Status
Not open for further replies.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
I know it's silly but I still don't trust polling. I'll believe it when I see him lose.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
It is dangerous, focus too much on Texas, miss it and then realize you didn't spend enough time on actual battle states. But if you win Texas, that is a tremendous blow.

BradC00

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Don't try and run up the score like in 2016. Just go after real swing states!

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
If he's REALLY down in Texas just imagine where he's polling in swing states that tipped him the election in 2016 because "let's give him a chance"? I firmly believe he lost those voters and the independents maybe even a few moderate Republicans.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Texas is never gonna actually go blue. People keep saying it's gonna happen, but it always ends up not even close.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Texas is going to be tight, like 1% point tight is my guess. I do think Trump will win it though, but prove me wrong Texans, get people to vote.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
It is dangerous, focus too much on Texas, miss it and then realize you didn't spend enough time on actual battle states. But if you win Texas, that is a tremendous blow.
Spend what time? It's the quarantine. At this point it's a question of spending the money to open more field offices in the state, which can have major down ballot benefits even if Biden narrowly loses the state. It also forces Trump's team to waste time & money in defending a state they didn't think would be competitive. Win-Win.

Oct 27, 2017
The one thing I really like about this story is hopefully it stops the media from artificially propping up Trump to make the election actually look contentious nationally.

If the story going into November from MSM focuses on Texas now being a battleground state, it'll make the GOP pour a lion-share of it's resources and attention into Texas, crippling them nationwide.

cdm00

The Fallen
Dec 5, 2018
Would TX stay blue however? Like VA in 2008 and onwards? Or is AZ more likely for that category in 2020?

electricblue

Oct 27, 2017
The one thing I really like about this story is hopefully it stops the media from artificially propping up Trump to make the election actually look contentious nationally.

If the story going into November from MSM focuses on Texas now being a battleground state, it'll make the GOP pour a lion-share of it's resources and attention into Texas, crippling them nationwide.

If they're spending money on Texas they might as well concede

SlayerSaint

Jan 6, 2019
Would TX stay blue however? Like VA in 2008 and onwards? Or is AZ more likely for that category in 2020?

As an AZ resident, I feel like AZ is definitely more likely for that. I think Texas still has some time to go until it's fully converted, even if it did swing in this one election, which I doubt. I think there's a very good chance AZ goes blue this year and I think there's a good chance it only continues to get bluer.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Imagine having to tell the giant baby this.

I am worried about Trump's response to this kind of news, though. 'Cause he obviously isn't going to look at it and ask himself how to do better. He'll tell at his people to figure out how to cheat the system better.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see losing Texas in the cards, but the fact that his internal polling shows it to be a possibility means great things everywhere else.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
my hope is NC, georgia, arizona and texas go blue and a whole shit load of voter reform goes down... then DC and PR become states

GOP would then have absolutely zero choice but to go back to 50 state strategy... aka bye bye racist populism

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Texas is never gonna actually go blue. People keep saying it's gonna happen, but it always ends up not even close.
Since 2004, the Democratic vote in Texas has grown by over a million while the Republican vote has remained stagnant. Trump didn't win many more votes than Bush despite Texas's insane population growth. With the rising Latino and urban vote, Texas going "blue" is a question of when not if.

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
And internal polling is almost always generous to the candidate who ran it, too.

cdm00

The Fallen
Dec 5, 2018
Since 2004, the Democratic vote in Texas has grown by over a million while the Republican vote has remained stagnant. Trump didn't win many more votes than Bush despite Texas's insane population growth. With the rising Latino and urban vote, Texas going "blue" is a question of when not if.
Biden would just help TX become blue faster then, correct?

RoaminRonin

Nov 6, 2017

People said the same thing about Orange County CA aka Reagan County. Republican defiantly and confidently said Democrats would never ever win OC, guess what happened? Democrats flipped every seat blue.

CDX

Oct 25, 2017
I'm assuming it is because Republicans in Texas might be fed up with Trump and refuse to vote for him, rather than a surge of Democrats that for some reason never bothered voting in Texas before.

But how are the Texas Senate polls looking? If Biden is in striking distance.....do Dems also have a shot at the Senate? I'm not expecting to unseat Republican Senator John Cornyn, but you can always hope.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Good.

We need a complete and total evisceration of bunker bitch, conservative ideology, hate, intolerance, bigotry and Republicans this November.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
I remember when people were thinking Texas was in play for Clinton.

I'm not going to say recent polling isn't giving me a little bit of hope, just that it's hard to ignore the asshole squeaking by in 2016.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
FYI, I read the reports yesterday the Trump campaign are spending a TON of money on Ohio, where he was overwhelming voted for in 2016. Ohio should not even be in consideration, but their team decided that it was actually in contention and they've been running ads like crazy over here.

That's a VERY good sign. So many of these states wouldn't otherwise ever be considered battleground states, but they need to waste time here because there's legit risk of him losing support. It's a VERY promising sign for November.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
It'll happen eventually but probably not yet. Arizona goes blue first imo (and maybe this year thanks to the senate race there)

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
Also, Arizona might be slipping out of reach..which would eliminate the need to win Wisconsin.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Biden would just help TX become blue faster then, correct?
Biden would likely have no long term effect on Texas's voting population. However, Trump has probably ruined any attempts by Texas Republicans to add to their voter base, hence increasing the likelihood that Texas will go blue sooner than later.

Sleve McDichael

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
It's going to happen, eventually.
I'm not confident that 2020 is the year, though. I hope Biden doesn't make the same mistakes that Clinton made. Don't spend too much time/money campaigning in a pipe dream state.

Marvie

Oct 25, 2017
I would loooooove to see Texas go blue. The right wing meltdowns would be amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.