• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

melodiousmowl

Jan 14, 2018
CT
Just a thread for the most triggering or annoying things in video gaming.

This one for me is up there with the about to drown in sonic music/sound effects.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
Just a thread for the most triggering or annoying things in video gaming.
Oh yay there's a checkpoint marker.
Oh joy the only way to the checkpoint marker is through this very narrow passage.
Oh look at that we're squeezing through the passage slowly.
Oh what a surprise it's a significant battle on the other side.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Characters who exist to repeat shit that you already knew (Fi from Skyward Sword, Chadley from FFVII Rebirth, Starly from Mario & Luigi)

joffocakes

Nov 15, 2017
What's the line in the thread title a reference to? I thought it was gonna be a thread about how cool it is to keep a combo multiplier going.

Pendas

Oct 28, 2017
Ice on the floor making your character slide....
Wind pushing your character around and messing up your inputs.

I LOATHE those mechanics.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm personally not a fan of ranking systems in single-player games. Yeah, I get the arcade nature of it and trying to get a high score, but I just don't care. I never cared about scores or time attacks. I feel accomplished just completing the stage. I don't need to see a D rank or a copper trophy at the end reminding me I'm shit at the game.

Ramala

Oct 28, 2017
Santa Monica, LA
Wow, that boss just wiped the floor with me. There was no way to know that move was coming without first dying to it! Oh well, onwards and upwards! That sure won't happen next time! Let's try this fight again!

... Respawns some 20 minutes of game content/cinematics earlier.

intradictus

Sep 17, 2023
Having a segment where you need to walk with/follow an npc but their movement is somewhere between your standard movement speed and sprint

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
NPC buddy characters that tell you to hurry up constantly.

"You're now leaving the mission area" in an open world game.

Trying to be creative or doing anything the director didn't want you to during a mission in RDR2 "FAILED"
hqdefault.jpg

yi89fpxnmo741.jpg

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
I get irrationally angry in FPS games where team mates/NPCs have collision and get in your way. Even more infuruiorating is when you are backing up and they block you and you have no idea what is stopping you from moving. Or when they actually push you out of cover when they try to path to the cover themselves.

Every NPC in FPS games should be pushed out of the way when you collide with them with zero friction.