Ebrietas-

Mar 2, 2019
The point is, the prevalence of the racial violence in these countries and lack of protections make these type of encounters a dozen times riskier for minorities.

Someone following and harassing a black person can easily turn into a mob of people jumping that person.
To be black in Europe means to have to be a perfect person at all times, even as you are being attacked or you get thrown in jail. Its fucking bullshit.

Why do so many Americans seem to think that Europe operates like its one country???

Why do you post reports from other countries to "prove" Sweden is a country full of violence against black people??? Like at least find something that happened in Sweden if you want to prove a point.

Also LOL at your takes about gun rights. America's gun fetishism results in dozens if not hundreds of people of color dying every year

Bitch Pudding

Oct 25, 2017
I dont give a fuck what you think is stupid. Try this shit on me or mine in my country and you get your head blown off.

Ask the Black Panthers how many racist attacks have been cut short due to the presence of firearms.

Im sick of this topic. Im never vistiting that particular country so I don't have to worry about its shitty lack of self defense laws.

With that attitude I'd prefer you stay far way from my country, too. Don't want to get punched in the face for breathing the same air as you do.

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
Im traveling solo. I'm not afraid of any of these weak ass countries because I know what goes on and will slice somebody up if I have to.

As far as gun laws, I'd rather be caught with one than without one but I doubt you would understand that saying. Maybe tell the Swedes to not follow Americans around and maybe they won't get stomped out.

see, like I said.

america is toxic as hell.

Wolfapo

Dec 27, 2017
Yeah bet your neck on it. For all of America's flaws Im glad people who choose to get physical don't get so much protection from the repercussions as they do over in that bullshit penal system.

Don't put your fucking hands on me and you'll be cool 😎
Even if someone stalks you, harrassed you or attacks you, be a better person and try to de-escalate instead of ganging up on someone.
There is self-defense, and there is going too far. And if you go too far, you have to bear the consequences.

Irminsul

Oct 25, 2017
Then why instigator out and on the run and Rocky deemed a "flight risk." Think about it.
You do know that the instigator is of Middle-Eastern decent, right? This is not working as an argument as you think it is.

But fine, if you actually want questions answered anyone thinking about it for five seconds can answer, here it is:

- One of them is famous and filmed his own lawbreaking
- One of them has the means to quickly leave the country
- One of them is American and thus would be out of reach if he did so
- The other one ran away

Yeah, must be racism though, after all, Europe is famous for supporting instigators from the Middle East.

hydrophilic attack

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Ohh wait your right he was not walking on eggshells because some punk wanted to intimidate and stalk a black man over headphones. My mistake. Even recorded him and asked his to stop and its still not walking on eggshells. Anything to protect Sweden's rep it seems.
no one has a problem with the way rocky acted up until he teamed up 3-on-1 to beat up someone who was on the ground and defenseless. If you Americans can't deal with an asshole any other way than beating them up, then yeah, you'll probably get arrested when abroad, regardless of the colour of your skin. I know many of you Americans think the world should bend to your will, but it is actually the responsibility of a traveler to know and follow the law of the country they're visiting. Some of you Americans apparently think blowing the brains out of an asshole is justified, so I have to say, I do prefer the legal system we have, that doesn't breed and reward such bloodthirst.

HeavenlyOne

The Fallen
Nov 30, 2017
Your heart
The United States of America, where black people get murdered by police just for existing, but also apparently where black people can get away with blowing someones head off (or slicing them up) in self defense.

Hmmm...

Salsanta1373

Apr 6, 2019
You do know that the instigator is of Middle-Eastern decent, right? This is not working as an argument as you think it is.

But fine, if you actually want questions answered anyone thinking about it for five seconds can answer, here it is:

- One of them is famous and filmed his own lawbreaking
- One of them has the means to quickly leave the country
- One of them is American and thus would be out of reach if he did so
- The other one ran away

Yeah, must be racism though, after all, Europe is famous for supporting instigators from the Middle East.
I know the instigator is Middle East, don't act to high and mighty and say there is not a bias for a black rapper in a foreign country. They are holding him for almost 3 weeks without charging him because they have egg on their face on this situation when he provided evidence that he was not the instigator. The Privilege in this thread is exhausting.

