DJwest

Oct 26, 2017
After months of arduous negotiations between competing promoters and rival champions, the contract for a two-fight deal between Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua to unify the heavyweight titles has finally been signed.

"It's pending, finding a site and a date that's acceptable to both (fighters' camps)," a Top Rank source. "We have 30 days from the signing, or the deal could go away."

www.espn.com

Fury, Joshua sign two-fight deal to unify titles

The contract for a two-fight deal between Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua to unify the heavyweight titles has finally been signed.

Oct 29, 2017
I'm excited for this. If Joshua not try to knock Fury out and utilize his boxing skills, and Fury is motivated, this can be an all time heavyweight bout.

beansontoast

One Winged Slayer
Jan 5, 2020
New reports have been coming out suggesting it's been agreed about once a week for the past year, so it's worth taking this with a pinch of salt

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
So I'm thinking Joshua boxes smart and makes the fight boring, it goes to points, he takes it and people whine about it, the fight sucked, Joshua was scared etc.

Onebadlion

Oct 27, 2017
Not that interested but I haven't cared about the heavy weights in years.

Why bother posting then?

It's about time these guys got a deal done. It has potential to be a really good fight. Don't really care who wins, and I'm not sure who I fancy to win, but I'll happily cough up for the PPV to find out.

Oct 29, 2017
So I'm thinking Joshua boxes smart and makes the fight boring, it goes to points, he takes it and people whine about it, the fight sucked, Joshua was scared etc.
Even if Joshua boxes, he's not guaranteed to beat Fury. Fury is one of the most uniquely skilled heavyweights in history. He would give anyone fits trying to figure him out.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
AJ's gone down a lot in my eyes over the last year or so, he literally became Rocky from the start of Rocky III, but I still hope he knocks this bigot out cold. Twice.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
This is really the only fight to make. And they are probably going to make bank. I think Fury schools him.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
This is the only fight that makes sense and doesn't make both men look like they are ducking the only real competition left.

I think Fury has this, but if Joshua tries to outbox him it could be really good. I wish Fury wasn't so fucking horrible on everything, because he is such a great advocate for mental illness. but, bigots gonna bigot.

Pulling for Joshua hard.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It isn't signed so I'm holding my breath, but if it goes down I am in!

Rhowm

Nov 27, 2017
There are till too many "ifs" in that article for me to get fully excited, but I'll wait and see

Oct 29, 2017
I'm going to have to lean Fury on this fight too. To beat an game Fury, Joshua would have to become Larry Holmes. He's not on that level.

Ocean Bones

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I think Fury inches this one out...but this is damn close to 50/50 as you can get.

I wonder what Wilder is thinking lol. This was supposed to be his fight.