• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Blue Lou

Oct 26, 2017
EU have published this:
PVAuC62.jpg

1LhWaS2.jpg

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Good question regarding taking away opportunities to young people.

The look on his stupid face.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
These buffoons are going to start self-congratulating themselves on reaching a deal, but they don't deserve any congratulations at all.

1.21Gigawatts

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Munich
It's what I'd gave done. They held all the cards.

God I'm still pissed off that people actually voted for this. I just hope this doesn't screw us too badly in the long run. I will be bitter about it until the day I die I imagine.

As someone with an international relations background, I can tell you that it reduces the UK to an insignificant player in world politics and if one had to point out a moment in which the UK lost its status as a world power it would surely be this one.

This development will most clearly show itself in the UK's dealings with China. While the UK was formerly a power China had to reckon with, they are now an irrelevant factor China doesn't have to take into account anymore. (You can already see that in how little fucks China gives about what the UK thinks of its Hong Kong policies.)

Don't expect anyone abroad to really care for what the UK thinks of any given issue anymore.

When it comes to consequences for individual Brits, expect the UK economy to shrink and struggle for years to come until things have adjusted to generally lower standards of living. Also, massively reduced opportunities and freedoms obviously.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
To everyone who voted to leave - fuck you and yours.

I don't why you did it, just know you've crippled this country for generations to come.

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So who is going to decide if the level playing field mechanism is violated? The European. court of Justice or the London High Court or will it be (secret) Arbitration?

1.21Gigawatts

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Munich
Links to this? Haven't heard a peep from any side's negotiators outside of a few speeches from Barnier and Frost.

There are a few good journalists regularly giving some insights and from time to time hearing from inside sources.
Jeremy Cliffe or Anette Dittert for example.

Most issues the UK treated as negotiable concerned the integrity of the single market and were never negotiable for the EU.
This is what gave us this charade for the past years and it obviously ended with the UK faltering.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
so the US will have the final say what the european law needs to be interpreted?

No fucking way this gets ratified.

Not inherently, just like, they'd be one of the few national bodies you can maybe see each side as okay with having arbitrate. Though the last four years will have probably made the EU more wary on that

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Erasmus decision from the UK is such a kick in the nuts.

I doubt it would stop rich people sending their kids around, probably a few token places for less well off people to cover themselves.

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not inherently, just like, they'd be one of the few national bodies you can maybe see each side as okay with having arbitrate. Though the last four years will have probably made the EU more wary on that
Arbitration is a big nono. Completely intransparent. One of the reason TTIP was a bust.

Are there investment protection mechanisms? If so this is DOA

Rangerx

Oct 25, 2017
Dangleberry
The EU has essentially gotten everything it wanted. The only slight compromise was made on fishing. If the UK diverges from the level playing field they'll be slapped with tariffs. No more freedom of movement of the UK. How Johnson is selling this is a victory is beyond me. The UK has done serious damage to itself. Thankfully in my country Ireland the good Friday agreement was preserved and the border is kept open.

Oct 27, 2017
So does this mean I can still get my shit from Amazon uk sent to the North without paying import fees? This is all that really matters to me! Any of my Irish or British Brothers or Sisters understand enough to know?

I mean a no deal would have been a nightmare for my spending habits bruh...

What? Bad for who's image? Why are you fucking him?

I think they mean "Fuck you Scotland" from Westminster. I could be wrong tho.

Cocolina

Oct 28, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
I'm working for a company that imports goods EU countries as well as the UK, we will have to change our UK suppliers from January because it is not worth the hassle to import from the UK anymore. The trade deal has little to do with that.

This is still a clusterfuck

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
As someone with an international relations background, I can tell you that it reduces the UK to an insignificant player in world politics and if one had to point out a moment in which the UK lost its status as a world power it would surely be this one.

This development will most clearly show itself in the UK's dealings with China. While the UK was formerly a power China had to reckon with, they are now an irrelevant factor China doesn't have to take into account anymore. (You can already see that in how little fucks China gives about what the UK thinks of its Hong Kong policies.)

Don't expect anyone abroad to really care for what the UK thinks of any given issue anymore.

When it comes to consequences for individual Brits, expect the UK economy to shrink and struggle for years to come until things have adjusted to generally lower standards of living. Also, massively reduced opportunities and freedoms obviously.
Agreed. To be honest without any kind of background this is all fundamentally obvious to me and was before the vote lol.

Putting up walls is never a good thing. I will never not be angry and bitter about this or to the people that put us in this position due to misplaced pride, arrogance and racism. Never. It makes me almost embarrassed to be British at this point. I feel stuck on a ship that's sinking but can't find a lifeboat :(

1.21Gigawatts

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Munich
EU have published this:
The trade part with the yellow circles will be the interesting part.

Agreed. To be honest without any kind of background this is all fundamentally obvious to me and was before the vote lol.

Putting up walls is never a good thing. I will never not be angry and bitter about this or to the people that put us in this position due to misplaced pride, arrogance and racism. Never. It makes me almost embarrassed to be British at this point. I feel stuck on a ship that's sinking but can't find a lifeboat :(

Rejoining is easier than you think.
I think once the reality of Brexit becomes apparent to people, this could happen rather quickly.

WolfForager

Oct 27, 2017
pretty sure they were being sarcastic, we will likely get told to fuck off when it come to indyref part deux

In hindsight you're probably correct.

So Scotland is completely at the mercy of the UK letting them have a referendum? There's nothing there to trigger one? I.e. Scottish Parliament vote for a referendum to be held.

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
Well, better than nothing? I still habe a hunch that it will be devastagiong in practice and a lot of stuff re: medicine/pharmaceutics/research will be a shitshow.

I haven't seen anything about private to business transactions in my quick glance at the pics from the EU. If I, a German, were to buy some physical goods from a UK store in Jan, will there be import fees and a customs check and added tax? What if I buy now but they post it in January?

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
In hindsight you're probably correct.

So Scotland is completely at the mercy of the UK letting them have a referendum? There's nothing there to trigger one? I.e. Scottish Parliament vote for a referendum to be held.

I forget the details but i think we can have one regardless but if they said no at the start then the results won't mean much legally speaking. Someone else will probably chime in to elaborate or correct me.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I heard someone on the news the other day say it might not be immediately noticeable to people but more like a slow puncture over a longer time, all round just worse.