Kronvilt

Oct 28, 2017
I know the instigator is Middle East, don't act to high and mighty and say there is not a bias for a black rapper in a foreign country. They are holding him for almost 3 weeks without charging him because they have egg on their face on this situation when he provided evidence that he was not the instigator. The Privilege in this thread is exhausting.

He's not being held for instigating the fight.

vodalus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
CT
I would prefer she not take to Twitter to praise his commitment to justice reform

I understand your point, but she is trying to help a friend.

From my limited understanding of Swedish law, everyone is innocent until proven guilty. Yes, there is video evidence but it is disturbing to see people in this thread willing to convict a black man simply because Trump is advocating for him.

Salsanta1373

Apr 6, 2019
no one has a problem with the way rocky acted up until he teamed up 3-on-1 to beat up someone who was on the ground and defenseless. If you Americans can't deal with an asshole any other way than beating them up, then yeah, you'll probably get arrested when abroad, regardless of the colour of your skin. I know many of you Americans think the world should bend to your will, but it is actually the responsibility of a traveler to know and follow the law of the country they're visiting. Some of you Americans apparently think blowing the brains out of an asshole is justified, so I have to say, I do prefer the legal system we have, that doesn't breed and reward such bloodthirst.
Its weird that us Americans have such bloodthirst, WHEN HE DIDNT EVEN START THE FIGHT HE WAS IN. But somehow we are bloodthirsty. Such a welcoming country starting fights with foreigners over headsets and getting detained, while the aggressor hides.

hiredhand

Feb 6, 2019
In this case, the millionaire American rapper with bodyguards is definitely the more priviled one compared to the random Middle Eastern immigrant.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Im sorry white people but I don't see an assault. The bodyguard pushed the guy back who was following them, there was seperation and then the guy throws his headphones at the bodyguard. From that point on he should be able to defend himself.

We don't even see the part where ASAP enters the fight so I'm not sure how you people are so sure its assault.

Looks like the creepy euro stalker bit off more than he could chew trying to go viral.
This isn't a Euro thing.

Beating someone on the ground in the US isn't self defense either. Self defense isn't carte blanche after someone's an aggressor to go nuts on the aggressor. It's to defend yourself to extricate yourself from the situation.

Irminsul

Oct 25, 2017
They sure do when he's not even being held for instigating a fight. You can't just do whatever you want as a reaction to being harassed.

Is it usual for Americans to talk about things they don't really know a lot about with the conviction of being the righteous ones being proportional to said lack of knowledge?
I understand your point, but she is trying to help a friend.

From my limited understanding of Swedish law, everyone is innocent until proven guilty. Yes, there is video evidence but it is disturbing to see people in this thread willing to convict a black man simply because Trump is advocating for him.
"Yes, there is video evidence but" is a great beginning of a sentence which I'm sure will be used in lots of different threads from now on.

hydrophilic attack

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Its weird that us Americans have such bloodthirst, WHEN HE DIDNT EVEN START THE FIGHT HE WAS IN. But somehow we are bloodthirsty
i didn't say rocky was bloodthirsty. i said the following behavior would be:
I dont give a fuck what you think is stupid. Try this shit on me or mine in my country and you get your head blown off.
As far as gun laws, I'd rather be caught with one than without one but I doubt you would understand that saying. Maybe tell the Swedes to not follow Americans around and maybe they won't get stomped out.

Masseyme

Banned
May 23, 2019
This isn't a Euro thing.

Beating someone on the ground in the US isn't self defense either. Self defense isn't carte blanche after someone's an aggressor to go nuts on the aggressor. It's to defend yourself to extricate yourself from the situation.
Lol please. I've literally seen dozens of fights where far worse happens and nobody even gets charged. This guy was barely even hit and its an international incident.

amanset

Oct 28, 2017
Its weird that us Americans have such bloodthirst, WHEN HE DIDNT EVEN START THE FIGHT HE WAS IN. But somehow we are bloodthirsty. Such a welcoming country starting fights with foreigners over headsets and getting detained, while the aggressor hides.

There's been people literally saying they would shoot people like that in the face.

There's been loads of people saying that he had it coming to him, that he deserved to be repeatedly beaten when lying on the floor.

There's been loads of people saying they'd do the exact same thing, a thing that is against the law in pretty much the entire EU no matter what your skin colour is.

And you don't understand why people might see that as bloodthirst?

