• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Starmud

Oct 27, 2017
hes doing trump, blowing up nothing into something to sound like hes a gift from god. as per facts or reality don't matter, hes a fluff piece.

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
I can pull out America from NATO whenever the fuck I can but today was a big win for me because of the increased budgets that have been increasing over the past decade.

Make from that what you will.

Snack12367

Oct 28, 2017
NATO putting up additional 33 billion, US staying in and strong. Bullied maybe but it was what was agreed upon years ago. How does this help Russia again? You all are confusing.

First of all none of this was promised. This number was set as a guideline. Secondly the only reason that number exists is because the US wanted NATO to increase it's spending, due to the wars that the US started without the consent of NATO or the UN.

In theory this doesn't help Russia. This also in theory doesn't help the US either. Without knowing more, we can't confirm that this is anything more than just a guideline.

This also really fucks the US internationally, because to get his way he threatened to pull out of the alliance. The US is top dog now, but fucking with NATO doesn't make friends.

THErest

Oct 25, 2017
They're very strong now--because of ME!

Pretty much what he's saying, right? Fucking narcissist.

Saya

Oct 25, 2017
lmao i dont need congress to pull out of NATO, but luckily it didnt come to that because of ME because I am AWESOME

Wogan

Oct 28, 2017
tenorbxoki.gif

That Truppet has more grace and dignity than the real thing. And the hand up it's arse is more visible yet less obvious.

Vennt

Oct 27, 2017
He got nothing, that's why he's unhappy.

He's just got the previous commitments re-commited to, hahhahahhaha, that's hilarious!

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
The problem here is that most people are incredibly unaware of how NATO funding and defence commitments work, so this "BIG WIN, BECAUSE OF ME" thing may sit well with its base.

Hazzuh

Oct 28, 2017
How do people go to rallies and listen to this guy speak for an hour or more. It's utterly incoherent.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Could say the same in reverse though. Being polite hasn't made the countries pay the 2% that they agreed to so maybe this will.

What are you talking about?
2014 they agreed to increase spending to 2% by the end of 2024 and it has been going up since then.
Trump is pulling numbers and accusations out of nowhere and throwing them around like feces.

Nathan_Drake

Nov 6, 2017
First of all none of this was promised. This number was set as a guideline. Secondly the only reason that number exists is because the US wanted NATO to increase it's spending, due to the wars that the US started without the consent of NATO or the UN.

In theory this doesn't help Russia. This also in theory doesn't help the US either. Without knowing more, we can't confirm that this is anything more than just a guideline.

This also really fucks the US internationally, because to get his way he threatened to pull out of the alliance. The US is top dog now, but fucking with NATO doesn't make friends.

He is a stable genius didn't you just hear him? Maybe Germany will be able to get some fighter jets airborne now. Let him be the asshole but it will make Europe stronger. Yes he talks like a child but he is using leverage and it's getting European countries to spend more. Now they are going to discuss the pipeline which should be interesting since I feel he already double talked it in the last 5 min.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He is a stable genius didn't you just hear him? Maybe Germany will be able to get some fighter jets airborne now. Let him be the asshole but it will make Europe stronger. Yes he talks like a child but he is using leverage and it's getting European counties to spend more. Now they are going to discuss the pipeline which should be interesting since I feel he already double talked it in the last 5 min.

How the fuck does any of this benefit anyone?

Snack12367

Oct 28, 2017
He is a stable genius didn't you just hear him? Maybe Germany will be able to get some fighter jets airborne now. Let him be the asshole but it will make Europe stronger. Yes he talks like a child but he is using leverage and it's getting European counties to spend more. Now they are going to discuss the pipeline which should be interesting since I feel he already double talked it in the last 5 min.

I'm hearing more details it's a gradual increase and it's still only a guideline. You gotta look at this in context. Trump is asking nations that don't even put 2% of their GDP into their own armed forced, to put 4% of their GDP towards NATO. It's going to represent a massive dent in the Economies for these nations. 4% is more than what the US Spends now. Asking them to do this by 2024 is impossible. That's why I agree with other that claim he's achieved nothing.

It's still guidelines.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Trump has been in office for awhile now, they should have been thinking of fall back plans by now. Can't let him blindside you when you know his stance on NATO and his erratic behavior.
agreed.

their reactions disappoint me greatly because it means they somehow didn't see it coming. which means a lot of people aren't doing their job as advisers and intelligence officers.