Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My dream AC setting has always been PTR-Colombian Central or South America. Be it Aztec, Olmec, Inca, Maya, whatever. Such truly fantastical settings.

Man you guys are still harping about Japan? What a played out location across all of gaming. Boring boring boring.
💯

cvbas

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I'm still salty that they made a game about ancient Egypt and Greece, but skipped Rome, ffs.
I still think it might be the next game in the franchise. There were some pretty strong rumours it was coming after Odyssey, maybe it got internally delayed and Valhalla pushed forward.

Really hope it's the case, as Imperial Rome interests me a lot and I find Vikings to be completely boring.

Galava

â–² Legend â–²
Oct 27, 2017
maxresdefault.jpg
I know this exists, bit when it comes to mainline they just refuse

FondsNL

Oct 29, 2017
I'd be down for some Mesopotamian AC.
Taking a stroll through the Gardens of Babylon and all that.

Hanging_Gardens_of_Babylon.jpg

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Man you guys are still harping about Japan? What a played out location across all of gaming. Boring boring boring.

but we need our 198493874th game about japan and samurais and stuff! if brazilians, africans and polynesians want a game on their regions so much they can just fund and create their own AAA studios break out in the industry and do it themselves!

DexMckinzie96

Banned
Jul 6, 2020
I'm still salty that they made a game about ancient Egypt and Greece, but skipped Rome, ffs.

Assassins Creed have not made a game about Ancient Rome which would include things like Julius Caesar but they made made multiple games in Italy with Assassins creed 2 and Brotherhood. Assassins creed brotherhood took place in Rome. I know that there is a difference between Ancient Rome and Renaissance Rome but I am OK with if they decide to not have next game or two set in Italy

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I highly doubt they'll ever do China because of censorship there. I doubt the ccp would allow the sale of a game where you kill diplomats or advance a new regime.

Jun 17, 2018
Sounds like a lovely setting. At this point though, I feel like they need to shake up the formula a bit. Origins, Odyssey and Valhalla are all good games but that bloat needs to be removed.

I'd much rather they cut down the story by 20 hours and make side quests and other world events more interesting. Valhalla at over 50 hours for just the main story is excessive.

Blackthorn

Oct 26, 2017
London
I much prefer when they go to unusual settings. I would have never guessed Ptolemaic Egypt or Viking England but I'm glad they chose them, as it spurred me to learn about periods and places I wouldn't otherwise.

ManOfWar

Jan 6, 2020
Brazil
Will be something like Assassin's Creed 2, Brazil was a Portuguese colony and in 18th century (1808), the royal Portuguese family was escaped from Napoleonic wars and set an empire in Brazil. They transform Rio de Janeiro in a metropolis like Lisbon.

a-vinda-da-corte-portuguesa-para-o-brasil-conheca-os-motivos-e-as-consequencias.jpg
rio_de_janeiro_seculo_19_capa_widelg.jpg

In 1822, the royal family was back to Portugal, but his older son, Pedro, stay in Brazil and he has declared an independency of Brazil. In his reign, many conflicts were occurred and he resign and back to Portugal.

dom-pedro.jpg

MuseuJulio11.jpg

Your son, stay in Brazil, but he was very young to claim the throne. The empire of Brazil was ruled by regents and again, we had to much conflicts. But when Pedro II complete 18, he claimed the crown and his reign was more peacefully, Brazil was made so many progresses but when the realm was decides abolish slavery, the elite conspire with military and make a coup, declaring a Republic of Brazil.

dom-pedro-ii.jpg
proclamacao_da_republica.jpg

There are other great episodes too, other than the 1808 and independence.

• The Minas Conspiracy (Inconfidência Mineira): the earlier independence attempt led by Tiradentes
  • Paraguayan War (AKA War of The Triple Alliance): most foreigners don't know about it, but it was a crazy, miserable, bloody and brutal war with Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay together taking five years to utterly crush and destroy Paraguay.
  • Bandeiras: exploratory Portuguese led campaigns that expanded what would become the Brazil territory as it is now. These expeditions were the Portuguese way of doing the Conquistadors, bringing chaos, death, destruction and disease to indigenous communities scattered throughout the colony. If Ubisoft wants to do a South America themed game about the conquistadors and pre-colombiam civilizations, this is the Brazilian contribution.

Last edited:

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
If they ever want to do South American civilizations just imagine how badass this would be:

That could be an amazing setting, but my biggest doubt about it would be that there's no way that Ubisoft would do the Aztecs in any setting other than the Spanish conquests. A game set in and around Lake Texcoco during the formation and rise of Tenochtitlan would probably work better, but I don't think there's any chance that they'd use that setting when there's the far more familiar fall of the Aztecs to use instead, and I'm not sure how well that setting would work for a game.

I think they might go for Australia or maybe Japan.
As much as I'm not enthused about Japan, I can see it as a future setting and expect that they'll get around to it sometime. Australia though? AC games tend to centre themselves on some kind of well-known conflict (the Crusades, the American war of independence, the French revolution, the Peloponnesian War, etc). I don't really see anything like that in Australian history, with the main conflict being one-sided persecution of indigenous peoples. That's a topic worthy of exploration but I'm not sure anything like an Assassin's Creed game is the best venue for that.

I've no doubt they will do Rome eventually. On the basis that they will, it's surely best for them to have waited for hardware that's more capable than old Jaguars.

I highly doubt they'll ever do China because of censorship there. I doubt the ccp would allow the sale of a game where you kill diplomats or advance a new regime.
Features like that didn't stop Total War: Three Kingdoms from being released in China. It'd be a problem if Ubisoft wanted to do a game set in modern China, but it's not like they'll be doing that with Assassin's Creed.

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
I'm down for any setting not in Europe at this point honestly. I'd prefer China or India, but Brazil or other South American locations work as well!

seroun

Banned
Oct 25, 2018
As long as it's in a smaller place and it has more of a Florence-Rome-Constantinople vibe instead of Valhalla/AC3/London, go for it

GattsuSama

Mar 12, 2020
I would love a game that touches on the Aztecs and Cortés. That would be awesome and maybe you play as someone else? The Aztecs were kind of asshole to their other neighbors.