• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Geobros

Dec 31, 2018
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is the first UK physical No.1 of 2020.

The Activision shooter comes out ahead of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order and FIFA 20, which swapped places this week with Star Wars now at No.2 and the football game at No.3.

It's a pretty similar Top Ten this week, despite a significant drop in sales across the board, which is typical for the start of the year. The biggest change is with Borderlands 3, which continues its rise back up the charts and is now at No.4. 2K's game has been reduced in price to £20 in the post-Christmas sales.

There is a single new release in the boxed retail charts -- Dr Kawashima's Brain Training for Nintendo Switch, which debuts at No.14. It may look like a poor start for the Nintendo game, but the last Brain Training (Devilish Brain Training on Nintendo 3DS) didn't make the charts in its first week at all. In fact, launch week sales of this new Brain Training is 15 times bigger than its predecessor.

Devilish Brain Training was severely delayed on 3DS in Europe, and didn't release until after the Switch was on sale (back in July 2017).

The Brain Training series targets more mainstream users who don't typically rush out to buy the latest releases. Therefore the game may well hang around in the charts for a while to come.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
Brain Training was never going to explode out of the gate (even the DS games didn't). It's ALL about the legs...

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
but the last Brain Training (Devilish Brain Training on Nintendo 3DS) didn't make the charts in its first week at all. In fact, launch week sales of this new Brain Training is 15 times bigger than its predecessor.

The last one also came out 5 years after Japanese release and 4 years after US release during Switch Hype (July 2017).

Brain Training was never going to explode out of the gate (even the DS games didn't). It's ALL about the legs...

In Europe, Brain Age received critical acclaim, becoming number 1 in the Nintendo DS sales chart, and number 4 in the all-platforms chart on debut,[30] and selling more than 500,000 units in just over two months.

Bazry

Oct 30, 2017
Should be noted that the Nintendo Switch is completely out of stock in the UK at the moment, so its a miracle any Switch titles got in the charts at all

Who with a Switch is still buying MK8D enough to chart it in the top 10 when no new system is being sold

EDIT: of course the Switch Lite is still available

Last edited:

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Should be noted that the Nintendo Switch is completely out of stock in the UK at the moment, so its a miracle any Switch titles got in the charts at all

Who with a Switch is still buying MK8D enough to chart it in the top 10 when no new system is being sold
One of the main Switch bundles atm is a MK8D one, so the system selling well in general will have helped that.
Interestingly, to me at least, the Switch is low in stock everywhere online but the Switch Lite is easy to find in stock everywhere.

Bazry

Oct 30, 2017
One of the main Switch bundles atm is a MK8D one, so the system selling well in general will have helped that.
Interestingly, to me at least, the Switch is low in stock everywhere online but the Switch Lite is easy to find in stock everywhere.
ah yeah completely forgot about the Switch Lite

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
SEGA is probably delighted by M&S performance. Still hanging out in the top 10 after two months in the market.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
fallen order and luigi's legs are hella impressive.

good for brain training, altho clearly the series isn't what it was in the DS days.

ItsOKAY

Jan 26, 2018
Frankfurt, Germany
It is still incredible to see what MK8D is doing... Borderlands 3..a highly anticipated FPS is already down to 20 bucks..and it just released in septembre. MK8D on the other side..still full price...years old..and still doing those numbers. Insane.
Happy to see LM3 hanging in there. Great game.

And than there is GTA V...i mean...incredible achievement!

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
Brain Training looks terrible. Anyone here have it? I still kind of want it but not physical so wondering if I need to buy anything.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

EDIT: of course the Switch Lite is still available

Why exactly does the switch being out of stock stop games from selling??

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
What's the first big release of the new year that will dethrone Call of Duty?
I'm sure Kakarot will later in January. Icebourne may do it with the PC release next week.

Warcraft III: Reforged will be interesting. Most sales should be digital through BattleNet and I don't think those will be counted here.