EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
In the words of Dr. King

These people are more interested in the presence of order and that their daily lives is not disturbed in any manner by people who want change in systems.
Yep. It leaves you wondering when or even if there's a point where such people would actually be willing to stand up for their rights. It simply seems they'll keep their mouths shut and stay in line as long as it's more comfortable than putting up a fight.

Tex Murphy

Nov 2, 2017
Obama doesn't really have any monuments dedicated to him as far as I know.

They did this instead:
45144601367f69cdc29df70c4da12102.jpg

My grandfather used to email these around to me and my family members. I'm glad he's dead now and can't vote.

Nov 1, 2017
Has anyone compiled a master list of proper ways to protest? I know we're not supposed to:

-Pull confederate monuments to slavery down
-Block the street, even if we let ambulances through
-Confront politicians in public, even if you're gay and they want to remove your civil rights
-Deface a star on the street which declares a white nationalist, pro child internment camp monster as a "star"

Priorities though! Is laying down and taking it "acceptable?"
No one likes boring lay. Can't just lay there you have to pretend you're enthused while you take it.

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There are very few examples of damaging public property that I'd approve of, but I'm not the least bit bothered by this. No one was hurt.

Would be hilarious of the mayor announced they can't spare the funds to fix it anytime soon.

riverfr0zen

Oct 27, 2017
Manhattan, New York
I bet it's also spit on 50 times a day.

I passed it by about a month ago, was tempted to spit on it myself, but the thing looked filthy - almost like people literally shit on it on a regular basis. In any case, so many people were booing it and giving it the middle finger that I settled on doing that instead. Did the same to Trump Tower in NYC months before that too. Felt good.

Stuff like that does happen, according to CNN:
In April 2016, a Superman impersonator on Hollywood Boulevard said he had seen visitors make obscene gestures next to the star, deface it with paint and allow a dog to relieve itself on the landmark.

That a Superman impersonator was monitoring the area and called as witness made me laugh.

Oct 25, 2017
They generally don't. The person who nominates the celebrity (who can be literally anyone, but is often the celebrity themselves) pays $40,000 up front for installation and maintenance. In theory taxes would pay for maintenance on older stars, with the idea that the tourists they bring to the area pump more money into the economy than it costs to pay for the stars' upkeep (and many of the celebs with stars sign deals that allow local businesses to sell merch with their likeness on it as well), but around 20% of the stars are cracked, broken, stained, and otherwise in disrepair because Hollywood doesn't actually spend any money to fix them. To get a damaged star fixed on the Walk of Fame a private party generally has to pay the installation cost again, especially if it's an older deceased celeb. It's possible the city maintains Trump's in situations like this because it is a tourist draw in and of itself (no such thing as bad publicity), but I don't know for sure.

Cool. Thanks for explaining it.

Nov 1, 2017
If we were true progressives we'd open up a dialogue with the people kicking us in the head, try to understand where they're coming from.
And if they scuff their shoe while doing it you apologize and treat them to a new pair. Times are tough, if we don't care about their economic anxiety are we really any better than those who support the caging and abuse of children?

Some would say no and we call those people dumbfucks.

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
If anyone thinks this is bad, just wait until people can desecrate his grave. Might need to build a wall around it.

Mr. X

Oct 25, 2017
Well they ignored me. I had to find this place myself. lol

Anyway, isn't it strange that people cry both sides despite the fact that the right has been vandalizing far more stuff with hate symbols since November 2016? But now vandalism is a problem?

Hmmmmmmm
Let's be 100

They've been doing it with burning crosses on lawns

jay

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing worse than violence against people is violence against property. I was going to vote Democrat next election but now I'm not so sure.

Lurkyseas

Banned
Dec 31, 2017
People really out here caping for Trump's Hollywood star. Y'all are disgusting. Showing more sympathy for a man's decoration versus actual victims of his incompetence.

Weak ERA moderation for someone who was clearly openly trolling and downplaying racism.

One week will do. Let's let him come back and continue the same behavior.

I agree. This kind of behavior from such posters cannot be tolerated or normalized here like on other sites such as the politics board on GameFAQs & on NeoGAF.

They need to be permabanned in order to send a message to everyone else.

Edit: And stop it with this ridiculous "both sides" bullshit.

Last edited:

sooperkool

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They should replace the gold stars with blacked out or erased stars for people like Trump and Cosby.

Oct 25, 2017
USA, Sol 3, Universe 1
Absolutely tasteless and with no class. There are better ways to show dislike for someone than vandalizing innocent property that not even the person being disliked owns. At least have the decency to not leave the pickaxe. Jeez...

Lurkyseas

Banned
Dec 31, 2017
Absolutely tasteless and with no class. There are better ways to show dislike for someone than vandalizing innocent property that not even the person being disliked owns. At least have the decency to not leave the pickaxe. Jeez...

No right-wing, Trump defending bullshit, please. It's gotten ridiculous enough in this thread as it is.

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Actually this is a very tasteful, classy way to deal with a fascist's star on the walk. And it actually adds value to the street due to how hated T***p is. Now that it's a gaping hole, it's a proper attraction rather than a symbol of rising fascism.

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, are there really though?

Actions speak louder than words in this case. Trump isn't likely to read anything the protester would type out on social media but you can be sure he's going to know about this and he will get a crystal clear message that this person really fucking hates him. I think Trump pays for the star as well.

Oct 25, 2017
USA, Sol 3, Universe 1
Ugh...

http://www.tmz.com/2018/07/25/james-otis-bailing-new-trump-star-vandal-out-jail/

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/398893-man-who-vandalized-trumps-walk-of-fame-star-bailed-out-by-guy

Excerpt below.

Clay was booked on suspicion of felony vandalism for the incident and was being held on $20,000 bail.

Shortly after Clay's arrest, however, James Otis - who previously vandalized the star with a sledgehammer and pickax days before the November 2016 election - was reportedly working to bail Clay out, according to TMZ.

Me right now.
4d9ea1d8-d34e-4372-bflwc1n.gif

It's like... what?

Last edited:

ishan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
eeh ... I like the other method refereed to such as the building a small wall around it etc.