• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DECK’ARD

Creator of Worms
Verified
Nov 26, 2017
UK
FeaturedImage.png

• BRAND NEW STORY set between the end of Turbo Kid and the upcoming Turbo Kid sequel developed in collaboration with RKSS and EMA Films, the creators of the franchise.
  • OVER THE TOP GORE, rendered in glorious pixel-art and painstakingly precise ragdoll physics.
  • BIKE THROUGH LEVELS in the first metroidvania to include access to the height of human-powered transport technology: the All-Terrain Bike!
  • COLLECT TURBO SKILLS! In the style of classic metroidvanias, discover new power-ups and weapons to make your journey smoother
  • PLAY AS THE KID OR AS APPLE, the fan favorite character from the film
  • SPEED-RUNNABLE DESIGN for hardcore gamers, made possible by a fluid and non-invasive narrative design.
  • FIVE SPRAWLING WORLDS to explore.
  • NON-LINEAR NARRATIVE allows you to complete the game in whichever order you see fit and make decisions that will change the outcome of the game.
  • KICKASS NEW SOUNDTRACK BY LE MATOS, electronic band extraordinaire and creators of the film's soundtrack.
  • IN GAME COMIC BOOK, collect all the pages to recreate a brand new story drawn by JEIK DION
  • IN GAME CASSETTE PLAYER, collect all the tracks and decide which song to listen to while playing.
  • MULTIPLE MINI GAMES to test your skills and gain bonuses.

View: https://youtu.be/-9GUp_wHLbM?si=tyGuGVFU2oNqp_Wg

01-_Gore.gif

Bike3.gif

Backed this on Kickstarter all the way back in 2021. It's finally been released on Steam and looks great!

I'm waiting for the Switch version, which they say won't be too far behind, but if you get it on Steam do post your impressions in this thread.

Last edited:

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I just did a big indie buy today with Children of the Sun, Minishoot Adventures, and Yellow Taxi Goes Vroom. So I'll wait on this, but I'll keep an eye on it

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Excited to give it a go when it hits consoles.

Love the movie and the soundtrack remains in my rotation to this day. It's fantastic.

Glad to see they are doing the game as well.

OP
OP
DECK’ARD

DECK’ARD

Creator of Worms
Verified
Nov 26, 2017
UK
Updated the OP.

I note they also say a film sequel is in the works as well, hope that's still the case.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I think I'm just gonna take the plunge on this blind

I'll report back with impressions at some point

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
This is an unexpected surprise. I loved Turbo Kid and always thought it would make for a great video game.

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
They were aiming to have the Switch version release at the same time, but it's taking a bit longer. I'll update the thread as soon as it's out.

Coming to Switch as soon as possible, but from what I know it still need a little time in the oven :)
Can't wait, I'll be there day one!

The movement looks so fun!

Dec 27, 2019
Seattle
I just heard of Laika a few days ago...demo was really good. Surprised it's not well known...but then again maybe it is and I just completely missed it.
One of my favorite games last year. Incredible music and mood, really good story and characters. It got very hard though, and I think the bike combat was a bit much for a lot of people. Turbo Kid's part-on and part-off approach seems like it might go down easier.

bixente

Jan 27, 2019
Been looking forward to this for a while. One of my most anticipated games of the year.

Zampano

The Fallen
Dec 3, 2017
Put a few hours in, this is really wonderful. Surprised how polished it is. Lovely art, tight controls and really enjoying the traversal. Get on it.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Man I had no idea this game was a thing and I loved Turbo Kid, have to check this out.

OP
OP
DECK’ARD

DECK’ARD

Creator of Worms
Verified
Nov 26, 2017
UK

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Hoping for a physical on this. I believe one of the Kickstarter goals was a physical edition, so maybe it'll get a wider release?

ekim

Oct 26, 2017
I thought this was about the anime series with that kid that could transform into a car while showering. But that was called Turbo Teen. lol

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't even know this was a thing, and yet here I am thinking about watching the film again over the last three weeks.

basic_text

Oct 27, 2017
Derby, UK
Started a new save as my previous 8 hour save got corrupted somehow :(

Now 12 hours in and 2 chips down, why on earth did I not think to use the
jump dash to reach the ladder to the abandoned mall? The jump looked too high!