• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ivantod

Oct 27, 2017
They should have given them each one of these instead:

RhyMUtV.png

jdmc13

Mar 14, 2019
I'm not saying that's acceptable, but that looks a lot like the quality of my school lunches when I was in a public elementary school. Going private for high school with like actual meals for lunch was mind blowing.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
If they had served this at my school in Austria, there would have be an open rebellion, ending with the cafeteria set on fire and multiple deaths.
(to use some slight exaggeration)
France here, I think that would have happenned + depending on the age of children a protest would have begun as well.
This wouldn't even pass for the shittiest meal at the shittiest school cafeteria.

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That actually looks a fair bit better and more substantial than some of the shit that was served in my school. And the price is way more reasonable somehow despite being over a decade ago.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Like I'm not joking but most schools in France would have you get a minimum of a 3 course meal (most would probably go the extra mile of 5).
And you would most likely get stuffs like either cheapo foie gras (duck mousse) or actual foie gras.

I think parents would have the school's director's head if some stunt like that was pulled.
It would make national news and every single politician would have commented on it for like a week or so.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
ok just checked on the elementary school in my hometown (turns out all of the schools in the town get the same meal).

And this is the Xmas meal

Potage de Noël (think vegetable soup)

Rôti de dinde sauce à la châtaigne (turkey roast) /Galette emmental bio (vegan option)
Pommes duchesse
Pommes-duchesse.jpg

Chocolat de Noël (chocolate candy basically from this company apparently www.cemoi.fr)

And like this is public school Xmas lunch.
How the hell does a private school provides such a shitty excuse for an event meal?

Oct 27, 2017
Nom nom nom.

I'd eat that, slap a bit of mayonnaise on it as the bun is a bit dry alone and you've got yourself a meal sir!

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah... Looks better and more varied than what they passed off as "pizza" at my school...

What did they have for pizza where you went to school? We had the rectangles.

ca7.jpg

And while it looked like death, I remember not minding it. It was pretty much the best option as anything else they served we universally hated. But its hard to gauge whether it was truly decent or if it was just a less refined taste since I was much younger at the time.

Jul 1, 2020
I think I actually miss the shitty pizza my old middle school used to serve. A thin block of bread w/ oily melted cheese, some flavorless sauce and small bits of meat on top.

summer-school-feeding-program-0d85131e5a299772.jpg
What did they have for pizza where you went to school? We had the rectangles.

ca7.jpg

And while it looked like death, I remember not minding it. It was pretty much the best option as anything else they served we universally hated. But its hard to gauge whether it was truly decent or if it was just a less refined taste since I was much younger at the time.

If these are from the US then the pizza is legally a serving of vegetables because of the tomato sauce.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Looks like turkey, one pig in blanket, turkey stuffing maybe and a mince meat pie for the sweet. If the roll was buttered I would say there is definitely worse than that, such is our low standards. Pretty pathetic for the price however if the charlatans providing it are doing it at scale.

The shitty pizza at school which I didn't mind at the time is basically those 1 quid basic pizzas you get in supermarkets.

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I will not have such libel of British Christmas dinners from some slovenly Americans thank you. Go finish off your turducken leftovers with spray on cheese on top you monsters.

School dinners were improving hugely by the time I left school. there was even pasta

This was just a poor, isolated example.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
I will not have such libel of British Christmas dinners from some slovenly Americans thank you. Go finish off your turducken leftovers with spray on cheese on top you monsters.

School dinners were improving hugely by the time I left school. there was even pasta

This was just a poor, isolated example.

School dinners in the 70/80s weren't too bad, it's when they started outsourcing and competitive tendering everything to the bone that it really nosedived.

dennett316

Nov 2, 2017
Blackpool, UK
The basic idea of it is fine...but man that looks a dry-ass sandwich. Where's the butter? Better yet, where's the gravy to go with the turkey, stuffing and pig in a blanket? Also, why only one of those in there, why not 2 or 3 to fill the damn thing? Would it also kill them to not have the stuffing served as a square and to actually scatter it on the sandwich so a little bit is in each bite?
This looks like a sandwich made by a robot.

May 31, 2021
ok just checked on the elementary school in my hometown (turns out all of the schools in the town get the same meal).

And this is the Xmas meal

Potage de Noël (think vegetable soup)

Rôti de dinde sauce à la châtaigne (turkey roast) /Galette emmental bio (vegan option)
Pommes duchesse
Pommes-duchesse.jpg

Chocolat de Noël (chocolate candy basically from this company apparently www.cemoi.fr)

And like this is public school Xmas lunch.
How the hell does a private school provides such a shitty excuse for an event meal?
It is not a private school though?

Private schools tend to have very good food.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
It is not a private school though?

Private schools tend to have very good food.
It was my understanding it was one, regardless even for a public school it's a disgrace.
I imagine a significant number of parents think this sort of thing builds character.

An actual sausage?! You were lucky...
For us, it's a way to build taste.
You give kids varied quality food, they may not like it but even if the parents are sleeping at the wheels feeding their kids, at least the children know a varied range of taste by default if they get school lunches.

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol you poor Brits.
You have a lot of stuff you all can dunk on us Americans for but you'll never win the food war.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
What a weird way to learn that the UK does Christmas lunches since we don't in the states lol
I think I actually miss the shitty pizza my old middle school used to serve. A thin block of bread w/ oily melted cheese, some flavorless sauce and small bits of meat on top.

summer-school-feeding-program-0d85131e5a299772.jpg
Yep that was the lunch I saw at school. I ate from at home lunches but I would get the pizza for some reason on Mondays when they served it.

I remember liking it for some reason and I just don't get little me lol

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if it was ever real mozzarella on pizzas. Not sure you can tell that easily, there is fake stuff they use these days and I did have an awful slice of pizza in uni which looked okay in the cafeteria but it was cheddar cheese, who does that!