Oct 25, 2017
That's more or less like saying that Call of Duty is a replacement for Half-Life.

Except Activision didn't make or publish Half-Life?

Ubisoft published both, but owns the rights to AC.

In a world where AC sells incredibly well, and ubisoft doesn't need to pay liscencing there is literally no reason to make PoP asides from appealing to a few people constantly screaming for one.

Oct 25, 2017
Who gives a shit? That wasn't the point.
The point is that AC is NOT a substitute to PoP because how it plays is different.

I mean, that's literally the whole reason Ubisoft won't make another PoP.

There is literally no reason for them to make a PoP because it doesn't sell as well as AC. If they brought it back, it would be fundamentally different than those old games like what Beyond Good and Evil 2 is compared to one. And there is no creative force or entity in ubisoft that is making a heavy push for the franchises revival. Michel Ancel at least pushed for BGE2. I just don't see ubisoft wanting to bring it back.

PoPper

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 29, 2020
I mean, that's literally the whole reason Ubisoft won't make another PoP.

There is literally no reason for them to make a PoP because it doesn't sell as well as AC. If they brought it back, it would be fundamentally different than those old games like what Beyond Good and Evil 2 is compared to one. And there is no creative force or entity in ubisoft that is making a heavy push for the franchises revival. Michel Ancel at least pushed for BGE2. I just don't see ubisoft wanting to bring it back.
So basically, what you're saying is, For Honor event and the VR game are worthless?
I don't think so

Mercador

Nov 18, 2017
Quebec City
Ok, I don't think I'll broke any nda at this point, but the first AC was a pitch for a new PoP and they decided to go for a full fledged IP than a PoP spinoff.

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
Ok, I don't think I'll broke any nda at this point, but the first AC was a pitch for a new PoP and they decided to go for a full fledged IP than a PoP spinoff.

Pretty sure we've known that for years, it was originally going to be titled Prince Of Persia: HD/Assassins.

There was even some concept art and footage release of an early prototype.

Ankit Gaba

Banned
Mar 27, 2020
8697e6d8161332750826793690.jpg

Another screenshot might've been leaked
Source