• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
The World

Deleted member 19293

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Among the shitty things Donald Trump has done, this isn't the worst, but it's going way, way up on the list.

Oct 25, 2017
Pray for my city. It's not looking like it'll stand a chance.

It's even dumber because he'll have no problem winning OK - so why come here at all?

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
What exactly is the point of holding a rally in Oklahoma? How does that help your re-election chances at all?

Not saying it should be happening at all or anywhere, but Tulsa feels especially pitiful for Trump.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna have that Tulsa police officer who says they aren't killing enough black people?

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Pray for my city. It's not looking like it'll stand a chance.

It's even dumber because he'll have no problem winning OK - so why come here at all?
Needs to be a red state that'll permit a gathering of that size, and he's hoping for a friendly crowd.

...is what I'd normally say, but TBH with the increased awareness of the Tulsa massacre and it being on Juneteenth, I'm definitely in agreement with the take that this is a deliberate "fuck you" from somebody on his team.

Oct 25, 2017
Needs to be a red state that'll permit a gathering of that size, and he's hoping for a friendly crowd.

...is what I'd normally say, but TBH with the increased awareness of the Tulsa massacre and it being on Juneteenth, I'm definitely in agreement with the take that this is a deliberate "fuck you" from somebody on his team.
Yeah, and the BOK Center is right next to Greenwood, where we're still determining if we have mass graves from the race riots.

This is a terrible idea!

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
"The slaves are looking down and smiling at this rally!" Or something equally as stupid.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
Mr. "I've done more than anyone for black people except possibly Lincoln" is at it again.

So do they throw someone under the bus for this after the inevitable backlash, feign ignorance and reschedule. Or do they insist this was always the plan?

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Trump is too fucking dumb to be this malicious. Someone on his team though, definitely

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Steven Miller saw everyone sharing Black Wall Street pics on social media and scheduled the hell out of this.

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
www.nytimes.com

Trump Will Return to Campaign Trail With Rally in Tulsa (Published 2020)

The president’s first rally since the coronavirus shuttered most of the country will take place on Juneteenth, which commemorates the end of slavery, in the city where one of the worst racist massacres in American history took place.

en.wikipedia.org

Juneteenth - Wikipedia

Prepare for defense of the confederacy on the day when the last remaining slaves were freed.

Not that I put it above him and guys like Stephen Miller, but Juneteenth originates in Texas so wouldn't they have it in Texas if they were trying to be assholes about this specific thing?

Or do people think they're one state over as a way of giving cover?

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Sooo he's basically trolling the BLM movement at this point right?
He's not a speaker and he's not a good leader...so why the fuck would anyone listen to what the fuck he has to say.

Balphon

Oct 25, 2017
Not that I put it above him and guys like Stephen Miller, but Juneteenth originates in Texas so wouldn't they have it in Texas if they were trying to be assholes about this specific thing?

Or do people think they're one state over as a way of giving cover?

Tulsa is the site of the Tulsa Race Massacre of 1921, so they certainly didn't choose this site for purposes of sensitivity.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Absolutely ghoulish.

I'm sure he'll have talk about "unity", like he mentioned before, but it will be done in the most racist dogwhistle way possible, like praising nationalism as the real unity and protest actually being against the freedoms of our country or being an attack on law and order.

I worry about the "security" he'll have around the rally and if he plans another demonstration of force like at the White House.

gaugebozo

Oct 25, 2017

They're honestly stupid enough that I bet they think it will be good for him.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, that is.....downright cartoonishly wicked. Like holy shit, it's impressive how horribly fucked this whole thing is from minute zero.

Fuck you, Miller, since you're clearly behind this. Fuck you and your 50-something Goebbels ass to the darkest depths of hell.

steveovig

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has it been mentioned whether he is, in fact, going to jam-pack his sheep into the arena like sardines, or space them out? A normal person would just not have these things.

Jeffram

Oct 29, 2017
I don't want to be banned for the PS5 event tomorrow, so I'll save my piece.

What a tragically horrendous administration.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Less a dog whistle and more a goddamned sonic boom.