• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Contraband

Nov 15, 2017
Hannah, Montana

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I really hope what ever this is its feasible on psvr. I don't make the money anymore to even think of upgrading a PC let alone investing in PC vr.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
good thing turtle rock already knows how it feels to work on a pointless project

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
If I were making a VR game, I sure as shit wouldn't set expectations by comparing it to Zelda, no matter how closely the game is modeled after it.

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Chances are it's probably playable in the quest as well, which is 400$, but standalone.

400 for a standalone is still a high ask for me atm unfortunately. Hopefully this will change.

Says "Oculus exclusive" in the thread title. That said, this sounds like it's for the Quest which is all in one and doesn't use a PC.

Unless it's a timed exclusive it probably won't come to PSVR.

Yes but being as previously games exclusive to a certain headset eventually do move I can be hopeful.

Oct 27, 2017
Ready at Dawn, Twisted Pixels, 4A Games, Sanzaru, Insomniac and now Turtle Rock ? I've been happy with PS VR output so far but It would be nice to see Sony also invest into those well known studios sometimes. So far it feels like Oculus has invested in the biggest amount of exclusives, good for the devs.

Deleted member 2620

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ready at Dawn, Twisted Pixels, 4A Games, Sanzaru, Insomniac and now Turtle Rock ? I've been happy with PS VR output so far but It would be nice to see Sony also invest into those well known studios sometimes. So far it feels like Oculus has invested in the biggest amount of exclusives, good for the devs.
Yeah, Oculus talked a lot about their publishing ambitions leading up to the release of the Rift and I think the results have lived up to that for the most part (even if they're overlooked a bit). One of my favorite VR games is still Chronos, an Oculus Studios funded game from the 2016 launch of the Rift made by ex Darksiders devs.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
If I were making a VR game, I sure as shit wouldn't set expectations by comparing it to Zelda, no matter how closely the game is modeled after it.

I mean if it shares a lot of similar fundamentals as a Zelda-like experience I don't see the issue with the comparison. One of the Oculus launch titles was advertised as being similar to Zelda and Dark Souls (Chronos) and that comparison was pretty accurate. Now if the devs said something ridiculous like "This shit will rival BOTW in terms of quality and impact" then yeah that's stretching your ad line just a tad.

400 for a standalone is still a high ask for me atm unfortunately. Hopefully this will change.

I assume you're speaking to your own financial situation wrt the price as that's a ridiculous value considering the supposed quality of the inside out tracking plus the packed in controllers. Oculus has really gotten competitive with their pricing since the initial CV1 price drop.

I'm day one on the Quest, probably my most anticipated gaming type release for the year. Time to go to a park and just wander around for hours hopefully without walking into traffic :p

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
what was their last vr game?
The Well, which was excellent but definitely held back by being specifically for Gear VR. Hope they port it to Quest for some swell 6DoF head movement. https://www.oculus.com/experiences/go/1206152689481565/

Before that, they also made Face Your Fears for Oculus as well, which is a small collection of spooky scenarios. They've done other small VR things as well like the Blade Runner 2049 VR Experience and another thing I can't remember at the moment.

The guys making this game aren't comparing it to Zelda. The writer of this blog post is.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
I would assume this was funded as a launch window title for the Quest and PCVR will be able to crank up the quality. Interested to see it in motion.

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I assume you're speaking to your own financial situation wrt the price as that's a ridiculous value considering the supposed quality of the inside out tracking plus the packed in controllers. Oculus has really gotten competitive with their pricing since the initial CV1 price drop.

I am, my new job pays less ATM. If I get promoted things will be different.

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
I saw Turtle Rock and Zelda in the title and I immediately thought of A Link To The Past.

Oct 30, 2017
I'll be perfectly honest:

I had no idea they were still in business after evolve was such a disaster.

But I like the idea of this title.

(How many hundreds of dollars of day one dlc will it have?)