Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
Between the Gamescom reports last year and this, it seems likely at this point they'll release an updated BotW (and they'll do TotK, too, whether it's at the same time or later).

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
We're starting to see more and more leaks and all I can say is finallyyyy, those sure took a long time to get going.
But I bet this Summer, when 3rd parties will be able to say « will release on Next Swtch » we will get even more of those, especially looking at Ubisoft lmao.

Oct 26, 2017
Nintendo Switch-Out

Nintendo Snap-Off

The Omega Nintendo Switch

Nintendo Osprey

4cf4fd80d87c45909b67836f6129ebc7.gif
It'll have issues with crashing?

Oct 30, 2017
Makes sense. Include the DLC (plus a way to get the Amiibo stuff without Amiibo), 60 fps, and bam, you can sell it for $70.

I wouldn't touch it since after 100+ hours on BotW and 200+ on TotK I'm totally burned out of the formula, but it would sell millions.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
My question is how midori would know one way or the other, she is a Sega leaker. I doubt she has any real info on the nintendo pipeline.

My only guess is that the BOTW tech demo they did to show off the console at events was given that codename and that filtered to her, otherwise I'd be hard pressed to believe anything from her that isn't about Sega.

If that is the case then we have no idea whether or not this is even a retail project or just a codename they used for the tech demo

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
My question is how midori would know one way or the other, she is a Sega leaker. I doubt she has any real info on the nintendo pipeline.
Everyone in the industry knows people who know people. I've heard so much secondhand stuff that came true, it absolutely wouldn't shock me if Midori just had a trustworthy source who knew secondhand. Ultimately Midori's leaks have been (afaik) extremely on point, so I would personally trust them until they have a pattern of incorrect leaks.

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
If it's an enhanced port for the next system, it better have an upgrade path for existing users.

cdm00

The Fallen
Dec 5, 2018
Midori is playing with blue fire with Nintendo leaks

BOTW remaster isn't the most surprising thing in the world maybe that Gamescom 2023 loading demo is now planned to become a real product

DogNut327

Aug 10, 2020
Hm maybe BOTW enhanced for the Switch 2 with a Zelda focused expansion? Also my first thought was O=Orin

LegendofLex

Nov 20, 2017
I could see the "O" standing for "overclock," if they're looking at this thing as primarily a more powerful Switch.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Most of Nintendo's first party games already run at their best outside of being sub-native resolution. BOTW/TOTK are exceptions with low res/framerate/long loading etc., so I'm not surprised if they end up being games that get the remaster treatment instead. Here's hoping there's a good offer in it for people who already own the games.

Lexxism

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I haven't played BOTW yet. If there's really an enhanced port or remaster for Switch, I'll probably play this game for real.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the thread title is worded backwards. Sounds like someone or some outlet named U-king-o knows of this codename, Midori.

Ayumu

May 10, 2024
I have bought and sold twice Breast of the Wild according to my opportunities, so I would be down for a remaster/enhanced versions at 60 fps and higher resolutions.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
If you think this was Nintendo's idea, I've got bad news for you about what their competitors have been up to.
You know what, you and the others that commented this are right. This totally makes me not go "meh" anymore, there are other companies that did it too, it's now super interesting and totally not meh to me anymore. Take my 70 Euro, Nintendo, take it now!

Oct 27, 2017
A remake of a last gen game on a backwards compatible console.

excuse me while I audibly go "meh" here, Nintendo.
Are we in a world where we're pretending the Last of Us 2 remaster on the PS5 doesn't exist?

You know what, you and the others that commented this are right. This totally makes me not go "meh" anymore, there are other companies that did it too, it's now super interesting and totally not meh to me anymore. Take my 70 Euro, Nintendo, take it now!

No one's forcing you to rebuy the game again. Also a remaster doesn't mean there's no upgrade path

Bran

Oct 25, 2017
The "Deluxe" full-priced port model on a backwards compatible system better come with upgrade paths for existing owners. Wii U owners were already asked to repurchase so many games as expanded Switch ports.

Also, the idea that they suddenly went after all those emulators because they're planning to sell you on performance enhancements... 🤢

Last edited:

RPG_Fanatic

Oct 25, 2017
My favourite part of the new hardware generation cycle. The part where the announcement is close enough for leaks like this or what we got in the other Hardware leak thread to appear to fuel out of control speculation/expectations from everyone.

Thinking about it now after reading some replies, there is more then just the enhanced performance they could add to an enhanced port like this. As someone else already said, they could include the DLC, add the Amiibo weapons/armor in the game itself, maybe add the ability to buy back the unique armor/weapons like in TotK.

With just a codename to go off of, I'm going to take the wait and see approach to this. I also hope that with Nintendo now having a proper account system, there might be some kind of upgrade system for people who already bought the game and are thinking of double dipping.

Justin Bailey

BackOnline
Oct 28, 2017
A 60 FPS BotW is glorious- but I don't know if I would get it after playing TotK. I'd rather have a remaster of that.

Ailanthium

Shinra Employee
Oct 27, 2017
I'll be a little upset if this comes out before the Wii U LoZ remasters, but I could see a remaster fixing some performance issues and cleaning up some of BotW's rough edges, so it's not the worst thing in the world (assuming Switch 2 IS backwards compatible...)

Oct 27, 2017
It doesn't mean there isn't one, but Nintendos current preference is clear based on how they ported the vast majority of the Wii U library.
Nothing about the Wii U to Switch can be extrapolated for Switch to Switch 2. Come on. Switch wasn't BC with the Wii U, Switch launched less than 5 years after the Wii U, Wii U bombed hard, etc. It's a completely different situation

hyouko

Oct 27, 2017
O might also stand for "Odin," which is supposedly nVidia's codename for the hardware /chipset:

famiboards.com

Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST| (Read the staff posts before commenting!)

Regarding MicroSDs... if I'll use my 512GB SanDisk microSD (not the Extreme model) on Switch 2 will the games load slower or impact performance? Compared to internal storage, yes, it's reasonable to believe that it would be much slower than the new internal storage. However, the improved...

faint

Oct 27, 2017
There was discussion on Fami about the codename being Ounce or "OZ" as it's two letters after N and X, respectively, and there was someone that hinted the codename was found in materials and then someone found a file type named ounce. Pure speculation but it fits the pattern.

Supreme Leader Galahad

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
If ToTk comes back its a remaster with maybe no loading entering shrines and a new questline or smt, Nintendo probably feels that it can just rerelease the game without adding much since there's already so much content in the game.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't Midori primarily a Sega leaker? You should probably be wary when someone who's track record is entirely centered around one company starts talking about another. They may have gotten a new source, but no real way to judge if this source is good just because they had a completely different source that was good once before

That said, this is also a nothing rumor, it might as well say "Nintendo is making a game", there's no reason to read into it and no guarantee a codename will be remotely relevant to the actual project. If I was making a project and wanted to prevent leaks, I'd probably use a codename that was completely unrelated to the project itself