• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
They've had huge talent retainment/attrition issues. I imagine they're just going to reorganize folks around the company instead of hiring on any measurable scale.

Also, did we know about Rainbow Six Mobile and a new Crew game?

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
It's only good news if the project managed correctly

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
It is pretty shocking how little Ubi released over the last year. A big loss isn't really surprising.

Hopefully they bounce back and this is a successful year for them. It certainly seems like they have the line-up for it, if everything actually ships in time. (Still sort of can't believe that Skull & Bones will ever come out.)

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Not sure if it's a good idea or not. They tried to release a bunch of things and almost none of it worked. Maybe the right strategy for Ubisoft is to stick with the franchises that actually work (and skull and bones because they have to release that).

Kuldar

Oct 26, 2017
So as they froze hiring few months ago, they'll just put every devs working on something else on an Assassin's Creed game?

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
I like AC so that's fine, but I can't say I'm overly enthused about the rest of their near-term line up. feels like the pandemic hit Ubi like a truck, it's like they've been flailing around since Valhalla

PotionBleue

Nov 1, 2017
The credits of recent Assassin's Creed games already last for 30-45 minutes or so with a tiny font lol.

SirShorse

Jul 16, 2020
can they please publicly confirm the cancellation of Beyond Good and Evil 2 I can't take it anymore

jayu26

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if it's a good idea or not. They tried to release a bunch of things and almost none of it worked. Maybe the right strategy for Ubisoft is to stick with the franchises that actually work (and skull and bones because they have to release that).
Oh right. Skull and Bones still hasn't come out. Whata ridiculous situation.

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
I think this says less about what the games are gonna look like and more about how many more AC games they're actually planning to get out the door.

I personally think the series is in the middle of an identity crisis and am not sure that will change even with Mirage on the horizon.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Banned
Jun 8, 2019
yes, aim to be like the most boring publisher like Activision

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
If they really wanted to get the best people they could do something about the rape stuffs and the abusers they're protecting.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
It is pretty shocking how little Ubi released over the last year. A big loss isn't really surprising.

Hopefully they bounce back and this is a successful year for them. It certainly seems like they have the line-up for it, if everything actually ships in time. (Still sort of can't believe that Skull & Bones will ever come out.)
In pursuit of their live service vision, they for some reason could not see the massive GAAS hits they were already releasing. S&B was not too bad when I played it, but does that translate into $70 of game is anyone's guess.

megamanofnumbers

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Banned
Apr 28, 2022
Notice how the article leaves out proof that Mirage has actual gameplay. So in my book, it still ain't real.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is AC slowly becoming Ubisoft's sole franchise like Activision and CoD?

Deleted member 95442

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2021
This 40% increase is from other teams, right? Not new hires?

Seems like Ubisoft is attempting to squeeze the last bit. I fully believe they are essentially dead man walking, just a matter of time.

Ratuso

Nov 27, 2021
Losing 400M is pretty rough, however I was expecting less revenue given that they've barely released anything. Their live service games are doing well

Oct 29, 2017
AC is the only Ubisoft franchise I'm really interested in so I can't say I'm against it. Hopefully it results in better and more complete games, not just larger sized games.

Koklusz

Oct 27, 2017
Well, yeah. They still release other games, unlike Activision.
Activision being a colossus on the clay legs doesn't really change the fact that AC is essentially Ubisoft's CoD, between 2009 and 2018 there was at least one new console AC game every year, with every game being made by a half of dozen or so studios that take turns to release a new game. AC mines are as real as CoD mines, have been for a very long time.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
6 Ass Creed's in development at the same time? dear lord...
Considering AAA games take like four years minimum to develop these days and that count is bound to include mobile, that…doesn't seem that unreasonable, if they want an AC game every year (and I'm sure they very much do).

OP
OP
dex3108

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe they should increase dev numbers for PoP Remake so it could be out before 2030...

SimplyComplex

May 23, 2018
Ah, the Call of Duty method.

Makes sense as Assassins Creed is by far Ubisofts most valuable IP. I'm kind of surprised The Division never took off but with how bad Heartland looks, Ubisoft seems to have lost faith in the franchise a bit.

Last edited: