• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dpanim

Oct 27, 2017
twistedvoxel.com

God of War Ragnarok Pre-load & Review Embargo Date Revealed

The pre-load as well as the review embargo date for the latest entry in the God of War series, God of War Ragnarok, has been revealed.

The pre-load as well as the review embargo date for the latest entry in the God of War series, God of War Ragnarok, has been revealed.

According to the PlayStation Store, the pre-load for God of War Ragnarok is scheduled to go live on November 2, 2022, and the review embargo for the game is expected to end on the same day i.e. a week before its launch on November 9, 2022.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
everyone is spreading this review embargo based on some random tweet saying it is the "expected date" (and likely guessing as such because GoW 2018 had its reviews like a week before launch too), no one likely even got the code yet.

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Weird. We haven't gotten anything yet regarding the review embargo, so I dunno how reliable this is.

everyone is spreading this review embargo based on some random tweet saying it is the "expected date" (and likely guessing as such because GoW 2018 had its reviews like a week before launch too), no one likely even got the code yet.

Exactly. Even with The Last of Us 2, we got the review code like around three weeks before release (same as other publications). So this is a guess at best. Unless they have a review code or they've been given the review pdf already, which I doubt.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Week in advance is confidence, not that there should be any reason to doubt SSM.

Def expecting a low to mid 90s MC like 2018. 90+ on lock

Oct 27, 2017
I think this is just Voxel jumping to conclusions based on the pre-load date, which is real, and the fact that the previous game had an early embargo. It even does the clickbait trick of making a definite statement in the title and then backtracking by saying "expected" in article.

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I think this is just Voxel jumping to conclusions based on the pre-load date, which is real, and the fact that the previous game had an early embargo. It even does the clickbait trick of making a definite statement in the title and then backtracking by saying "expected" in article.

Yep. Non-news aside from pre-load.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
Yeah the source for the embargo date is a tweet from a Twitter Sony fanboy warrior. This site doesn't seem all that reliable.