• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

kennyamr

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY, USA

In case some people are having issues connecting to AC: Odyssey Ubisoft games today.

October, 5 2018 -Degradation - Multiple Games - All Platforms
Hello everyone. We're aware of an issue currently affecting connectivity and are working towards resolving this. We apologize for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience. Please be sure to check this thread for future updates. Thanks.

UPDATE 12:30 PM EST: We're currently experiencing a series of DDoS attacks, which unfortunately are a common occurrence for almost all online service providers. This may impact connections to our games as well as server latency, and we are taking steps to mitigate this issue.

EDIT:
Final Fantasy XIV is also having trouble today with DDoS attacks.

Lock if old.

Last edited:

Deleted member 43872

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 24, 2018
Ubisoft's infrastructure has felt fragile for years, slowing or going down during major releases; I'm not surprised they'd be a target. I assume it's ransom, not some dork getting pissy about AC microtransactions or whatever other grudge, but you never know with gamers.

Kaako

Oct 25, 2017
Ah so it might be AWS/whoever is hosting their servers. Multiple companies getting his by DDoS today(?)

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
DON'T PREORDER

BOTTOM TEXT
06OqaYV.png

Remember+no+preorders+trigger+medium+stats+mentionlist+videogamehumor_fc2c0c_6255355.jpg

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
DON'T PREORDER GAMES!!!

*Unless it's CDPR then it's okay
*Pre-orders red dead redemption 2, polishes copies of Uncharted 4 and the last of us, buys amiibo for breath of the wild and mario odyssey,*

"Microtransactions in games are bad on principle and i'd never support a title with them ever."

Oct 25, 2017
It seems like this might effect saved games (via cloud sync) through Ubi soft servers. So if you're playing AC:O on PC, make sure to do a custom save game. Someone in the OT lost hours of progress because of it I guess.

LCGeek

Oct 28, 2017
what real solutins are for this? specially for games than need to have the lowest ping possible?
because you can only mitigate it, not stop it.

A proper active queue management system as any respectable one can literally assign portions of your bandwidth properly vs the crap fifo queues they use

This means any incoming packets especially ones script kiddies would be making could be funneled into a flow that basically doesn't eat into system vs their current junk which offers them no such complexity.

They don't use them so we all suffer.

Last edited: