• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
May 9, 2018

Tonight, "60 Minutes" has obtained a letter that indicates the government whistleblower who set off the impeachment inquiry of President Trump is under federal protection, because he or she fears for their safety. These rapidly developing events began Tuesday when Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi ordered the investigation based on a phone call between Mr. Trump and the president of Ukraine. President Volodymyr Zelensky asked Mr. Trump for missiles, Mr. Trump asks Zelensky for "a favor" to investigate Mr. Trump's Democratic rivals.

Federal protection...from the president.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly? I can see this backfiring and one of her protectors happen to be a Trumper that leaks their identity.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good thing the person who wants him dead isn't in charge of the federal government

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
One has to wonder if the main threat is from radical Conservatives or from the executive branch of the US government. Given that the general public doesn't know who it is and probably won't find even with internet detective work I'd have to assume it's the latter, which is disturbing.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Whistleblowers in general have become very targeted in the modern era by the federal goverment, its just another day for it to be normalized that we should put them under lock and key or worse.

Of course it seems like the people who defend or attack whistleblowers depends on their political affiliation or what they are doing. Besides the ones who leak war crimes and all that, then they can be held in solitary forever.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Would be cool to start an Iam the whistleblower movement. Can't kill us all.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Somewhat related but Stelter is a fucking "both sides" tool, douchebag motherfucker.

Here he is whining about Deniro's language because he's a tool, douchebag motherfucker

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine being this person and having the goddamn President straight up threaten your life in the public, like, not in some smokey backroom or anything.

mjp2417

Nov 2, 2017
government employee seeks state protection from death threats made by sitting president is some peak banana republic shit

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly? I can see this backfiring and one of her protectors happen to be a Trumper that leaks their identity.
I mean, they're under protection, not protecting their identity.

The point is to protect them even if their identity is revealed, or especially if their identity is revealed.

Deleted member 4372

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhat related but Stelter is a fucking "both sides" tool, douchebag motherfucker.

Here he is whining about Deniro's language because he's a tool, douchebag motherfucker

When DeNiro was poppin' he should have kept his goddamn mouth shut and let the moment happen. Even if he disagreed with him in the moment. From a 'TV moment' perspective at the very least, shut the fuck up and let DeNiro pop off.

Viriditas

Oct 25, 2017
United States

giphy.gif

Get fucked, orange fascist. The only people lying to Congress are you and your flying monkeys.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America

This cunt is projecting and flailing aimlessly in panic atm. However, it does render him pretty dangerous given who the fuck knows what he will say to energize his degenerate rotten fleshbags of a base in his ever decaying unhinged tirades now that impeachment inquiry is officially underway.

Guess you folks need to keep an eye out and ears open for what's to come out that shitstain in Minneapolis rally.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

In any other administration these three tweets would result in impeachment and 25th amendment removal. And that's without pointing out that he himself confessed to and documented everything in the whistleblower account with the exception of the document hiding - which is not even disputed.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
In any other administration these three tweets would result in impeachment and 25th amendment removal. And that's without pointing out that he himself confessed to and documented everything in the whistleblower account with the exception of the document hiding - which is not even disputed.
These last 3 years have shown me that the mighty "check and balance" is a bunch of bullshit.

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
Kellyanne husband maybe but Stephen Miller? Lmao have you been paying attention my guy? SM is THA REAL VP
Alls I'm saying is I saw him talking to Pence is hushed tones. They were looking like they didn't want anyone to see. Then, shortly after, hand someone in a trenchcoat and fedora a manilla folder. Probably nothing. Probably just a speech. But if I were trump...I'd be careful you know? 😏

Oct 27, 2017
In any normal reality, Wohl and the guy dumber than Wohl would have been rounded up for a host of federal crimes, at even thinking about putting a bounty for "information" on a CIA agent's head.

What sort of evil Nordic majik do you have to possess to not already be sitting in a fucking cell wondering when your 30 minutes of yard time is?

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
This whole shit is messed up. Our government is out here placing hits out on whistle blowers. The AG has unlimited reach and will find this person and have something done to them or their family.

It's like trump is always coming up with ways to obstruct and cover his ass.

Deleted member 4372

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Imagine being the whistleblower, who is undoubtedly keeping up to date on the news, and reading this and hearing Trump threaten them. And you're sitting there thinking 'I did the right thing.' and now you're in witness protection after receiving thinly veiled death threats from the President of the US. Fucking crazy.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
I don't really see why the NYT should be expected to keep the whistleblower's identity secret, they aren't a protected or vulnerable class like say, a Trump donor.