The Deleter

Sep 22, 2019

View: https://twitter.com/MbKKssTBhz5/status/1789529338230059427

Several interesting things about this imo

For one, the suffix at the end apparently correlates to the console it launches on, as apparently previous game releases have had internal codenames with unique suffixes as well:

View: https://x.com/Skipp93653/status/1789542565676528066

In which case the game appears to be in development for a new console, aka the switch 2. Perhaps the name of the switch 2 will start with an O? Or maybe otherwise unrelated like the 3DS, referring to another aspect of the console

Secondly, it seems to be a new version of BotW, going by the codename itself:

View: https://x.com/Skipp93653/status/1789531857429704947

Which raises some questions on how the handling of the Switch's library will turn out overall. A new SKU of the same game is nothing new for the cross-platform generation - however...

Not long before this codename being revealed, the user PapaGenos recently made a tweet about Zelda that made the rounds, and is apparently hinting at a new adventure featuring Zelda as the protagonist:

View: https://twitter.com/GenosPapa/status/1788966540605370802?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1788966540605370802%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

The two aren't necessarily related, and it's moreso a personal observation, but considering the fact that they seem to be reputable enough (Metroid Prime remaster, Donkey Kong vs Mario leaks) to warrant a thread for discussion, and the timing of these two rumors being so close together from two reputable leakers, it might not be that farfetched for the two to be related?

In which case, that feeds into question two, regarding how the game will be handled in a cross-gen sense. Would it be a Bowser's Fury-esque add on? Will the switch version receive it as DLC in the process? Will there be an update for the base game at all if they do end up releasing a separate improved version for the new Nintendo console including supposed additions???

Definitely a lot to speculate from imo...

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Kinopi-o on Wii U.

Now U-King-o....

Botw Remastered launching on Wii U this holiday season. Let's go.

Aadiboy

Nov 4, 2017
I hope that Tears of the Kingdom gets remastered too. I haven't played it yet, and am waiting for the Switch 2 port since I don't want to play it twice.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
The Legend of Zelda: Tears and Breath of the Wild Kingdom Remastered Edition Deluxe for Nintendo Switch 2.

CheapJi

Apr 24, 2018
Hope there is an upgrade path if there is a totk remaster, even though we would probably be lucky if they don't charge 70 bucks for a remaster.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
A remake of a last gen game on a backwards compatible console.

excuse me while I audibly go "meh" here, Nintendo.

OP
OP
The Deleter

The Deleter

Sep 22, 2019
Nintendo Switch-Out

Nintendo Snap-Off

The Omega Nintendo Switch

Nintendo Osprey

4cf4fd80d87c45909b67836f6129ebc7.gif

IceBear

Nov 20, 2017
I think the internet will break if there is no paid upgrade option for current owners. =/

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
I finished BoTW for the first time this year so uhh, not great for me. Maybe I should not play ToTK in case that gets enhanced too huh.

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
In which case, that feeds into question two, regarding how the game will be handled in a cross-gen sense. Would it be a Bowser's Fury-esque add on? Will the switch version receive it as DLC in the process? Will there be an update for the base game at all if they do end up releasing a separate improved version for the new Nintendo console including supposed additions???
I don't like it, but the answers to these questions will be: "Yes, the Zelda thing will be an add-on to this", "There will be no DLC for the Switch", and "Yes, it will be a separate version instead of an update." The Switch wasn't backwards compatible with the Wii U, but those ports of older games with add-ons did teach Nintendo that making these smaller exclusive additions will make many people buy the same games again, so I foresee it being their strategy with the Switch-O as well. These smaller projects are also a safer testing ground for them and an opportunity to train newer devs.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I can picture a TotK remaster with a new Zelda scenario set during the Imprisoning War, in which she fought alongside Rauru and Sonia using her powers... but I wonder what sort of Zelda scenario they could craft for a BotW remaster. Age of Calamity already covered what Zelda did before the Calamity (well, a "golden route" take on it). And in the present, she is trapped in the castle, so...

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Is it unprecedented though? I recall lots of games that throw in the DLC and a few perks and re-release it is as a GoTY edition - at least used to be pretty standard no?
Yeah I was being a bit sarcastic haha, my bad. It happens all the time, but I think the pre-emptive 'omg if you do this Nintendo' is just silly. Let them announce the thing, let them state how they'll go about things, then get mad or don't.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
As much as I loved Breath of the Wild (it's one of my favorite videogames of all time), I don't think I want to replay it, so I'll probably skip this one if it's just an upgraded version.

Mr_F_Snowman

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I was being a bit sarcastic haha, my bad. It happens all the time, but I think the pre-emptive 'omg if you do this Nintendo' is just silly. Let them announce the thing, let them state how they'll go about things, then get mad or don't.

Haha ok I did wonder. It's Nintendo so people will be mad whatever.

Meanwhile the Last Of Us has been "remastered" and resold every generation going lol

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
Well they'll have me day one with BotW again, that's for sure. I cannot resist any Zelda or well anyway first party Nintendo game for that matter (I buy nearly every game they release).

I cannot for the life of me think of a name of any kind that starts with an 'O' that would make sense.

-Online: definitely not
-Omega: lol No
-On or Off: yeah no, get outta town

I got nothing.

mrbogus

Jul 14, 2019
I figured this was coming for the next Switch, but I'll be skipping it, added content or no. I've had quite enough of Breath of the Wild already.

zeta50

Apr 24, 2023
I think the Papagenos hint is a hint for a standalone Zelda (with Zelda) game in the June Direct for this year lineup.

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
Switch 2 will probably be my main console. Yes, I'll be buying all the remasters.

Do wonder if the rumored Zelda game will be its own stand-alone game, or a DLC like situation.

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if a botw remaster would include porting it to totk's engine, for the more advanced physics and such.

Botw's limited toolset is something I really appreciate. People were getting pretty creative with it, and it was fun because you had to think more outside of the box. I think if they added just a couple more items like the octo balloons, it would be really interesting to see what people could come up with now.

Oh! Maybe some monster gut or fruit that acts like the ultrahand glue? Stack two objects, throw the item at it, and it glues together.

I think giving a physical use to ancient parts would be cool as well. The shaft could rotate, the spring works as a spring, screw could also work as something to pin items together.

Last edited:
OP
OP
The Deleter

The Deleter

Sep 22, 2019
Been looking at Famiboards for potential info, turns out someone dropped a hint yesterday that the codename might be Oz, once people realized Muji was likely a placeholder?

wKy27vj.png

In which case people speculating on the legitimacy of that hint seem to be taking the game's codename as potential confirmation

Jan 1, 2024
Midgar
Well they'll have me day one with BotW again, that's for sure. I cannot resist any Zelda or well anyway first party Nintendo game for that matter (I buy nearly every game they release).

I cannot for the life of me think of a name of any kind that starts with an 'O' that would make sense.

-Online: definitely not
-Omega: lol No
-On or Off: yeah no, get outta town

I got nothing.
Omni

Twohearts

Feb 8, 2024
Straya
Been looking at Famiboards for potential info, turns out someone dropped a hint yesterday that the codename might be Oz, once people realized Muji was likely a placeholder?

wKy27vj.png

In which case people speculating on the legitimacy of that hint seem to be taking the game's codename as potential confirmation
obviously wouldn't be the end name but Oz is a really cool code name. Still feel pretty certain about switch attatch or switch up, unless it comes with two screens that connect via bluetooth which then it might be the Switches or Dual Switch or 2Switch or something.
unsure how i feel about BOTW yet again. More than had my fill with two playthroughs and TOTK so I'm just kind of sick of that world and versions of the characters. If nintendo's doing it though they must be pretty certain it would sell good.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
If there really is a BOTW remaster, I want more than just faster load times and higher resolution and framerate. I want new content and some of polish from TOTK to carry over.

Cosmonaut X

Oct 26, 2017
Oz >> The Wizard of Oz >> The Wizard

New Nintendo tie-in movie incoming to promote the launch of the Switch 2!