• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DerpHause

Oct 27, 2017
Attacking anyone but Trump & co in this instance is garbage and reveals someone's true colors about who they truly think is the enemy.

Is it suddenly not ok to make note when it seems the people who should be standing for you don't have your back? Is it not ok to be mad about their silence?

OP
OP

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I'm not sure attacking liberals and Democrats should be your first reaction. Contact your reps and ask them to do something. If anyone is it's not the GOP.

If your initial reaction is Dems aren't going to do anything! Well, that's a shitty reaction and it's valid to question your motive.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Attacking anyone but Trump & co in this instance is garbage and reveals someone's true colors about who they truly think is the enemy.
I expect the politicians I elect to protect my interests against fascists, yes.

Pretty crazy, I know.

If they can't even protect a colleague, how are they going to protect me?

DerpHause

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I'm not sure attacking liberals and Democrats should be your first reaction. Contact your reps and ask them to do something. If anyone is it's not the GOP.

No one is blaming Democratic leadership for Trump's actions here.

Their blaming Democratic leadership for the apparent silence of their party.

One shouldn't be ignored because of the other, at least as far as I see it.

Oct 25, 2017
Fucking twitter, they literally won't do shit. What a garbage platform.

Goes without saying, but fuck Trump's racist Nazi ass. The day we're rid of him should be a national holiday.

The day he dies will be great, just like Thatcher, seeing the media try and maintain a respectful tone while everybody is lining up to dance on his grave.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
What a piece of garbage.

One of the worst things about this is it is going to work. Too many Americans will think she is a terrorist loving Jew hater.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
instead of dismissing the opinion because it comes from a "twitter rando" you could try to argue against it

So I can start looking for random hot takes on twitter and every time I post them I can just tell them "Nuh uh, you have to get through my twitter henchmen first before you're able to continue on to my crypt!"

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017

If your initial reaction is Dems aren't going to do anything! Well, that's a shitty reaction and it's valid to question your motive.
Dude, what? Who's attacking the Dems here? We're rightfully fucking livid at the trash heap that is the GOP and Trump but that don't mean I have to ignore the fact that the Dems have been quiet on this while a Black Muslim woman continues to be attacked. It's utterly ridiculous to even suggest pointing this out is concern trolling.

This might be the worst thing he's tweeted yet, disgusting
Agreed, dude has no fucking right attacking another person's character. Literal propaganda right before our eyes.

Oct 25, 2017

mescalineeyes

Banned
May 12, 2018
Vienna
So I can start looking for random hot takes on twitter and every time I post them I can just tell them "Nuh uh, you have to get through my twitter henchmen first before you're able to continue on to my crypt!"
good god just treat it like a post like any other, it's not that hard. I usually post tweets because I think it's an opinion worth sharing and I can't be arsed to re-phrase it.

Deleted member 8561

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
There are enemies, and there are collaborators.

giphy.gif

Yea man those collaborators who are the only reason Trump and Co. don't control the entire country via the House and who are the only reason the Mueller investigation has any hope of seeing the light of day

dat collaboration

Oct 26, 2017
If you don't get why minorities and others are disappointed in Democrats response to the treatment Ilhan's received, you're one dense motherfucker.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yes, god forbid we point out that democrats have played into Trump's talking points about Ilhan Omar.
Yes, the desire of some that don't believe anyone could have been upset in good faith regarding to endlessly relitigate the initial controversies is obvious.
Is it suddenly not ok to make note when it seems the people who should be standing for you don't have your back? Is it not ok to be mad about their silence?
This was tweeted less than two hours ago. This is something that demands a unified response from the congressional caucus. That is not going to be ready in less than two hours.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Depressing beyond words. Anyone that uses 9/11 imagery for political points already needs a good sock in the face, this is leagues worse.

DerpHause

Oct 27, 2017

Or you could just address the argument directly instead. I get that hyper-polarization gets people thinking we only have 2 settings, total apathy and peak snark but if you try hard and dig deep enough you might find the capacity for real conversation in there somewhere.

