• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

VinylCassette64

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
giphy.gif

Any chance of legal repercussions for this?

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Add it to the fuckin' pile.

So much awful shit is going to normalized by the time he's out of there, whenever the fuck that will be.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
One of the few silver linings to come from the current US presidency and government are the numerous leaks courtesy of people who actually are bold and care and/or have different agenda than the ones being currently pursued.

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
So will Maggie Haberman tell another morning TV news show he just "doesn't know what he's doing/signing?" again on this as well?

Remmy2112

Nov 5, 2017
One of the few silver linings to come from the current US presidency and government are the numerous leaks courtesy of people who actually are bold and care and/or have different agenda than the ones being currently pursued.

Shame that none of these people are the ones that were actually elected as Republicans or appointed to the positions that are taking any sort of stand. There should be more than just Democrats and retiring/retired Republicans doing this.

Deleted member 2625

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's like the Katamari Damacy of lawsuits, this admin

I'm actually starting to see the accelerationist argument

Taki

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems very normal and very cool.

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
Man and I thought that databases full of real people, like a national gun registry, is how the tyrannical government will get all the gun owners in the US.
Now watch as every right winger be totally ok with the government creating a database to target certain groups of people.

OtherWorldly

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Remember the simpler times when Mitt Romney said folder full of women he can hire...

Now we have a president who has a database full of journalists he can target

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
stuff like this legitimately make me wonder what will be the final straw that make the GOP say "okay, even for us this is fucked, lets work on getting him impeached"

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
stuff like this legitimately make me wonder what will be the final straw that make the GOP say "okay, even for us this is fucked, lets work on getting him impeached"
Unless Trump's base of fanatics turns on him (they won't), there IS no straw. None whatsoever.
Short of adopting progressive Democrat policy platforms. They would have an issue with that.
But if he went out tomorrow and ordered journalists to be executed, they'd be cool with it.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing. Literally. He has to be voted out. That is 100% all there is to it.
Cratering poll numbers would break Trump's hold on the GOP. But I can't think of anything that would drop his numbers below 30% so It's a moot point.

edit: Maybe a big economic depression? Nuclear annihilation?

Last edited:

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
Cratering poll numbers would break Trump's hold on the GOP. But I can't think of anything that would drop his numbers below 30% so It's a moot point.

edit: Maybe a big economic depression? Nuclear annihilation?

This country could fall apart at the seams and those morons (both his base and the jackasses in the government enabling him) would blame the Democrats.

There's nothing that can break that wall.

Taki

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What if Obama had done this?

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, I'm positive this has always existed to some extent or the other. Still, first amendment much?

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The article reports that certain American photojournalists and attorneys suspected they were being closely monitored by the U.S Government but couldn't get proof of such monitoring until now. This monitoring was a part of "Operation Secure Line": https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/lo...06783231.html?amp=y&__twitter_impression=true

These American photojournalists and attorneys said they suspected the U.S. government was monitoring them closely but until now, they couldn't prove it.

Now, documents leaked to NBC 7 Investigates show their fears weren't baseless. In fact, their own government had listed their names in a secret database of targets, where agents collected information on them. Some had alerts placed on their passports, keeping at least three photojournalists and an attorney from entering Mexico to work.

The documents were provided to NBC 7 by a Homeland Security source on the condition of anonymity, given the sensitive nature of what they were divulging.

The source said the documents or screenshots show a SharePoint application that was used by agents from Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), the U.S. Border Patrol, Homeland Security Investigations and some agents from the San Diego sector of the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI).

The intelligence gathering efforts were done under the umbrella of "Operation Secure Line," the operation designated to monitor the migrant caravan, according to the source.

The documents list people who officials think should be targeted for screening at the border.

The individuals listed include ten journalists, seven of whom are U.S. citizens, a U.S. attorney, and 47 people from the U.S. and other countries, labeled as organizers, instigators or their roles "unknown." The target list includes advocates from organizations like Border Angels and Pueblo Sin Fronteras.

The documents are titled "San Diego Sector Foreign Operations Branch: Migrant Caravan FY-2019, Suspected Organizers, Coordinators, Instigators and Media" and are dated January 9, 2019.

Emblazoned on it are the American and Mexican flags, with a banner that reads: "ILU-OASSIS-OMEGA." An official at the Department of Homeland Security said the seal indicates that the documents are a product of the International Liaison Unit (ILU), which coordinates intelligence between Mexico and the United States.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Authoritarian, fascist etc.

Of course not a single Republican politician or pundit is crying about free speech here because it's all projection and crocodile tears and there's no sense in giving them the benefit of the doubt, as they've repeatedly proven.

WarMacheen

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck this goddamn administration. the GOP and Trump can all go to hell. Every single damn one of them.

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
CBP's full statement claims that "criminal events" is what triggered the closer monitoring: https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/5759650-CBP-Full-Statement.html

Yeah, it's bullshit if we go by the leaker/whistleblower's claim:

In addition to flagging the individuals for secondary screenings, the Homeland Security source told NBC 7 that the agents also created dossiers on each person listed.

"We are a criminal investigation agency, we're not an intelligence agency," the Homeland Security source told NBC 7 Investigates. "We can't create dossiers on people and they're creating dossiers. This is an abuse of the Border Search Authority."

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
What if Obama had done this to Fox News pundits and conservative radio hosts? I bet the GOP would have been totally cool with it!

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
If I didn't know any better, I'd say our current administration is fascist.

TinfoilHatsROn

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If anything this'll make GOP members want to support Trump, especially since it's journalists and activists tied to """pro-illegals""" in their poisoned minds.