• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ISOM

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/morning-guest-says-not-pervert-12378094

Simon described the arrangement as a "life" and said he has had three long-term arrangements so far under these rules.

He said: "I offer them a life, more than a fully stocked fridge. They are still in touch with me. I'm not a pervert. It's an arranged relationship. I have a fantastic life and I just want to share it.

"I'm seeking fun. If they were not having fun, I wouldn't be there. You have to get along. I'm just being upfront saying what I have and what I have to offer.

"I'm doing nothing wrong. It's an arrangement between two adults. I'm looking for someone my own age. I'm not looking for someone vulnerable."

He said the women live 'rent-free' but he refused to call them tenants, as he does not consider their services a form of rent.

Holly questioned the legality of the set up, suggesting that it was coercing people into sex in exchange for their homes, but Simon refuted this.

He continued: "I'm not offering free accommodation - it's fraction of what I'm offering, I'm offering a life and opportunity to improve your life.

"If it was the other way round and someone offered me this opportunity I would grasp it with both hands."

ham bone

Alt account
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
I don't know why you put father in the title. That makes it sound like incest.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So........basically just old fashioned prostitution.

Cash money vs Rent, what's the difference?

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Well, uhm, wouldn't this be like being a prostitute for rent money but skipping the middle step?

As long as it's consensual neither party wouldn't be doing anything illegal, no?

Vagabond

Oct 26, 2017
United States
I can't think of one good-looking person who is at least a 7.5 on the scale who hasn't laid up for a roof over their head at one point in their life. I know I've done it for a few months.

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
Well, uhm, wouldn't this be like being a prostitute for rent money but skipping the middle step?

As long as it's consensual neither party wouldn't be doing anything illegal, no?

It's still a problematic dynamic imo.

I read a (different) article about the topic a while back and it doesn't sound like a decent set up.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/article/d6ad2e6d-2c72-4a35-9281-daaeedf029ee

Question you have to ask if most people (male or female) would be happy to perform sexual acts to random people in lieu of just paying for their rent.

This quote also makes me cringe somewhat:

He continued: "I'm not offering free accommodation - it's fraction of what I'm offering, I'm offering a life and opportunity to improve your life.

Most landlords don't view their role as 'improving' someone's life.

Ripe for abuse.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Putting yourself in a situation where you have to pay with your body rather than a form of actual currency always carries the risk of abuse. It's hard to draw a line for how much you're willing to do sexually when someone is making you choose between sleeping on the streets or in a bed for the night; it's not like you can write a legally binding contract for sexual situations.

Disgusting.

Last edited:

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
Putting yourself in a situation where you have to pay with your body rather than a form of actualncurrency always carries the risk of abuse. It's hard to draw a line for how much you're willing to do sexually when someone is making you choose between sleeping on the streets or in a bed for the night; it's not like you can write a legally binding contract for sexual situations.

Disgusting.

Yeah, my view here.

"Oh, I'm going to need to increase the sex this week! If you're unhappy with it then you can go elsewhere?"

Wouldn't get that with a contractual tent agreement.

Jan 10, 2018
To add some irrelevant details missing from OP
"I'd lived a very sheltered, conservative life," he says. But suddenly he was thrown into the extremities of sex and drugs, amid poor mental health and depleted self-worth. "I lost two stone in that two months. I went down to a 27-inch waist. I felt ill."

The relationship broke down and he moved into a female friend's house temporarily. But it was here, a month later, that the first consequence of sex-for-rent surfaced.

"I got HIV," he says. "I went for my first test after coming out and got gonorrhoea and HIV. I think I would have recovered from that whole period of my life if that had not happened."
The requirement of intoxication rendered him unable to defend himself.

"There were times," he says, "I went under [lost consciousness] on G and then I woke up and someone was fucking me." He had specifically told some of those people earlier that he was not interested in them. How does he view those incidents now?

He pauses for a moment and replies flatly. "Rape."

https://www.buzzfeed.com/patrickstr...and?utm_term=.nj8qO8B70V&bftwnews#.jvxJebrz0y

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
If this is fully consensual, nobody is being hurt and people prefer saving money in lieu of sexual favours, good for him I guess.

GungHo

Nov 27, 2017
Putting yourself in a situation where you have to pay with your body rather than a form of actual currency always carries the risk of abuse. It's hard to draw a line for how much you're willing to do sexually when someone is making you choose between sleeping on the streets or in a bed for the night; it's not like you can write a legally binding contract for sexual situations.

Disgusting.
Yeah, I have a concern about it becoming "put out or get out" as well. I realize that some "real" relationships may ultimately end up that way, as people can do some really shitty things to each other out of spite, and maybe its a cultural bias, but this seems rather exploitative.

The_hypocrite

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Flyover State
Within a capitalist system the worst fate falls to those that are not exploited at all. Sure, this is exploitation but some of you are acting like if these women would be better being homeless and relying on the system to solve their problem.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, I have a concern about it becoming "put out or get out" as well. I realize that some "real" relationships may ultimately end up that way, as people can do some really shitty things to each other out of spite, and maybe its a cultural bias, but this seems rather exploitative.
If they are homeless because they can't afford a room then it's a serious problem.

But those who can but refuse are in a consensual relation. They can choose to leave if he gets too controlling.

Stouffers

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Quite the reversal: A landlord who apologizes to his tenants for "being a little short" this month.

Ramuh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He should just say its a church.

And there is nothing wrong with this. If a woman or man decides to engage in sexual relations with a person, its a private "Civil" matter.

Bricktop

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is pretty common, this guy is just willing to admit it. People trade sex, companionship, etc. for comfort, or a higher standard of living, all the time.

Rayne

Oct 25, 2017
Like if you want sex for the rent it's not free. WTF is with people trying to stretch the definition of free to absurdity.

Ramuh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Like if you want sex for the rent it's not free. WTF is with people trying to stretch the definition of free to absurdity.
Apparently he's not offering them free rent, he is offering them a better life. No different than a woman or man dating or engaging in physical relations with a person who is well off that is providing for them in some way.

Samara

Oct 25, 2017
Québec
About a decade ago I was looking for an apartment. I see one and look at the price ;its free. But... I had to poop in the landlord's mouth about once month for free rent.

The post ended with "dont judge me"

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck that guy. No better than a common pimp. I'm all for legalized prostitution, but there it needs to be regulated and inspected, and there needs to be a barrier between the sex and power dynamics (you shouldn't have to have sex with your boss or landlord to survive). This is none of these things.

Even if he means the best all he's going to get is to prey on a bunch of women who have no other choice.

Last edited:

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Consenting adults, similar ages, doesn't sound like he's preying on people with no other options. I don't see anything wrong either this.