Wag

Nov 3, 2017
U.S. taxpayers have spent $81 million for the president's two dozen trips to Florida, according to a HuffPost analysis. They spent $17 million for his 15 trips to New Jersey, another $1 million so he could visit his resort in Los Angeles and at least $3 million for his two days in Scotland last summer ― $1.3 million of which went just for rental cars for the massive entourage that accompanies a president abroad.

https://www.aol.com/article/finance...g-with-taxpayers-picking-up-the-tab/23732835/

255x the salary he isn't taking. It's not like he's using it to play money at his own courses or anything. Oh, wait...

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Just for reference, Obama's 8 year tab was around $100 mil edit: that's vacation total, his golf tab was $30 mil as stated in the article

Last edited:

ruggiex

Oct 27, 2017
probably feed everyone that have to tag along the most expensive food on his properties too, profit!

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why doesn't anyone ever bring giant infographics about this kinda shit to his dumb press conferences?

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure Pelosi and the Dems will come up with a sick burn to throw his way.

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
Secret Service has to rent rooms from his hotels/properties if Trump stays there, right?

carterpeanutfarm.jpg

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
If any are unaware of how Trump fans justify this, it's: "I don't care he deserves it, he's the best president we've ever had and has gotten more done than Obama."

They truly believe this so no amount of money spent on golf matters.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Remember when conservatives bitched incessantly about Obama playing golf?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
Presidents really need to stop going golfing. Maybe like a once a year trip, not every week or every other week. Shits ridiculous.

Like didn't this dude build a golf simulator in the White House? Use that.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
If any are unaware of how Trump fans justify this, it's: "I don't care he deserves it, he's the best president we've ever had and has gotten more done than Obama."

They truly believe this so no amount of money spent on golf matters.
And if you ask them what he's actually done, their eyes will glaze over. Eventually they might mumble, "made America great." And if you ask how exactly, they'll say something about Obama or Benghazi.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
Don't worry, he promised he'd be in the office more than Obama.

This another one of those Schroedinger's Conservative phenomena, isn't it? Where Republicans simultaneously can't stand a Democrat President that golfs occasionally, while having nothing but admiration for a Republican President that golfs all the time?

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Please let whoever wins the primaries roast this fucking guy on live tv during the debates. Clinton boogeyman is gone, all he is going to have is garbage insults. Needs to he dragged and publicly humiliated for stuff like this.

Feb 15, 2018
I'll never understand the fascination with talking about presidential golfing. Why do people care about this? Every term it gets talked about and people collectively clutch pearls over it.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
I'll never understand the fascination with talking about presidential golfing. Why do people care about this? Every term it gets talked about and people collectively clutch pearls over it.

Because Secret Service and other government organizations are paying full rate for golf carts and hotel rooms at his own resorts, enriching Trump's pocket directly.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Presidents really need to stop going golfing. Maybe like a once a year trip, not every week or every other week. Shits ridiculous.

His scores are significantly worse because he can't cheat on the simulator.

And the simulator doesn't line his pockets with taxpayer money.

TarNaru33

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The main issue here is the fact he is enriching his own companies, the money amount itself is trivial imo.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
If you're looking for a quick resource:

https://trumpgolfcount.com/

For the record, like with Obama or GWB, I don't have a problem when presidents take vacations, golf, play basketball, go to Camp David, or anything else. I actually think its healthy and more presidents should not be working all the time. But Trump campaigned so hard on the "Obama Playing Golf" meme that he can eat shit, and he's also playing golf specifically to enrich Trump Inc. coffers.

Most recently, the scheduled meeting between Irish PM Leo Varadka and Trump is in jeopardy because Trump insists the meeting take place at a Trump golf course, and the Irish PM wants to meet at a place of cultural significance to the Irish, this historic castle. Trump is throwing a hissy fit about it and threatening to cancel the visit. He just wants the revenue because he's using the presidency to enrich himself.

Also Trump is a notorious fucking cheater at golf, even when playing with children.

wfBJlsC.png

https://www.vox.com/2019/5/10/18524172/donald-trump-commander-in-cheat-rick-reilly

Last edited:

Ginta

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Yes all of them are bad for wasting so much money on it.

Also how is he supposed to do secret deals in the White House instead of his other big house where he can do whatever he wants.