• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ukraine

Banned
Jun 1, 2018
Was this whole Native American thing stupid? Yes. What can't be denied is the work she's done in Congress. She's continually been a driving force against big businesses and banks taking advantage of the American people.

If we're going to honestly compare this gaffe versus a shitting President currently under investigation for campaign finance violations, tax evasion, fraud, conspiracy, and treason, I'll go with the person with a proven track record of doing the right thing in Congress and forgive this one problem.

If you're looking for a perfect candidate with no possible issues, you're going to be looking for a long time.
But I can't even explain why she did this. A lot of people had issues with Hillary "misspeaking" about emails. But I could understand why (she felt she needed to be defensive). In case of Warren, it was completely unforced error. It's type of stuff that makes me think that she cares more about her ego than any kind of policy.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
This is precisely why she never should have done that test. He will now bring it up every single chance he gets.

Zoph

Oct 25, 2017
Fucking shameful how much of this thread is patting Trump on the back for a blatantly racist dogwhistle. Guarantee you his base does not see Warren's relationship with Indian heritage as an issue in any way comparable with the way the left sees it as one.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
If you're explaining you're losing, which is why I feel like this dumb bullshit aside Warren would struggle in the general. But who am I to say and that's a long way's off.

marrec

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is precisely why she never should have done that test. He will now bring it up every single chance he gets.

Ultimately, it won't stop people from voting for her in the general election. Trump's abhorrent track record and vile personality is far more pivotal than Warren being stupid once.

Ukraine

Banned
Jun 1, 2018
Fucking shameful how much of this thread is patting Trump on the back for a blatantly racist dogwhistle. Guarantee you his base does not see Warren's relationship with Indian heritage as an issue in any way comparable with the way the left sees it as one.
How is it racist? If anything Native Americans are pissed at Warren now.

CDX

Oct 25, 2017
So, even Democrats and people that hate Trump are laughing at this.
*sigh*
She basically nuked her campaign before it even started. And it was all entirely self inflicted.

She didn't have to give Trump that sort of ammo. No sane person was demanding A DNA test.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What did she gain by that DNA reveal

Because it's pretty clear she lost a lot. The opportunity cost has been huge

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
You have to admit that Trump can create nicknames that stick with people.
Like, if you google "Pocahontas", it still brings up news bulletins about Warren.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
She needs to bounce back with a General Bone Spurs meme, after yesterday's Trump show.

But she won't because she can't troll on Trump's level.

She has zero fucking chance in a GE, hopefully her exploratory committee sits her down and goes "lol you're fucked". Not that it would matter, she wouldn't make it out of the primary, there are simply better candidates who mirror her policy wise and don't have the insane self inflicted damage she has.

stew

Dec 2, 2017
Who knows if Trump will be the one she will be running against? A lot can happen until then.
By the way this is so easy and petty.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
No way. When she came out with the results, she treated it like a victory lap that proved she was a bona fide Native American. A disaster.
Oh I agree. The whole thing was a disaster. But saying she's a liar or putting her on the same level as Republicans is outrageous.

Though now that I think about it some, I can understand an argument about not "trusting her".

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
The only one who "fell for it" was Warren when she took the test and proved how inconsequential her Native blood was. She didn't just walk into the bullet, she put her corpse in a Christmas package and mailed it straight to Trump.

Trump will do whatever it takes to tear someone down, but for God's sake don't make it so damn easy for him.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Like I said, Warren is Trump's dream opponent

And he actually is right in this one very specific issue against her

collige

Oct 31, 2017
Can't believe people are saying that's funny or that she has to throw in the towel because of this.

The idea that she and her family identify as native American and that she doesn't have a strong enough percentage in her blood for you or Trump is the weakest skeleton in a closet possible.
The whole debacle isn't the problem, it's a symptom of her terrible messaging which doesn't bode well for her campaigning in both the primary and the general. The whole thing was one of the biggest unforced errors I've seen in a while.

WetWaffle

Oct 25, 2017
How the fuck is it possible that trump makes a bad joke against a political opponent and the only people laughing at it are the political opponent's party, with one even saying they'll vote for trump if he keeps doing it, y'all are fucking unbelievable.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Trump sucks ass and will continue to suck ass until the day he dies, but that dig was pretty much set up perfectly by how foolish Warren was to walk directly into it .

Elizabeth Warren would be an outstanding president. Fuck the haters, Republicans and Democrats.

She would be a fantastic president. She is a terrible candidate. There is absolutely a distinction between the two.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
I doubt that. He did the same shit with all of his competition last time.

That's how he got to be president, he trolled his way through the republican primaries. He literally started fights between other republicans and then faded back into the shadows. It worked because the republican party fielded too many candidates. If there were fewer candidates then that would have allowed the media and other candidates to focus hard on how completely inept he was at policy, just coherent speech and thought early on.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That's pretty good! Can't believe I'm on trump's side here. I know it's unfair to have higher standards for Democrats, but if they fall to what Republicans has become, what's even the point of voting?
There are galaxies between a person indulging in one's blood line and climate change denial, rape, racism, violence-mongering, etc.

Standards are fine but we're setting ourselves up for another election of "they're not perfect so fuck everything".

marrec

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
People in here are being ridiculous. You can laugh at a joke even if it's delivered by a fucking asshole. That doesn't mean you suddenly love or support the guy.

It is fairly ridiculous to think that having a chuckle at a meme is somehow evidence of anything other than the meme being chuckle-worthy.

I think it's just another example of the "bitch eating crackers"-ness of this presidency. He's done so many bad things for so long that for some people anything that is even in close proximity to him is forever anathema.