Supreme Leader Galahad

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
It's not unlikely, but I'd be disappointed if there wasn't any new content. The gameplay differences between the games is interesting to me, and I want to play it again, but the fact totk just has so much more content keeps me from another playthrough.

I don't want to explore without all the caves and new locations. It's basically the same map with less in it... Even for someone who has only played totk, I feel like that might be kind of underwhelming.
I know, im just thinking what we should expect from Nintendo in relation to Zelda at launch day

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
Remasters don't hold back the development of new games.

Doesn't change that it's some uninteresting nonsense, like Nintendo's version of TLoUP1 or *vomits* Horizon Zero Dawn Remastered. Shit is like a parody of itself at this point. 30m people or however many played BotW. Everyone who wanted to play that game has already done so and has the capability to do so on their next console.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
You and others like you should have gotten an upgrade option. But at least they have a excuse there since BotW released for Wii U and Switch simultaneously. But imo, that's not a valid excuse. It should be crossbuy.
I just don't think there's an elegant way to have done that for physical buyers which during the Wii U era was the vast majority of Nintendo players. So although a digital upgrade path would've been nice it also would have upset the majority of Wii U owners, which just doesn't seem worth the effort. Much easier to treat everyone the same and call it a day.

LegendofLex

Nov 20, 2017
I don't want to spend another second in BotW's Hyrule. Reusing that map a third time, or literally reselling those two games that I already own, is the definition of uninteresting to me.
I'll go one step further and say the next game needs to not be set in Hyrule at all. I don't need to see the 7th iteration of the same locations from every game since A Link to the Past.

JTSilver

Games Actor
Verified
Sep 1, 2019
I'll go one step further and say the next game needs to not be set in Hyrule at all. I don't need to see the 7th iteration of the same locations from every game since A Link to the Past.

I would agree except that with development times these days, I don't want to wait 12-14 years before returning to Hyrule. I'd say that a non-Hyrule locale would be perfect for a spin-off or 2D entry though.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't change that it's some uninteresting nonsense, like Nintendo's version of TLoUP1 or *vomits* Horizon Zero Dawn Remastered. Shit is like a parody of itself at this point. 30m people or however many played BotW. Everyone who wanted to play that game has already done so and has the capability to do so on their next console.
I think you're missing the point

Atom

Jul 25, 2021

Best Zelda was that run of like...Links Awakening, Ocarina, Majora, Oracle games, Wind Waker in 5 years or whatever it was. Yeah you got a bombastic Hyrule revisit with Ocarina, but the other 5 games were all their own distinct worlds and it was and amazing breadth of creativity.

That shit is never happening again. We'll get water world forest world mountain world desert world ganon. Shit sucks.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
You don't have to buy it.

faint

Oct 27, 2017
Remasters don't hold back the development of new games.
This. In fact, they probably speed up new games by helping train devs on new hardware. This enhanced BotW was already running in some fashion last Gamescom, so the training exercise is likely complete.

People are almost always talking about first-party developers in this context too, which we can assume are getting access to devkits a good chunk of time before 3P. There was that rumor back around 2020(?) of Nintendo telling their partners to prepare for games for 4K output, so if we assume the Switch Pro was planned and then cancelled, a first-party studio creating a remaster or a build on the current gen and next gen hardware is not at all difficult to believe.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
Nin-Tendi-Ooooh!

yugioh-yugioh-duel-monsters.gif

Nintendo going back and putting all the TotK caves into BotW!

Or maybe...

1*NgvUckp4l2me145vlofY1g.jpeg

...what if you could?

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Next game needs a Gerudo Link who was destined to become Ganondorf or some twist like that. And he actually talks, voice and everything.

AzVal

May 7, 2018
Old Zeldas remasters..more like fU-cKing-nO amirite?.....

bad jokes aside how feasible is a remaster of either Zelda, do we know what the possible teams undertaking such work are doing?

Samemind

Oct 25, 2017
What if they leverage the faster loading time and give us the bunny hood to travel BotW at lightning speeds.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
bad jokes aside how feasible is a remaster of either Zelda, do we know what the possible teams undertaking such work are doing?
We only have the old rumor from Gamescom 2023 which talked about a demo of an improved version of BOTW being shown off to developers (same rumor that talked about The Matrix demo being on the system) that talked about

-Targeting the Switch 2 specs
-Game shown running at 4k/60
-Load times were minimalized/erased

Nintendo could just re-release the game on the Switch 2 with a new box and label it as 'Complete Edition' have the Expansion Pass as included with the cart and include a new side story/mode (Zelda side-story) as something new. Then give users with the original Switch cart an upgrade path for like $10-20 to access the new story/mode in it, like what happened with how Sony handled a few of their upgrade path games.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
THIS is what I've been saying. Designing a "new world" but it's just the same Hyrule tropes would be so bizarre to me.