• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, if Bronte hadn't taken so long at the bottom of the travelator she could have won. Always hard to judge how much time you should take to compose yourself there.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
"Could you take on the Gladiators?" No, this is one of the game shows I absolutely could not 😆

Anyway, great fun that series.

Cronen

Oct 27, 2017
Really enjoyed this series. I look forward to it being back next year - hopefully with some new games.

Oct 26, 2017
Overall, a very successful reboot imo. I think the new cast is excellent but the stand outs for me were Sabre, Fury, Legend and Nitro. Hopefully Comet gets more of a chance next time round.

Some of the events need tweaking, Gauntlet especially. I'm thinking tie points to time taken, not zones beaten. In terms of injuries, I'm hoping we just had bad luck but I wouldn't be surprised if The Edge gets shelved, which would be a shame as I could watch Fury throwing fools over the edge all day.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Just flipping channels and saw the beginning of ninja warriors uk

they've rejigged it to be closer to gladiators lol

Normanski 2.0

Nov 21, 2017
Overall, a very successful reboot imo. I think the new cast is excellent but the stand outs for me were Sabre, Fury, Legend and Nitro. Hopefully Comet gets more of a chance next time round.

Some of the events need tweaking, Gauntlet especially. I'm thinking tie points to time taken, not zones beaten. In terms of injuries, I'm hoping we just had bad luck but I wouldn't be surprised if The Edge gets shelved, which would be a shame as I could watch Fury throwing fools over the edge all day.

The head start that contestants get on the wall should probably be halved too. I don't think there was a single game where at least one of the contestants didn't win or lost a shoe.

Didn't see the final as I've been away, but gutted for Wes (he's the younger brother of one of my old schoolmates, haven't seen any in decades though).

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Finally caught up to the final. Gutted for Wesley losing to the guy he beat in the Quarters, but them's the breaks I suppose. Great reboot overall.

And for US fans, it looks like a reboot may be coming closer to fruition: 'American Gladiators' Creator Johnny Ferraro Signs With Range Sports (Exclusive). I looked it up, and Range Sports just signed a development deal with The CW earlier this year, so I'm thinking that'll be a possible home. Hopefully the success of the UK reboot will mean a US reboot will finally happen.