Banned
Dec 3, 2018

US forces in middle ISIS leader's compound: 3:30 PM
Trump left golf course at 3:33 PM
Photo op of Trump "watching" the raid was staged at 5:05 PM

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
He really wanted the Obama moment but wasn't a good enough President to quite get there. Even the staged photo sucks.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
He really wanted the Obama moment but wasn't a good enough President to quite get there. Even the staged photo sucks.
This is the second time they tried to copy the Obama in the situation room moment too. The first time being for that utterly meaningless bombing of empty hangars in Syria forever ago.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Is any evidence of him at the golf club at the time? Even the Trump WH staff aren't stupid enough to put "holding secret raid" on his public itinerary.

Staging the photo 2 hours later is hilariously insecure though.

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is any evidence of him at the golf club at the time? Even the Trump WH staff aren't stupid enough to put "holding secret raid" on his public itinerary.

Staging the photo 2 hours later is hilariously insecure though.
I mean, the raid took a few hours, they probably took it at the conclusion.

Even by Trump's standards, I highly doubt he was out golfing while this raid was going on.

Oct 28, 2017
Just shows how little he respects his job. This was no doubt a hastily thrown together photo op to manufacture some kind of presidential news byte.

Too busy to monitor his attack because he's golfing with the commissioner of the MLB and Lindsay Graham.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Makes sense. Give the enemy a false sense of security. Won't be drone'd if the POTUS is playing golf, right?

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
www.theverge.com

The photography of Trump's presidency is a huge break from Obama's

Donald Trump’s presidency is not normal, and neither is the way it’s being photographed

Obama's photographer had near unlimited access, photographing the president even in high security areas. Trump keeps his photographer at a distance. Even the famous photos of Trump with the Russians in the oval wasn't captured by the WH photog, but by the Russians.

This is why Trump will never have a humanizing, vulnerable, and strong photo of him, because he freezes everyone out, because he's an inhuman, unfeeling, weak man.

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hmm... what makes you doubt it? What has Trump ever done right to deserve the lack of doubt?
Media reports(quoting Trump) the raid started at 5pm for starters, where is 3:30 pm coming from?

"He says he and his team were gathered in the situation room at 5pm yesterday. The lift-off started moments later. He says that there were shots fired at the US helicopters as they were travelling towards the site and that the helicopters shot back.

They conducted an on-site DNA test and brought body parts back with them. He says that positive identification of Baghdadi was made about 15 minutes later."

Last edited:

Saya

Oct 25, 2017
EH5RpnpXYAEfMqB

the wires lmao

Solace

Dog's Best Friend
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Those loose cords scattered all over the table is such a nice touch. "We are so busy doing important stuff" lmao

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Media reports(quoting Trump) the raid started at 5pm for starters, where is 3:30 pm coming from?

"He says he and his team were gathered in the situation room at 5pm yesterday. The lift-off started moments later. He says that there were shots fired at the US helicopters as they were travelling towards the site and that the helicopters shot back.

They conducted an on-site DNA test and brought body parts back with them. He says that positive identification of Baghdadi was made about 15 minutes later."

Yeah, I'm guessing he was made aware of the time frame and had to leave the golf course to be directly involved.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
I'm willing to bet the vast majority of military ops take place without any oversight from him.

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I'm willing to bet the vast majority of military ops take place without any oversight from him.
That's probably true of any presidency. These things are basically well-oiled machines, and only on rare instances, I'd imagine, is the President actually required to be on-call to give any real oversight.

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sounds like someone jumped the gun on this one. The raid everywhere I can find says they took off from Erbil, Iraq at 5:00pm and took 1 hour 10 minutes to reach the compound.

less

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao. Lies and bullshit and projection simple because he wanted to be like Obama and have a cool raid photo.

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So the hell what you have a problem with that?
We have a problem with people inventing fake stories to use against Trump, especially when there is plenty of material to use against him. You harm legitimate criticism against Trump when they can point to instances like this where people post fake stories and they have verifiable information to prove its fake. Don't give them that ammo.

lemmykoopah

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
We have a problem with people inventing fake stories to use against Trump, especially when there is plenty of material to use against him. You harm legitimate criticism against Trump when they can point to instances like this where people post fake stories and they have verifiable information to prove its fake. Don't give them that ammo.
Bingo.

Kildrek

Oct 25, 2017
Source on the 330pm start time?

I'm only finding reporting of the raid starting at 5pm.

I sure would hate to boomerpost something that didn't happen.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also he didn't tell congressional leadership, did tell Lindsey Graham and Putin claimed democrats would leak it but it leaked before his fucking tweet.

Rep John Ratcliffe was the only republican to get it right "President Trump kept his eye on the ball"

everything was Titleist.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
It's amazing how even digital cameras have a Liberal Bias, automatically detecting a heroic conservative, hating him, and mechanically adjusting its own meta-data to create fake news, just because digital technology, like colored people, sexual degenerates and Muslims, hate freedom and are jealous of America. That hatred of American freedom and justice by machines, anti-fascists, and people that care about equal rights is proof that America Is Great.

Status
Not open for further replies.