WoahW

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dc looked like a guy trying to prove the last fight was no fluke..

He's taken shit before for taking the "easy" way out and fighting to his strengths. Tonight he goes out like it was a tough man contest and still takes shit.

Because he literally was tired at the start of round 1 and never once blocked, oh and poked eyes minimum 2 times like fuck outta here with this shit

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
So happy for that Cleveland motherfucker

Am I crazy or did DC not attempt a TD after Round 1?

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Don't make no excuses about DC "looking off."

He looked just fine when he was whooping Stipe's ass.

He just couldn't get out of his own way. Hands down, abandoned his wrestling, refused to stop headhunting, didn't adjust when Stipe landed like 6 body shots in a row - the fuck is that all about?
Not adjusting? He was half dead on his feet and had taken 4 rounds worth of strikes by that point. Given that his style for a while has been to keep his arms up and outstretched, he need a big adjustment to deal with what Miocic was doing, and I doubt he was in the condition to figure that out mid round. Maybe if he had made it to the next round.

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
Dc has been throwing out this mummy guard style for a few years now. Its not a new thing.
Hes 40, fatter and slower. The HW division is trash and he cant seem to not get ko'd. He's done. Maybe one more fight for some quick cash and into commentary he stays

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So happy for that Cleveland motherfucker

Am I crazy or did DC not attempt a TD after Round 1?

DC attempted 2 in round 3 I think. He was actually level changing in the clinch all through the fight but was getting stopped or reversed by Miocic.

Ocean Bones

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Stipe looked really bad in the first round but he adjusted each round accordingly and got better. DC needed to end it there. After that he was hands down, tired, ready to go over every time Stipe landed a clean shot, and stipe was just walking through punches.

Good shit though, great night.

kung-fu-owl

Alt account
Banned
Jul 27, 2019
Not adjusting? He was half dead on his feet and had taken 4 rounds worth of strikes by that point. Given that his style for a while has been to keep his arms up and outstretched, he need a big adjustment to deal with what Miocic was doing, and I doubt he was in the condition to figure that out mid round. Maybe if he had made it to the next round.

He took those strikes because he insisted on disrespecting Stipe's stand up. The punches weren't hurting him so he kept his hands down and abandoned his wrestling.

DC is a wrestler. He was having his way with Stipe on the ground, then abandoned that, as if he was trying to prove a point in response to Stipe talking up his own wrestling in the lead up to the fight.

When Stipe landed a takedown of his own in the third or fourth round, DC immediately tried to get it back with a really sloppy takedown.

Dude's ego got in his way.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
with a stupid performance like that DC should retire. his corner kept telling him to go back to wrestling and stop walking around with his hands down and he didn't listen at all.
He did that because he didn't have the tank to wrestle or keep his hands up. Remember, this a heavyweight past 40 eyeing retirement.

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
Felt like DC got too confident first few rounds and was going way too hard. I think he had the mentality of give it all and then retire with a win, but he was fighting a boxer.

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
DC attempted 2 in round 3 I think. He was actually level changing in the clinch all through the fight but was getting stopped or reversed by Miocic.
He tried to get one back after Stipe took him down, but it was a sloppy move.

He should've been straight back to his wrestling from the opening bell of the second round.
Yeah, went and looked at the stats, in Round 3, Stipe attempted 3 with one succesful and then DC failed to land a reply attempt. Nothing in Round 4. Baffling gameplan from Cormier.

Oct 31, 2017
You don't fuck with immigrant mentality. Cleveland got a champion again.

There is one man

NINTCHDBPICT000479069416.jpg

Do those knees have 5 more rounds left in them?

It doesn't have 5 minutes left in them.

selo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Barely made it past 5 seconds in the Ngannou fight.

It was like 13, come on :p (EDIT: just checked, 26 seconds) Anyways, great card tonight. The romero costa had that vibe of 'a punch can end this whole thing in a second', close fight but I think costa had the first 2 rounds. Nate and Pettis was also a very fun watch as was the main event. I like both Cormier and Stipe, but I would've like for DC to retire after a win, oh well.

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
lmao, eye pokes again. DC is low-key super villainous but never got called out on it because he gets to be compared to Jon Jones.

Maybe the best UFC HW fight of all-time and one of the great octagon comebacks. Tonight was one of the best events the UFC has ever held.

He did that because he didn't have the tank to wrestle or keep his hands up. Remember, this a heavyweight past 40 eyeing retirement.
Narrative change already starting. DC to be an overweight, old bum in a month's time.