Tuppen

Nov 28, 2017
You have alot of small countries but the lack of diversity is pretty similar across the board in Europe.
Lack of diversity is not pretty similar across Europe. This is factually wrong.
The point is, the prevalence of the racial violence in these countries and lack of protections make these type of encounters a dozen times riskier for minorities.

Someone following and harassing a black person can easily turn into a mob of people jumping that person.
To be black in Europe means to have to be a perfect person at all times, even as you are being attacked or you get thrown in jail. Its fucking bullshit.
Riskier than what? Statistics would tell you that it is more dangerous to be a black man in the US than in Sweden. Lumping all European countries together is not very productive since the cultural differences are huge.
Im gonna go to bat here and speak for Masseyme. He is implying that Poc must be perfect Citizens to be viewed as victims. Rocky was being harassed, tried to diffuse the situation, recorded himself to provide evidence to defend himself, and has been detained for 3 weeks. (With the man the stared this on the run and the victim detained) So what does it take for a black man to be be viewed as a victim. He tried diffusing, talking, and eventually had to take things to his own hands and because what he done can be viewed as "taking something to far" he is disavowed of being the victim. That's why black men have to walk eggshells across Europe. Also, I would like to add, there a lot of boot licking for the cops in this thread. I know that they are not America cops, but lets not lie a say they are not a tool for oppression.
You can both be victim of a crime and a perpetrator at the same time. If walking on eggshells means don't kick someone lying on the ground then by all means.
Saying that police (in Sweden) are not a tool for oppression is not a lie. Are they perfect? Of course not. Are there racist cops? Of course. Are the police force a tool for oppression? No, unless you consider efforts to uphold the law oppression in itself.

amanset

Oct 28, 2017
Is it usual for Americans to talk about things they don't really know a lot about with the conviction of being the righteous ones being proportional to said lack of knowledge?

This is par for the course. Any thread with Assange, here and elsewhere, was hilarious as countless foreigners became overnight experts in Swedish law despite not even being able to read the laws.

Wolfapo

Dec 27, 2017
The two guys were assholes, following them around and harrassing them that way. They dealt with them well until they started beating them and using violence.
At some point, just call the police. They could have done that easily while walking around filming the whole incident. Show that footage to the police and I am sure they would have taken care of those two.
Why use violence if there are other ways to deal with the situation?

amanset

Oct 28, 2017
I give up. Everything to protect your countries rep. It seems

Look, all the chap had to do was not beat him up when he is lying on the ground. I mean, how hard is that?

I know in my 45 years of life I've managed to avoid doing it. I've dealt with some utter dicks in my life. I've been punched. I've been kicked. But I'm managed to not beat up someone lying on the ground.

ETA:
And this is only an international incident because that numpty Trump decided to make it one whislt masively misunderstanding how a significantly less corrupt political system works. And the guy is beign held precisely because he is a flight risk. Does anyone here really think that if they let him go he'd happily wait around in Sweden until the next stage of the process is reached? Sweden is in Schengen, it is easy as fuck to get to another country.

Wolfapo

Dec 27, 2017
Look, all the chap had to do was not beat him up when he is lying on the ground. I mean, how hard is that?

I know in my 45 years of life I've managed to avoid doing it. I've dealt with some utter dicks in my life. I've been punched. I've been kicked. But I'm managed to not beat up someone lying on the ground.
Yea, same here (though, not yet 45 years...). It feels like some people only know extremes to work with and this is really disappointing. There are so many ways to deal with situations and any kind of violence should be the very last option, if at all.

Irminsul

Oct 25, 2017
This is par for the course. Any thread with Assange, here and elsewhere, was hilarious as countless foreigners became overnight experts in Swedish law despite not even being able to read the laws.
Also, I mean, some people act like ASAP's going to spend three years in prison or something, like the Great American Penal System is want to do for the smallest of offences (weirdly enough, with certain biases). He's probably going to pay some fine and that's it if Swedish laws are similar to elsewhere in Europe.

amanset

Oct 28, 2017
Yea, same here (though, not yet 45 years...). It feels like some people only know extremes to work with and this is really disappointing. There are so many ways to deal with situations and any kind of violence should be the very last option, if at all.

Frankly, if (and it is a big if) this is a good indication of how a majority of Americans think these things should be dealt with it would explain a lot.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Im traveling solo. I'm not afraid of any of these weak ass countries because I know what goes on and will slice somebody up if I have to.

That's a take