PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
That other Twisted Metal thread reminded me that Small Brawl existed. It was a cheap spinoff where you play as a child Sweet Tooth and drive RC cars.

The Muppets Babies concept is fun, but you don't see it in games too often. Like, Kidz Bop versions of older games.

I guess you could say the LEGO games are a version of this. Are there any other examples?

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
I was always kinda curious about SD Snatcher.

There are loads of SD Gundam games, too.

ascii42

Oct 25, 2017
There's those like backyard sports games as well aren't those real players as kids?
Yep, literally says that on the box art, actually.
81H4fzqWQ-L._SL1500_.jpg

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Wonderswan had Pocket Fighter, which was like mini street fighter, and Guilty Gear Petit, which was like mini Guilty Gear. Maybe that counts.

Not sure if this is in the spirit of it but there was also Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition, which was a sort of abridged mobile port with more stylized cartoony graphics, and I think it came to Switch, but I don't remember.

DarkLegion

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Not necesarily baby games but Neo Geo Pocket Color had a lot of games that had a cartoony style to fit the hardware

KoF R-2

latest
latest
latest
latest

SNK vs Capcom

5149.gif

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
My first thoughts were SNK's Pocket Fighters and Capcom's Super Gem/Puzzle Fighter.

Oct 27, 2017
Battle Arena Toshinden actually had a kidified version called Battle Arena Nitoshinden (credit to Sean Seanson for putting me on). Similar vibe to VF Kids but apparently it plays completely differently to regular Toshinden with simplified inputs that make it almost like Smash Bros.

Battle%20Arena%20Nitoshinden1.gif

XaosWolf

One Winged Slayer - Powered by Friendship™
Oct 27, 2017
If super deformed styles count then Mortal Kombat Armageddon had a Motor Kombat kart racing mode with chibi versions of the characters.