• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Paris - March 20, 2018 - Today, Ubisoft announced that it has signed an agreement with Vivendi for its full exit from Ubisoft`s share capital, with the sale of all Vivendi`s 30,489,300 shares. The transaction includes an investment by two new long-term investors, the Relationship Investing arm of Ontario Teachers` Public Equities division, and Tencent, a share buy-back by Ubisoft, an acquisition of shares by Guillemot Brothers SE and an Accelerated Bookbuilding with institutional investors. Following the implementation of the transaction, Vivendi will no longer hold any shares in Ubisoft, and has committed not to acquire any shares in Ubisoft for 5 years.

As part of the transaction, Ubisoft and Tencent have also announced today a strategic partnership that will significantly accelerate the reach of Ubisoft franchises in China in the coming years.

Yves Guillemot, CEO and Co-Founder, said: "The evolution in our shareholding is great news for Ubisoft. It was made possible thanks to the outstanding execution of our strategy and the decisive support of Ubisoft talents, players and shareholders. I would like to warmly thank them all. The investment from new long-term shareholders in Ubisoft demonstrates their trust in our future value creation potential, and Ubisoft`s share buy-back will be accretive to all shareholders. Finally, the new strategic partnership agreement we signed will enable Ubisoft to accelerate its development in China in the coming years and fully leverage a market with great potential."

"Today, Ubisoft is fully reaping the benefits of our long-term strategy and the successful transformation towards a more recurring and profitable business. Ubisoft is perfectly positioned to capture the numerous video game growth drivers in the coming years. We are focused more than ever on delivering on our strategic plan."
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/ubisoft-entertainment-ubisoft-reaches-agreement-171300865.html

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
latest

kennyamr

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY, USA
They realized it was not worth the hassle, I guess.
Also they probably have their eyes aimed at something else.

Either way, it's a good resolution in my opinion.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
It's actually the best news this could be!
Vivendi can go screw up other companies at least Ubisoft is safe for now.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
Wow, they actually managed to stave off the takeover? I figured Vivendi would win out eventually. Wonder if they're going to be turning their eye to someone else now.

JoDa

Jan 12, 2018
I'm kinda out of the loop, what exactly does this mean? Ubisoft has more financial and creative freedom now?

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
More than deserved.... Ultra Instinct Mode Ubisoft the last 24 months made no mistakes.

But damn Tencent is freaking everywhere lol.

Catdaddy

Oct 27, 2017
TN
Well – I think this is good they are away from Vivendi – but wonder how much control Tencent will have…