• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
Nothing of value was lost, but I hope this is a one off with Ubi and not an indicator of Sony's compatibility list being incomplete.

Time will tell, but it's likely this is just Ubi being Ubi.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Only game there I'll potentially miss is Syndicate, as I really enjoyed it, but considering I've needed 1 easy trophy for the Platinum for years (kick people off trains), I probably wasn't going to ever replay it. Wonder why it's that mainline AC specifically too.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
This is an absolute mess.

My big concern--Sony is selling one of these games saying it is compatible with the PS5, but with errors. We don't know what those errors are (which isn't great), but we also don't know why Sony says it works and Ubisoft does not?

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I contact Ubisoft support, and they confirmed that the section/list of games is unfortunately accurate, according to their information. During the chat, the section went back "live."

Rumor: more games with the "unexpected behaviour" or "errors" in the psn store

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
I posted this in the Playstation Studios OT, but I guess it makes more sense here now.

I was curious to see how many other games this might apply to, and if you do a Google site search on the Playstation store for that specific wording around 'unexpected behaviour or errors', you currently get around 100 games:

Project CARS
DOOM Eternal
Zero Escape: The Nonary Games
Call of Duty®: Black Ops 4
Call of Duty®: Infinite Warfare
The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season
Batman: Return to Arkham
The Surge
Assetto Corsa
Sea of Solitude
Ghostbuster: The Video Game Remastered
Tropico 6 El Prez Edition
Mafia III
Mafia III: Definitive Edition
Mafia: Trilogy
EA SPORTS NHL 19
Werewolves Within
Dungeon Rushers
Need for Speed
Need for Speed™ Ultimate Bundle
Darius Cozmic Collection Arcade
SMITE
Metal Slug Anthology
EVE: Valkyrie
DOOM VFR
Dead Island Definitive Collection
Assassin's Creed® Chronicles: Russia
Assassin's Creed® Syndicate
Assassin's Creed® Syndicate Gold Edition
Assassin's Creed Chronicles – Trilogy
Star Trek™: Bridge Crew
Roundabout
Sleeping Dogs
NBA 2K19
NBA 2K19 + NBA 2K Playgrounds 2 Bundle
NBA 2K20
Valhalla Hills - Definitive Editiuons
SENRAN KAGURA Peach Beach Splash
SENRAN KAGURA Burst Re:Newal
SENRAN KAGURA Burst Re:Newal Shinobi Rivals Edition
SENRAN KAGURA ESTIVAL VERSUS
MLB® The Show™ 19
MLB The Show™ 18
MLB® The Show™ 17 All Star Edition
MLB® The Show 16™
Paddle Vs Paddle
Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris
Dino Frontier
The Surge
Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and The Lion King
Manhunt
EA Family Bundle
DYNASTY WARRIORS 8 Empires
DYNASTY WARRIORS 8: Xtreme Legends Complete Edition
Realm Royale Founder's Pack
Realm Royale Bass Drop Bundle
Realm Royale Cute But Deadly Pack
GRIP Digital Deluxe
Super Kids Racing
Pinball Arcade
The Escapists + The Escapists 2
Pure Pool
Pure Pool Snooker Bundle
The Pure Bundle
Pure Hold'em World Poker Championship
Assassin's Creed® Syndicate
Tooth and Nail
Wired Horror Bundle
Wired Italian Adventure Bundle
Deliver Us The Moon Digital Deluxe
Shuttle Commander
Tennis World Tour
Tennis World Tour Legends Edition
Pure Hold'em World Poker Championship
OKAGE: Shadow King
Crossout
Eagle Flight and Werewolves Within PSVR Bundle
Everybody's Golf
Feral Fury
LittleBigPlanet 3
Saint Seiya Soldiers' Soul
Battlezone Gold Edition
WRC 8 FIA World Rally Championship
WRC 8 Deluxe Edition FIA World Rally Championship
RIGS Mechanized Combat League
Super Stardust™ Ultra
Doki-Doki Universe™
Dead Nation™ Apocalypse Edition
APB Reloaded
KickBeat Special Edition
Entwined™
The Warriors
True Fear: Forsaken Souls - Part 2
Super Stardust™ Ultra
Super Stardust™ Ultra VR
The Golf Club 2019 featuring PGA TOUR
Ape Escape 2
Crossout
Active Soccer 2 DX
Frisky Business
Clan N
Let's Sing 2018
Until Dawn: Rush of Blood
Rockstar Games PS2™ Classics Bundle
How to Survive: Storm Warning Edition
Close to the Sun
Operation Warcade
A Summer with the Shiba Inu
NOBUNAGA'S AMBITION: Sphere of Influence
Anomaly 2
Space Junkies
GRIP

Some notable names in there, but without knowing what 'unexpected behaviour' or 'errors' we're talking about, it's hard to know how deeply individual games might be affected. Viewing it optimistically, some of these smell like possibly online service issues (e.g. the older MLB/NBA games). A number of VR games are in there too.

Godzilla24

Nov 12, 2017
The messaging on BC has been so confusing. So is the unplayable list plan to be updated over time or what?

Deleted member 9857

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
this is all very weird, especially since as someone has pointed out Ubisoft doesn't list their Xbox One games that won't be compatible

then they go and remove the section only to put it back up less than an hour later?

Kalem

May 23, 2019
That definitely seems like the issue. I mean no one expects anyone to play through all of these games to confirm they work in their entirety but hopefully games listed as "Bootable" don't just boot to the title screen and then break lol.

500K hours among 3000-ish games (including the BC 360 and OG Xbox games) is around 150 hours per game.

WishIwasAwolf

Banned
Oct 24, 2020
those are already known to be incompatible. Most of these games today are on Sony's compatible list (though with a state of BOOTABLE which just means it can get to menu at minimum)

According to Ubisoft they ARE compatible. Using the logic in this thread; who should you believe on that? MS has to test a lot of games so it's easy for them to slip up, whereas Ubisoft only needs to test their own games. Which means that the Ubisoft Kinect games are compatible!

This is a megaton, probably MS will soon have a webpage up, allowing people to enter the Kinect serial number and receive a free Kinect adapter.

catboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i hope this isn't true... my ps4 pro is really loud and i'd rather not have to keep it

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I posted this in the Playstation Studios OT, but I guess it makes more sense here now.

I was curious to see how many other games this might apply to, and if you do a Google site search on the Playstation store for that specific wording around 'unexpected behaviour or errors', you currently get around 100 games:

Some notable names in there, but without knowing what 'unexpected behaviour' or 'errors' we're talking about, it's hard to know how deeply individual games might be affected. Viewing it optimistically, some of these smell like possibly online service issues (e.g. the older MLB/NBA games). A number of VR games are in there too.
Alright, now this list is a real problem.

Godzilla24

Nov 12, 2017

500K hours among 3000-ish games (including the BC 360 and OG Xbox games) is around 150 hours per game.

I'm wondering if Sony only tested to see if PS4 games are bootable but I wonder if they tested it for playability. Ubisoft seems to have tested the playability aspect of some games more thoroughly.

Oct 28, 2017
Weirder to me that Sony left those off their list. So either 1) it was deliberate in an effort to counter Microsoft's BC policies or 2) they didn't really test everything.

I can't for the life of me understand why this is even a problem that exists. The PS4 was a massive success - why would they not take this into account when building another platform?

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK

This is worrying.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
So that list of non-working games was actually a first draft. And its already expanding...
non working =/= playable with errors though

This is the new 'concern' I guess lol. The unexpected behaviour and errors could be minors or majors, hopefully they'll expand on those. Luckily I have none of the games on the list :P

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
If some of these game are exhibiting errors, they sure as hell better rethink their refund policy.

Rick44-4

Oct 8, 2020
According to Ubisoft they ARE compatible. Using the logic in this thread; who should you believe on that? MS has to test a lot of games so it's easy for them to slip up, whereas Ubisoft only needs to test their own games. Which means that the Ubisoft Kinect games are compatible!

This is a megaton, probably MS will soon have a webpage up, allowing people to enter the Kinect serial number and receive a free Kinect adapter.
Yeah, they already said Kinect games don't work lmao.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
What does bootable even mean vs compatible? You'd expect the former to mean it works.

Think of it in terms of the language used in the emulation scene; While they're developing and testing titles in an emulator, a game that "boots" means it's accepted by the emulator, but doesn't even necessarily guarantee it gets to/past the title screen. It's sort of like when you're working on computer hardware, you can "boot" to the point of being able to get to the post screen, but it won't necessarily continue to the OS on an HDD. It can ALSO mean it boots then works fine, but presumably "compatible" is what indicates that.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I've thought it that Microsoft was leaning just a bit too hard into backwards compatibility when promoting the Series twins but seeing Sony consistently fumble the messaging around it and dealing with all of the uncertainly surrounding it sure does make me appreciate Microsoft's handling of it.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
My question with the API calls is why did they not have a separate section for compatible and bootable? Why only list the games that didn't boot at all as incompatible? I mean I know why, good PR in the short term, but if there's a tangible difference like the API calls and Ubisoft seem to think, that's only good until it launches.

If games as big as Syndicate don't work, that's definitely concerning. Either way though, as long as Sleeping Dogs, Nier Automata, dark souls 2/3 and a few other games work I'll be happy

Ambient

Dec 23, 2017

Also notable how none of the games in the Plus Collection are on the list so they must know those are rock solid.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
Pulling the list and putting it back means that Ubisoft reconfirmed the incompatibility. I guess Ubisoft got bombarded with tweets and emails about how they were wrong, and they rechecked, to make sure the games really aren't compatible.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
All we need is for the BC embargo (if there is one? I assume there is) to end. Hopefully that's the 6th which I keep seeing around. Then we will have answers.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
this is all very weird, especially since as someone has pointed out Ubisoft doesn't list their Xbox One games that won't be compatible

then they go and remove the section only to put it back up less than an hour later?
It's not weird, they specifically say in the same paragraph that all Xbox games are compatible.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
I'm wondering if Sony only tested to see if PS4 games are bootable but I wonder if they tested it for playability. Ubisoft seems to have tested the playability aspect of some games more thoroughly.
They must have tested for playability or they wouldn't be able to differentiate between bootable and compatible.

Oct 27, 2017
DF is a small team. There are thousands of games. It really looks like early adopters will have to be the guinea pigs in testing for compatibility and report any game issues bugs or problems resulting from compatibility.
They really only need to test a handful and the games listed here to get an idea of what "may exhibit errors" actually means.

shodgson8

Aug 22, 2018

tumblr_p67h27fTg71vj8ggto1_540.gifv

Very much doubt there will be any Kinect support.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
DF is a small team. There are thousands of games. It really looks like early adopters will have to be the guinea pigs in testing for compatibility and report any game issues bugs or problems resulting from compatibility.
I meant they could test some of those games on the list to see if they are compatible.

Sony said they'd continue updating BC so I wouldn't be surprised to see some games having glitches

Azaan60

Mar 18, 2020
Assassin's Creed Syndicate

Sleeping Dogs

Batman Return To Arkham

Star Ocean: Till The End of Time

The Surge

Zero Escape

Little Big Planet 3

Assetto Corsa

These are some of the games I could find that show that error message in their compatibility description on the PS Store.

Is their something about BC Sony isn't telling us? What exactly are the "errors"? I really wish they would clear this up.