This was tweeted less than two hours ago. This is something that demands a unified response from the congressional caucus. That is not going to be ready in less than two hours.

Why? We have leadership that could act immediately. Show no hesitation and no doubt in the face of crap like this. None.

Deleted member 8561

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
good god just treat it like a post like any other, it's not that hard. I usually post tweets because I think it's an opinion worth sharing and I can't be arsed to re-phrase it.

Yea, which is the entire issue with people posting rando twitter accounts

It's a lazy way to validate views and opinions, because if someone else shares the view point you're posting, then it must be valid!

Might as well just drive by shit post, which is basically the overall content of political threads on ERA now thanks to a wonderful select few

Oct 29, 2017
If Trump wins reelection, in 2024 you KNOW that Republicans are going to look for the next racist alt right piece of shit they can think of.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Yea man those collaborators who are the only reason Trump and Co. don't control the entire country via the House and who are the only reason the Mueller investigation has any hope of seeing the light of day

dat collaboration
You're right. Doing some good things excuses shameful and disgusting behavior elsewhere.

How stupid of me.

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Now hold on folks. Before you get out your pitchforks for moderates... How quick did it take for Dems to jump on Omar over her "all about the Benjamins" tweet?

If it took them longer than this, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Anyone who takes any longer than a few hours in comparison to their reaction there, though, reveals themselves for what they are. But I'm not sure we should jump the gun until they actually pants themselves.

Also, more on the actual topic as it is now: Fuck Trump. May he be cursed with migraines. This could legit get her or someone around her killed. Twitter should absolutely suspend him for this, anything less shows a lack of interest in policing Islamophobia and white supremacy in spite of claims they'd do better.

Oct 27, 2017
there's no discussion to be had regarding the video posted. it's racist, vile and dangerous.

the only discussion we can have now how this needs to be dealt with.

Then why should anyone be arsed to respond? I have no beef with you, and the Dems have been craven about supporting Omar. But I have much bigger issues, like dealing with a fascist threatening a rep. Stop trying to fight two-fronted wars with allies because we're the only ones listening to you ATM.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for that hot take from Twitter randos. Is that your opinion too?

I dunno, I saw this chilling tweet by a non-verified Twitter user that really puts things in perspective: "I am to be Muslim who am black and not man. Democrats are no comrades of mine after event of today transpiring. Am not to be voting in upcoming selection. Both parties are same."

less

Oct 25, 2017
Trump is the worst. I truly wish an ill fate on him. May his legacy lie in ruins and his name reviled for the remainder of human history.

Fuck him.

Oct 25, 2017
Reported it. Some fucking nut is going to put a bullet through her, and it will be blood on every platform that did nothing against this targeted harassment.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why? We have leadership that could act immediately. Show no hesitation and no doubt in the face of crap like this. None.
Because Pelosi is a leader and not an individual rep like AOC and can't just snap back a tweet when she is the voice of the entire house delegation when a situation like this is unprecedented and escalating the danger and necessary response to Trump on a day when he's already done so w/ the Pardon thing.

We have a President trying to get a House Rep killed the same day he's promising to pardon a guy for breaking the law at his command. This is not normal.
Now hold on folks. Before you get out your pitchforks for moderates... How quick did it take for Dems to jump on Omar over her "all about the Benjamins" tweet?

If it took them longer than this, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Anyone who takes any longer than a few hours in comparison to their reaction there, though, reveals themselves for what they are. But I'm not sure we should jump the gun until they actually pants themselves.

Also, more on the actual topic as it is now: Fuck Trump. May he be cursed with migraines. This could legit get her or someone around her killed. Twitter should absolutely suspend him for this, anything less shows a lack of interest in policing Islamophobia and white supremacy in spite of claims they'd do better.
IIRC it was at least 5-6 hours after that until it started to blow up, after the accidental RT.