Deleted member 888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some good news

Protesters who have been gathering outside a school to demonstrate against the teaching of same-sex relationships have been banned from the area following a court order.

Birmingham City Council was granted a temporary High Court injunction following several weeks of protests outside Anderton Park Primary School.

The council said it pursued the legal action after the situation became "too serious to tolerate".

It cited "increasing fears for the safety and well-being of the staff, children and parents of the school when they come back from their half-term break".

The leader of Birmingham City Council, Councillor Ian Ward, said: "I'm pleased that common sense has prevailed because children right across Birmingham should be free to attend school safely and without disruption.

"All our schools must be safe spaces and we will not tolerate the ongoing intimidation of parents, hard-working school staff and local residents.

"This interim injunction has been secured in time for the return to school on Monday (3 June) and now hopefully the pupils will be able to continue their education in peace for the remainder of the summer term.

"We'll continue to support the school and its staff and I would urge parents to take this opportunity to engage in constructive dialogue with the school about any concerns they may have."

It also says that people breaking the injunction could be sent to prison.

Education Secretary Damien Hinds said: "I welcome the High Court's decision to put this injunction in place. It is not right to protest in front of schools - it is frightening to children and disrespectful to hard working teachers.