• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
I don't know why in the fuck he felt the need to say this shit.

Nobody can support allowing abortions for rape victims if we're all the product of rape.

khks29hulgc31.jpg

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
I suppose on a very basic, factual level he might be somewhat right.

But still, go fuck yourself Steve King.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Well that's a take.

Because nobody has ever, ever gotten horny and had consensual sex.

There's a lot of things we did in our most animal moments that shouldn't be done in civilization you demented old freak.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
So... his big epiphany is that someone in his family tree, throughout all of human history with countless military occupations and societal changes, someone might be a product of rape or incest...

And so he then chooses to use this as a defense of rape or incest?

This is like driving down a highway through an open field, and still managing to crash into a lone 3 foot stretch of brick wall standing off to the side of the road.

Twenty7kvn

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Like he's not wrong in theory, I think a majority of sex throughout human history has probably been rape. Women have been treated as objects for a long, long time.

He's obviously a cunt trying to make a bad faith appeal to nature, though.
Do not try to rationalize this dude, this isn't a hill you want to die on.

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
well, adam and eve were the only two humans, so you know their kids had to be clapping cheeks with each other.

so theoretically, we are all incest babies

SpitztheGreat

May 16, 2019
And you know what...maybe a handful of votes will be changed by this statement. He will temporarily see a 2 point decline in his approval rating among his constituents, and it won't be a deciding factor in his reelection bid. Republicans are deplorable, and 40%+ of the electorate will vote for them no matter what.

Omegasquash

Oct 31, 2017
I suppose on a very basic, factual level he might be somewhat right.

But still, go fuck yourself Steve King.

On a basic, factual level we wouldn't be here without a number of atrocities. It's just terrible people like Steve King that are OK with barbarism, rape, and old fashioned systematic oppression.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, he's probably not 100% wrong, a lot of people could probably trace their ancestry back to someone getting raped, but uhm, not sure why you'd mention that as some sort of triumph.

mikeys_legendary

The Fallen
Sep 26, 2018
I mean, I guess there's an argument for incest...tens of thousands of years ago.

But literally anything sooner than that...what the actual fuck?

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You know that "and yet you live in society" comic? He's taken it to it' corrupt conclusion that, because he's the descendant of a history of rape and murder, therefore rape and murder is good.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
The issue here isn't the accuracy of his statement so much as using it as a justification for how society functions in 2019.

It's like saying because there was a positive side effect to the genocide of Native Americans, that genocide is okay in 2019 because something good might come from it.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
I once read an article based on genetic research that early human went through a bottleneck period of only a 1000 humans that populated the world (although it may be discredited since the time we moved out of Africa is continuously revised). At that point some incest may have been likely to ensure continuation.

There's absolutely no single reason whatsoever that rape would ever have been necessary however, and I would say only a misogynist would think this.

Edit: and what is said above of course, even if that first thing were true it's completely meaningless now.

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
Because bad things have happened in the past...
We must allow bad things to continue to happen?

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Everyone's history probably has some incident of sexual violence somewhere down the line but what kind of sentient shitstain would use that as justification for denying rape victims a right to abortion jesus fucking christ

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If my dad and mom weren't also my sisters and brother then I wouldnt have been able to cheer on my alabama crimson tide while they won even more championships

Roll Tide

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
It's very frustrating living in Iowa and being unable to vote this guy out of office because i don't live in his district.