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
lmao, eye pokes again. DC is low-key super villainous but never got called out on it because he gets to be compared to Jon Jones.
Fans talk about it all the time. Media hesitates because he's a regular on analysts desks and commentary now.

Rogan and co. only started mentioning it once the director started showing the pokes in slowmo between rounds tonight.

I thought it was overblown in the first fight (and Vegas has a different rule about refs telling fighters to close their hands) but tonight was ridiculous and Herb Dean should be disappointed at not policing it.

MG310

Oct 25, 2017
Hard for the announce team to not mention a whole thumb going into the eye socket

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Fans talk about it all the time. Media hesitates because he's a regular on analysts desks and commentary now.

Rogan and co. only started mentioning it once the director started showing the pokes in slowmo between rounds tonight.

I thought it was overblown in the first fight (and Vegas has a different rule about refs telling fighters to close their hands) but tonight was ridiculous and Herb Dean should be disappointed at not policing it.
Herb Dean has had a really 'up and down' year if I'm being generous.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Came back from the bar..... Why was DC not putting his hands up? Was Stipe fucking up his body that much and was DC that arrogant to not defend himself?

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Narrative change already starting. DC to be an overweight, old bum in a month's time.
I actually didn't think DC looked great in the first fight either. He's a lot slower and doesn't have the cardio at heavyweight to fight his best fight anymore, which is wrestling and grinding, and using his power to set that up. Against top guys, he's more of a dirty boxer now.

Last edited:

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I actually didn't think DC looked great in the first fight either. He's a lot slower and doesn't have the cardio at heavyweight to fight his best fight anymore, which is wrestling and grinding, and using the his power to set that up. Against top guys, he's more of a dirty boxer now.
I think you might just not like heavyweight fights. DC looked incredible for large stretches of this fight. That first round was remarkable.

Its fairly clear that Stipe was feeling the wear and tear of 6 straight HW fights in less than 3 years to go down to that type of shot compared to the bludgeoning he took tonight.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think you might just not like heavyweight fights. DC looked incredible for large stretches of this fight. That first round was remarkable.

Its fairly clear that Stipe was feeling the wear and tear of 6 straight HW fights in less than 3 years to go down to that type of shot compared to the bludgeoning he took tonight.
He looked great in the first round, but didn't have the cardio to keep that pace. To compliment his wrestling, DC's best attribute to used to be his cardio, similar to Cain. No question he's lost that.

I don't think he's fallen in love with hands to like a Ronda degree, he just doesn't have it in him to grind anymore. Makes sense.

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
DC saying he felt like he let his coaches down not shooting and that his success landing became addictive.

Also, hit the record for most landed strikes in a loss in the UFC.

SoundLad

Oct 30, 2017
Nate's blabbering on the post fight presser is so good right now lmao

amazing night of fights, goodnight!

easter

Nov 15, 2017
DC looked pretty awesome to me but I'm super happy Stipe got the belt back and won. DC seems like a good dude tho.

Not sure how people thought the Diaz pettis fight was good. Punches looked soggy from both. Diaz fights look like one of those used car lots inflatable men.

Stove

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure how people thought the Diaz pettis fight was good. Punches looked soggy from both. Diaz fights look like one of those used car lots inflatable men.

I think Diaz-Pettis was the second best fight of the night, right behind Costa-Romero. Was a fantastic scrap with some high level grappling.

mxbison

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
how you gonna boo a guy that just walked forward throwing bombs for 3 rounds against yoel romero?

people are so fucking stupid

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Stipe is one of those guys who loses, puts in the work to improve, and comes back that much better. Even during a fight he seems willing and able to make the needed adjustments.

Congrats to him. I like him and DC both but that was an impressive comeback and win for Stipe.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
i only saw the the last 3 fights plus the brunson one, what other great match i have to watch from this card guys?

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What a great event last night. DC vs Miocic, man both guys ate bombs, was happy for Miocic in the end. I think as you get older maybe the wrestling part takes a lot more energy than the boxing, or DC just too in love with his hands... dude should retire, in any case. He's a great announcer and sports talk guy, get paid big bucks to do that the next 20 years instead of getting hit in the damn head.

Costa vs Romero, man what a fight. I'm conflicted. If we could get these kinds of fights by letting fighters juice to the gills, man, it's terrible for fighter safety but... this fight was fucking incredible.

pixelation

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I am happy for Miocic but what the hell is up with that guard of his?, the middle is always open. Gets clocked and had no head movement and stays in the same spot to receive punch after punch after punch in the noggin. He was lucky his body shots worked against Cormier because I thought Cormier was about to finish him any second. Last 3 fights on the card delivered in spades, the rest no so much.