• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheBiInBilingual

THE STORE ENSURED ME THERE WOULDN'T BE FILM
Feb 22, 2018
Fuck Ubisoft.

Will keep on buying their games used as I have been doing for the past two years.

CubeApple76

Jan 20, 2021
Y tho? What is it like 10 GB? I can't imagine storing that on a server for owners to download can honestly cost that much

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Should be illegal, honestly. Fingers crossed it can be legislated somewhere - seems like the sort of thing EU courts would fight if it even was brought in front of them.

The fact Ubisoft is so goddamn cheap that they'd rather shutter the whole thing than just assign a team to remove their own DRM and let people play a decade-old port of a mid-tier spin-off in peace... like, I won't even say it's surprising, but it's so damn dumb.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
This has the series first female playable character too right? Sucks.

Or am I thinking of Chronicles.

Fire Bocchi

Oct 25, 2017
from what i understand of ubisoft games on steam, you need to connect them to your ubisoft account, ,unless someone can find any suggesting otherwise, you will still be able to play the game through the ubsoft connect launcher

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The problem with online DRM has never been whether or not the player is connected to the internet. It's whether or not the authentication server is online. Once a game is no longer selling, the publisher won't want to pay to patch their game to remove the DRM, so the game will inevitably die when the server tech gets too old to easily maintain.

At least many games like this can be cracked. Pirates saving the day again.

Bonfires Down

Nov 2, 2017
They could fix this by offering the owners a copy of AC3 Remastered which includes AC Liberation Remastered. But it definitely sets an uncomfortable precedent either way.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
Banned
Jul 14, 2018
Great move by Ubisoft, now delist the rest of them and we're all good 🙏

Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully the console version included with 3 is safe. It's still saying it comes with 3 on Nintendo's site:

www.nintendo.com

Assassin's Creed® III: Remastered for Nintendo Switch - Nintendo Official Site

Buy Assassin's Creed® III: Remastered and shop other great Nintendo products online at the official My Nintendo Store.

They could fix this by offering the owners a copy of AC3 Remastered which includes AC Liberation Remastered. But it definitely sets an uncomfortable precedent either way.

Wait, was this 2-pack only on Switch and separate on other platforms?

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Can't you patch the game on PC somehow to make it offline indefinitely? Or is it tied to the client to wher modding isn't possible?

Kinda odd this is a sure thing on PC when you can mod games.

Kits also very weird how they are partnering with Sony on the Playstation plus stuff yet game games being delisted soon. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Sony should reconsider the partnership.

Fire Bocchi

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully the console version included with 3 is safe. It's still saying it comes with 3 on Nintendo's site:

www.nintendo.com

Assassin's Creed® III: Remastered for Nintendo Switch - Nintendo Official Site

Buy Assassin's Creed® III: Remastered and shop other great Nintendo products online at the official My Nintendo Store.

Wait, was this 2-pack only on Switch and separate on other platforms?
no, liberation got a release on ps3,360 and pc in 2014, it was then rereleased on ps4/xbox one/switch and pc in 2019 as part of the ac3 remaster
the one in the op is the first pc release

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Wait, so the original liberation is being delisted - not the remastered one?

How do you access the new one then - is it through III Remastered?

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Ubisoft is officially the worst PC publisher

Hopefully some fan will patch it to work

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
They already did it with AC2 Deluxe Edition meaning if you paid for it to get the dlc it's now completely gone. They need to get fucked with this, free shit is one thing but paid content gtfo.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017

They could fix all issues with DLCs too, but they don't want to bother. They didn't even try to fix things and that is obvious because after announcement of shutting down things studio that made Anno 2070 posted on their web page that they will try to save Anno 2070 on they own.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Umm wtf? Like if they don't want to sell it that's one thing, but how the fuck can a person that bought it not get to access it? How is that not illegal?

sbenji

Jul 25, 2019
I would not be too worried about this. The backlash from both consumers and the potential to upset both eu, us, and uk regulatory bodies will reverse this course.

Noumena

Jan 20, 2019
Thank god I don't care about Ubisoft. Everything they do is pretty bad/generic in my opinion.

Last edited:

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
Probably because it authenticates with the servers they're shutting down soon that will also make single-player DLC unplayable because they also need to authenticate with that garbage.

Fuck Ubisoft.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
This is insane. It bad enough when it was just DLCs but now full games purchased on Steam will be made unplayable? This can't be allowed to become precedent.

Oct 27, 2017
Hence why I'm so gung-ho on physicals. I bought both Pure and Split Second on PC during a sale Amazon had eons ago. Just a crazy ordeal that I have had this year that solidified my stance on this.

I got the urge to play Split Second on PC. I bought the games many moons ago on Amazon. I have the 360 versions as well.

20220710-205422.jpg

but I read that there was a 60fps patch for PC released a few years ago that I wanted to try for Split Second.

The problem was that this game needs to contact securom servers to authenticate. They no longer exist so unless you have the game installed before the servers went offline, you are SOL forever.

I reached out to Disney, sending these as proof of purchase, asking if there was a remedy for both this and Pure on PC.

Screenshot-2022-07-10-204448.png

Screenshot-2022-07-10-204622.png

Was told in a nice, corporate way to kick rocks. See below

1645462884474454-0.png

There is a no-CD exe of both games out there but the problem for split second specifically is that it is for version 1.0 and while I can download Spilt Second from Amazon still, it is version 1.x. I said fuck it, went to hit up some torrent sites, found the game, downloaded it, finally got it working. Next day, wake up with a DMCA notice in my email from Comcast.

1645462881844750-1.png

I got knocked for pirating a game I fucking own. However, if that way didn't exist, it'd be a game lost to time.

Note the dates, The House of Mouse moves fast. This should never happen though. Locking down a game that is only playable through pirated means shows that Disney should have planned better.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Hence why I'm so gung-ho on physicals. I bought both Pure and Split Second on PC during a sale Amazon had eons ago. Just a crazy ordeal that I have had this year that solidified my stance on this.

I got the urge to play Split Second on PC. I bought the games many moons ago on Amazon. I have the 360 versions as well.

20220710-205422.jpg

but I read that there was a 60fps patch for PC released a few years ago that I wanted to try for Split Second.

The problem was that this game needs to contact securom servers to authenticate. They no longer exist so unless you have the game installed before the servers went offline, you are SOL forever.

I reached out to Disney, sending these as proof of purchase, asking if there was a remedy for both this and Pure on PC.

Screenshot-2022-07-10-204448.png

Screenshot-2022-07-10-204622.png

Was told in a nice, corporate way to kick rocks. See below

1645462884474454-0.png

There is a no-CD exe of both games out there but the problem for split second specifically is that it is for version 1.0 and while I can download Spilt Second from Amazon still, it is version 1.x. I said fuck it, went to hit up some torrent sites, found the game, downloaded it, finally got it working. Next day, wake up with a DMCA notice in my email from Comcast.

1645462881844750-1.png

I got knocked for pirating a game I fucking own. However, if that way didn't exist, it'd be a game lost to time.

Note the dates, The House of Mouse moves fast. This should never happen though. Locking down a game that is only playable through pirated means shows that Disney should have planned better.

Split/Second is at Steam, port has issues (like 30fps cap) but it's totally playable

store.steampowered.com

Split/Second on Steam

Split/Second is an intense action racing game set within a reality TV show. Competitors vie to be the first to the finish line in a set rigged to blow. Players don’t just collide with other vehicles to knock them from the track, but can also trigger devastating events that alter the race dynamics.

Plus Ubisoft is shutting down login to their servers, so it also affects physical copies

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
What I don't understand is why on Ubisoft's website it only says that installation of DLC and online features are being disabled.

jte46gR.png

It does not say that you won't be able to access the game itself anymore. So what the fuck is going on?

Fuck Ubisoft either way btw.