• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Shrubchicken

User Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Western Michigan
There is one comment that pops up under my name, but it has my dad's address. Outside of my middle name my dad has the same name. The comment does not resemble his writing because there is vocabulary here that I am unsure he knows. We also have not spoken in a long time, and I do not intend to change that over this possible identity theft.

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
I see my name but it's pretty common. Not sure how to see if it's actually my identity.
Edit: I see what they're asking me to do to find out but the site is a little wonky for me.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
My name pops up, but under different addresses, and I KNOW other people have my name, so I don't think they were using my identity. Probably stole someone else's with my name though. Same thing for my husband. My husband, though, I found one from our address, and it's clear he's the one who wrote it, lmao.

Dingens

Circumventing ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Maybe the GOP should demand some voter ID for making comments...
At least in this case, identity theft is real

Arcia

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
There are like about 50 messages apparently made by my Dad, who has an uncommon name. However, he is a techie kind of guy and really cares about this stuff, so I could see him making all of these. Also all of the messages are in SUPPORT of Net Neutrality so this seems to check out.

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017
I love how from all of the name's I've checked, almost all of them make the exact same comment.

look at this horseshit said:
In 2015, Chairman Tom Wheeler’s Federal Communications Commission (FCC) imposed restrictive Title II, utility-style regulations under the guise of an “open internet.” Not only have these regulations inhibited innovation in the internet ecosystem, they hurt taxpayers and consumers by expanding the regulatory reach of the FCC and limiting investment in internet infrastructure. We cannot allow this revolutionary tool to be bogged down with excessive government interference. It is past time for the FCC, an agency that is funded by American taxpayers, to free the internet of burdensome regulations. By rolling back the misguided 2015 regulations we can restore an unrestricted and truly open internet. I thank the Commissioners for considering these comments during the reply period.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Searched my name and came up with a bunch of hits. None have my address so I guess my last name isn't as rare as I thought it was. Still, this is infuriating.

Me as well. My name is there several times, but with different addresses. (Granted, my name isn't that uncommon.)

Fergie

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
England m8.
It's quite amazing how brazen Republicans are getting.

When your base believes whatever you spew out of your mouth it's not surprising. Beholden to their corporate overlords.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not in there.

My dad's name is but it's a pro NN comment. Probably someone with the same name though.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Glad no one used my identity. Filed in favor of net neutrality a bit earlier in the year and I always write in my comments rather than copy/paste a canned response.

Mr X

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia / US
Democratic FCC Commissioner Jessica Rosenworcel said half a million of the fake comments originated from Russian email addresses. She said the issue with the FCC comments calls into question the integrity of the entire public comment process, across the government.

Shocked.

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA

I'd rather not engage in conspiracy theories, but I met a car salesman with an Eastern European accent the other day. And when I asked him where he grew up he told me Brazil. I didn't press him further, but there's no way in hell he grew up there. I told him I worked in medical software and he had all sorts of technical questions about it. He clearly knew a lot about software engineering.

I wondered the entire day why a guy who was obviously from Eastern Europe/Russia claimed to be from Brazil while working as a car salesman in the US when he clearly had ample computer engineering knowledge.

Last edited:

Jakten

Oct 25, 2017
Devil World, Toronto
I love how from all of the name's I've checked, almost all of them make the exact same comment.

I live in Canada but my name brings up about 50 results (It's probably a common name), there is about 4 different comments among them against net neutrality and 8 of them are the same as this one.

Most of the others are this:

Before leaving office, the Obama Administration rammed through a massive scheme that gave the federal government broad regulatory control over the internet. That misguided policy decision is threatening innovation and hurting broadband investment in one of the largest and most important sectors of the U.S. economy. I support the Federal Communications Commission's decision to roll back Title II and allow for free market principles to guide our digital economy.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Phew, I thought they got me for a second there

It turns out I just share a name with some morons.

FunkyMonkey

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i wish someone would punch ajits bowling pin teeth in and piss on him. fuck him fuck trump and fuck the people who either voted for him or abstained

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
Some fuckers used my name to argue against net neutrality. Used my address from over ten years ago. Reported that shit.

Fletcher

Oct 25, 2017
I have a very unique Mexian/Spanish last name. I have found a few people who have submitted comments asking to repeal the act and when searching these people most post mainly in spanish, have nothing political posted, and from Mexico. One is an apparent 12/13 year old boy who posted this:

"In 2015, Chairman Tom Wheeler’s Federal Communications Commission (FCC) imposed restrictive Title II, utility-style regulations under the guise of an “open internet.” Not only have these regulations inhibited innovation in the internet ecosystem, they hurt taxpayers and consumers by expanding the regulatory reach of the FCC and limiting investment in internet infrastructure. We cannot allow this revolutionary tool to be bogged down with excessive government interference. It is past time for the FCC, an agency that is funded by American taxpayers, to free the internet of burdensome regulations. By rolling back the misguided 2015 regulations we can restore an unrestricted and truly open internet. I thank the Commissioners for considering these comments during the reply period."

Sure

SevKnight

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
City of Apples
Yep, I found my name twice and both had the exact same comment. Something something about big government. Never voted Republican nor am I a libertarian so I wouldn't use the term. "big government" yet both comments under my name and address read like some Republican press report.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Hmm, my name is in the list, but it's for a statement I made back in July denouncing Pai and supporting Net Neutrality, and not a fake comment.

Turtleboats

Nov 13, 2017
Did these fools really think they could just steal 2 million identities without thinking they would get caught? The fucking morals these deplorables have...

Nishastra

Oct 27, 2017
My dead uncle has a comment on there, as well as a few dozen people with slightly different names but the same text.

Felt

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
My name was used many times lol, but mine's really common so.... guess who cares.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
This is fucked because not only did it aid (or didn't hurt) the gutting of Net Neutrality, it seems the Russians are still attempting to disillusion us to our whole political process and our current administration is not only helping by corrupting the system but they have no intention of protecting the people of this country or what this country stands for and even when they fail, they still are doing damage that will take years to recover from.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm safe from this. I checked a few of my family members and their names do show up but the addresses on all of them are wrong so it's not really possibly to confirm they are fake.