.

"And if the call went to the man's office in Fulton County, then progressive DA Fani Willis will choose whether to investigate."

lawandcrime.com

Trump Reportedly Pressured Georgia’s Top Election Investigator to ‘Find Fraud’ in Second Possibly Criminal Call: ‘That’s Obstruction—Any Way You Cut It’

President Trump pressured Georgia’s top election investigator to come up with evidence of voter fraud, telling him that such a finding would make him a “national hero.”

Kensation

The Enlightened "this guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Actually, it was Antifa that made that call.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Because when you have thousands and thousands of examples of election fraud, you have to try and intimidate an investigator into changing the results.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
source.gif

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
So this just popped into my head that I never thought about. If New York, Georgia, and any other state charges and convicts Trump who gets him? Whoever convicts first I'm guessing?

pechorin

Banned
Apr 13, 2020
This guy broke literally every law that exists and still has faced no consequences, America is an absolute joke.

anamika

May 18, 2018
This guy broke literally every law that exists and still has faced no consequences, America is an absolute joke.
Seriously. Biden keeps saying again and again about how America is a nation of laws and yet Trump has shown what a farce this nation of laws is. The guy literally instigated a coup and insurrection and yet he is still in office and there are no consequences. He is in there handing out pardons to everyone like candy after breaking every law.

Nation of laws is ineffective when the ruling party can do whatever and get away with it because the opposition is powerless to enact those laws.

And being a crime under Georgia's criminal code means he can't pardon his way out of it, right?
Correct, though since the prosecution of said crime would fall under the jurisdiction of Georgia Republicans, he may nevertheless skate on that (though granted, he has been doing nothing to endear himself to Georgia Republican officialdom in recent weeks).

Oct 29, 2017
Seriously. Biden keeps saying again and again about how America is a nation of laws and yet Trump has shown what a farce this nation of laws is. The guy literally instigated a coup and insurrection and yet he is still in office and there are no consequences. He is in there handing out pardons to everyone like candy after breaking every law.

Nation of laws is ineffective when the ruling party can do whatever and get away with it because the opposition is powerless to enact those laws.

But holding politicians accountable and punishing them for their crimes is tOo DiViSiVe. /s

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Incoming tweet storm in 3 ... 2 ... sike!

A career criminal doing crimes. These examples will be coming out for literal years.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
Considering the state of our justice system, I actually hope he just flees the country.

His lawyers can probably run out the clock on his lifetime with delaying tactics on any charges that actually get pressed. But I'm glad that these are being given attention.

Firmus_Anguis

AVALANCHE
Oct 30, 2017
None of this shit is surprising. It's who he has always fucking been - a corrupt son of a bitch!

The only surprising thing is that It took 4 fucking years of this shit, losing every branch of government and an insurection for the GOP to even react. Not even all of them. Only some of them.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Considering the state of our justice system, I actually hope he just flees the country.

His lawyers can probably run out the clock on his lifetime with delaying tactics on any charges that actually get pressed. But I'm glad that these are being given attention.
What Lawyers? Didn't you hear, everyone but Rudy dropped him, no lawfirm in the US will represent him after the last two months combined with him stiffing the bills. Plus no one wants a client who can sic a mob on em

Vish

Oct 28, 2017
Trump is finally facing some consequences but he won't be going to jail.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm certain that Trump's done this with other states which oddly makes GA's GOP the most lawful since we've actually heard about it? Kinda sad when they're basically a pile of voter dienfranchisement.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
What Lawyers? Didn't you hear, everyone but Rudy dropped him, no lawfirm in the US will represent him after the last two months combined with him stiffing the bills. Plus no one wants a client who can sic a mob on em

Are you kidding? Lawyers will represent him; he has money. If he's stiffing on payment, they'll just get paid up front. Alan Dershowitz has already said he'll represent Trump if he's impeached again.

Sure, no one wants to represent his ridiculous election BS; there's no argument to be made. That is not the case with any charges filed against him. Defending obviously guilty rich people is the lifeblood of the biggest law firms in this country.

Keywork

Oct 25, 2017

They never get charged with anything because of the "precedent" it would set and what it would look like if we jailed one of our presidents. When it comes to the president, the image and respect to the office are paramount to everything else. We have really turned it into a shadow monarchy with a sprinkling of "Dear Leader" in terms of our respect to the office when you get into the DC bubble. They gave Nixon every way out of charges a lesser person would have been locked up on. I mean there is a whole law, the ASPA (nicknamed the "Hague Invasion Act) we have that allows us to send in a strike team if one of our United States military personnel or other elected and appointed officials if they were ever held on charges at the Hague.

RussTC3

Banned
Nov 28, 2018
I mean what the fuck man. He so obviously needs to be impeached again. There's no defense of him.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Are you kidding? Lawyers will represent him; he has money. If he's stiffing on payment, they'll just get paid up front. Alan Dershowitz has already said he'll represent Trump if he's impeached again.

Sure, no one wants to represent his ridiculous election BS; there's no argument to be made. That is not the case with any charges filed against him. Defending obviously guilty rich people is the lifeblood of the biggest law firms in this country.
A lot of firms have dropped him, especially since he's been blacklisted by Duestche bank