Oct 27, 2017
Murder in Successville is now on Netflix. Tom Davis is great and the whole show is just stupid, ridiculous fun.

p14033530_e_v8_ab.jpg

Jubilant Duck

Oct 21, 2022
Credits rolled on Hades!

Not quite sure if I'll stick it out to reach the epilogue but there are definitely some character stories I want to see to completion.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I'm watching Highlander for the first time in about 20 years and the sword fight at the start is so shit

Jubilant Duck

Oct 21, 2022
I'm watching Highlander for the first time in about 20 years and the sword fight at the start is so shit
It ain't about that.

It's about the great visuals and set decorating.

The fabulous contrast between pro wrestling and medieval warfare.

The frankly near-impossible camera transitions between scenes they pulled off in a pre-digital age, such as the pan up through the car park roof into the Scottish highlands, or later the fish tank into the lake.

Really ahead of its time in so many aspects.

DECK’ARD

Creator of Worms
Verified
Nov 26, 2017
UK
Holy fuck, you can add local files to your Spotify library on iOS. How did I never notice this before. I thought you could only do that on desktop.

My Spotify now has all my mp3s of tracks that never made it to streaming services and YouTube rips of video game music and stuff.

Mind blown 🤯

Last edited:

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
for apple music it was one the reasons I subbed for my wife's 80's jpop collection. pretty sure spotify didn't have it back then so its a welcome add.

Do they upload and stream it like apple?

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
It ain't about that.

It's about the great visuals and set decorating.

The fabulous contrast between pro wrestling and medieval warfare.

The frankly near-impossible camera transitions between scenes they pulled off in a pre-digital age, such as the pan up through the car park roof into the Scottish highlands, or later the fish tank into the lake.

Really ahead of its time in so many aspects.

And the soundtrack. Can't forget that.

Patriiick

Oct 31, 2018
Grimsby, GB
Holy fuck, you can add local files to your Spotify library on iOS. How did I never notice this before. I thought you could only do that on desktop.

My Spotify now has all my mp3s of tracks that never made it to streaming services and YouTube rips of video game music and stuff.

Mind blown 🤯
One thing I do find insane(and I don't know if it's changed recently) is Spotify playing adverts in-between me listening to my own locally stored mp3s. I find it a little insulting that they still try to profit from something they should really have no involvement in.

Cocolina

Oct 28, 2017
One thing I could find insane(and I don't know if it's changed recently) is Spotify playing adverts in-between me listening to my own locally stored mp3s. I find it a little insulting that they still try to profit from something they should really have no involvement in.

They're involved because you're using their app.

Patriiick

Oct 31, 2018
Grimsby, GB
I kinda meant no involvement in hosting/licencing/streaming ect but I guess I expected too much from Spotify when it comes to a little leeway using the most basic of basic functions of a music player.

Jubilant Duck

Oct 21, 2022
And the soundtrack. Can't forget that.
Life Of Brian, on the subject of Roman contributions, "Well the roads go without saying!"

edit - what I do think is worth flagging is how in the talk of Queen music in the soundtrack, the composer Michael Kamen's excellent score is often left out of discussions.

Though if we're talking Queen's contributions, I really wish they'd released a version of their New York, New York cover officially. Though I understand Freddie took some cajoling to record this for the film so maybe they never felt comfortable releasing it as a Queen song.

View: https://youtu.be/h9X-AxM8oQ4?feature=shared

Last edited:

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
So I ended up buying the amp as well as the TV, because I'd be losing too much running over optical or ARC in the short term.

Now I need to decide whether to run through eARC or straight through the amp (which is how I currently have things setup).

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
So I ended up buying the amp as well as the TV, because I'd be losing too much running over optical or ARC in the short term.

Now I need to decide whether to run through eARC or straight through the amp (which is how I currently have things setup).

if you have enough HDMI 2.1 ports on the amp, do that - less rewiring potentially.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
if you have enough HDMI 2.1 ports on the amp, do that - less rewiring potentially.
2 in 2 out on the amp, so yeah that should be doable. It's the simpler setup as well so is what I'd probably prefer.

I've heard a few people mention that the apps on the TV (for streaming services) might be better on the TV than on SkyQ but I don't know if that's accurate. Obviously want to make sure that I can get 4k HDR + the best audio possible, but finding detail on specific of the apps isn't easy it seems (thanks to Sky Stream, I just get a million comparison results).

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
2 in 2 out on the amp, so yeah that should be doable. It's the simpler setup as well so is what I'd probably prefer.

I've heard a few people mention that the apps on the TV (for streaming services) might be better on the TV than on SkyQ but I don't know if that's accurate. Obviously want to make sure that I can get 4k HDR + the best audio possible, but finding detail on specific of the apps isn't easy it seems (thanks to Sky Stream, I just get a million comparison results).

just try them yourself see how you get on. You can always connect up to the arc channel on the TV (and one of the HDMI 2.1 channels might be the earc one anyway) to at least get TV app audio back to the amp so you're not losing out on audio side if you choose to use onboard apps

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
I was actually wondering if that's an option, would allow me to default through the amp but if I need (or prefer) something coming direct from the TV then I can do that as well. Thanks.

Yesterzine

Jan 5, 2022

Jacknapes

Oct 26, 2017
Newport, South Wales
Ordered some beverages for delivery from the local (ok, it's 8 miles away). Wondering why delivery takes so long, and i figured it out. Before it's said, i don't have a car so can't pick up (yet). But, the order goes from the brewary to the motorway. It goes past my house to Birmingham, then goes from Birmingham to Cardiff (past my house again) before being delivered from Cardiff.

You'd have thought it would be easier to just drop it off on the way.

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London

Mind blown 🤯

Whoa, what? Would they then be accessible in my Spotify library on other devices, or only on the device that the files are stored on?

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
The latter. Spotify doesn't magically gain the rights to stream it to you on another device. But the app will play back local files.

well apple does (technically they'll either match tracks they already have and stream those, but also upload the actual files for anything they can't match and stream to any logged in apple music app).

local files is a nice update but uploaded personal files would be even better

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
The latter. Spotify doesn't magically gain the rights to stream it to you on another device. But the app will play back local files.

Oh I was hoping maybe it'd use some dark magic to stream my own files to me elsewhere or something.
That's less fun then as if I'm on the device with the files on (my mac) I can play them in iTunes anyway.

Yesterzine

Jan 5, 2022
Oh I was hoping maybe it'd use some dark magic to stream my own files to me elsewhere or something.
That's less fun then as if I'm on the device with the files on (my mac) I can play them in iTunes anyway.

Mp3.com got sued out of existence by major record labels for daring to offer that. The fact they were at the time a huge market for independent artists to bypass the control of major record labels is I'm sure coincidence.

Jokerman

May 16, 2020

The TV apps will likely be better. In my experience, Sky boxes do not do a great job of converting frame-rates unlike the native apps of most TVs.

Patriiick

Oct 31, 2018
Grimsby, GB
Last edited: