PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
I thought Burnham didn't turn up to a Corbyn celebration event in Manchester when Burnham won the Mayor gig, and he got caught in a sting or something slagging Corbyn off.

Gawge

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry, I may not like it, but the fact is that driving an SUV through Kentish Town is very electable.

Oct 25, 2017
White van men will be queueing up in their droves to vote for him now, rather than that toff cyclist. A smart political operator at play.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Looks like we are almost at the point of getting the anti-semitism report, seems to be somewhere in the middle judging by all the spin.

RellikSK

Nov 1, 2017
Looks like we are almost at the point of getting the anti-semitism report, seems to be somewhere in the middle judging by all the spin.

The people who wrote the Left Out book said on a podcast that the report is not going to lead to the expulsion of Corbyn like some on the right of the party would have hoped for.
I'm mainly looking to see if there was any interference and to what degree of anti-semetism cases from the leadership office or Corbyn himself. It going to be released tomorrow, so will be interesting to say the least. Starmer will probably have a response ready.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
The people who wrote the Left Out book said on a podcast that the report is not going to lead to the expulsion of Corbyn like some on the right of the party would have hoped for.
I'm mainly looking to see if there was any interference and to what degree of anti-semetism cases from the leadership office or Corbyn himself. It going to be released tomorrow, so will be interesting to say the least. Starmer will probably have a response ready.

Yeah, Corbyn and Starmer will both make statements.
The only thing that looks iffy is the infighting not being looked into(for some reason if true) so it looks like Court action is going to happen which Starmer isn't going to like. We all know HQ was a disaster but i don't think the way forward is pretending it's all down to Corbyn and co.

oh good it's a choose your own adventure, that'll help.

I'm not sure how it's going to go but i can't see many swallowing the idea that labour suddenly had a problem when Corbyn took over and then it disappeared when Starmer told off RLB. One minute people are invoking fears and memories of the holocaust and now it's crickets

Last edited:

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Left wing groups are promising legal action if the report doesn't go into HQ undermining Corbyn and they feel the outcome is unbalanced.
So yeah, i think Starmer might have created a headache for himself by wanting to kill everything off so quickly when he took over.

Newman96

Oct 27, 2017
All the labour in-fighting I think has just helped me make my decision to vote for Plaid-Cymru in the next election, I'm just so burnt out with it all.

Deleted member 862

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I liked the part where one of the conclusions of a major report pointed out that the leader's office shouldn't make politically motivated choices or interferer followed an hour later by the leader's office making a politically motivated choice to interfere.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
I liked the part where one of the conclusions of a major report pointed out that the leader's office shouldn't make politically motivated choices or interferer followed an hour later by the leader's office making a politically motivated choice to interfere.
Lol. I just can't today. I'm fucking livid and I'm not even a Labour member or anything (SNP). I'm just amazed they haven't tried to weaponise this against the SNP and find one random batshit crazy member's tweets and bring the whole thing down like they seem to have done with the left of Labour.

RellikSK

Nov 1, 2017
Lisa Nandy getting suspended when?

I haven't listened to it but she could mean the way antisemitism can work is by portraying Jews as powerful and controlling. The more Jews are seen to suceed the more they are viewed as priveleged and in control. This is the thinking behind the George Soros stuff. So punching up in that sense.

To be clear Corbyn has been suspended pending an investigation. Starmer hasn't interfered in anything and if you watched his conference he was at pains to say he shouldn't be making decisions to kick people out of the party himself.

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
had a quick browse of Twitter and I see someone refer to the Greens as 'Green Tories'

that's enough internet based political fighting for today me thinks

for what it's worth, Labour are saying he didn't make the decision

Deleted member 862

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Considering the photographers outside his house told him and it didn't come via the proper channels I find that hard to believe.

Deleted member 862

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

We're supposed to believe this was all handled correctly and nobody can even tell you what rule was broken.

Do me a favour.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
He can be suspended for bringing the party into disrepute would be my arguement if I was David Evans. I believe it was him who made the decision.

Well Corbyn has belatedly clarified what he meant, so hopefully cooler heads prevail, and that means Corbyn starts admitting he has fucked up in some capacity.

RellikSK

Nov 1, 2017
Well Corbyn has belatedly clarified what he meant, so hopefully cooler heads prevail, and that means Corbyn starts admitting he has fucked up in some capacity.

Honeslty the only way I see Corbyn staying in the party right now is if he makes a proper apology, fully admitting to his mistakes as leader and for his past comments/associations. The backlash from Corbyn staying in the party will make Starmer look weak otherwise.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
Hyped about thr British public having to choose between two different of flavour of right wing politics in the future.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
I think the party needs to bury Corbyn and move on.

I never supported him and will be glad to see the back of him - that said, he got a rough ride and was treated unfairly at times.

He's overseen a disastrous period in Labour's history and the longer he's associated with the party, the more damage he does as far as I'm concerned.

He's a backbench MP at best and was never a leader.

I know this seems like I can't stand the bloke, but that's not true. He's a principled man and sticks to his beliefs, but today shows he needs to be removed and forgotten about.

GrizzleBoy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I liked Corby in the very beginning, but at this point my raw, simplistic and unreasonable feeling is that I kind of wish he never existed.

His time as leader has been stressful as fuck at best and potentially country destroying at worst.

Its not that I hate him or even have a strong dislike, I'm just tired of the ineffective nature of his opposition and leadership, regardless of who is/was to blame.

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Hostility; long history of similar behavior.

Last edited:

Combo

Banned
Jan 8, 2019
I am not votin Labour in the next election.
I liked Corby in the very beginning, but at this point my raw, simplistic and unreasonable feeling is that I kind of wish he never existed.

His time as leader has been stressful as fuck at best and potentially country destroying at worst.

Its not that I hate him or even have a strong dislike, I'm just tired of the ineffective nature of his opposition and leadership, regardless of who is/was to blame.

You need to think long term. He was good for the long term. A lot of things changed because of him.

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017

ahh I think I've missed this - could you link?

I was hoping to see that - presumed that his earlier statement may have been made in some form of haste.

RellikSK

Nov 1, 2017
You need to think long term. He was good for the long term. A lot of things changed because of him.

Although I would agree the benefit of Corbyn is pushing the party to the left. You sound like a Brexiteer, talking about the long term positive effect of leaving the EU because in the short term it will be shit. Corbyn lost and handed the Tories a massive majority, you can't spin that away talking about the supposed long term positive effect.

Combo

Banned
Jan 8, 2019
Although I would agree the benefit of Corbyn is pushing the party to the left. You sound like a Brexiteer, talking about the long term positive effect of leaving the EU because in the short term it will be shit. Corbyn lost and handed the Tories a massive majority, you can't spin that away talking about the supposed long term positive effect.

Who would have predicted that the MSM vilification would actually work so well? I thought after Trump and Brexit the electorate would be more willing to disbelieve the MSM.

Brexiteers are wrong about the long term. And I even question if an anti-Brexit centrist would have won against Boris.

Deleted member 862

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

so the leadership were involved.

edit: here's the clip from newsnight. Seems clear Starmer's "consolation" came before a decision had been made.

Last edited:

RellikSK

Nov 1, 2017

Starmer even told Corbyn in advance on what he was going to say. The report itself was pretty damming, he should have made a simple apology, or even just say nothing.

PinkSpider

Oct 27, 2017
Oh god, post the he ran over a cyclist article in the local rag (Hull Live/Traffic page) and they will change their minds on voting Labour again. The amount of anger at (All because people are idiots) cyclists on there and attacks locally is depressing.

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
Incredibly stupid if he was aware and still went out and said something to the contrary of what Keir was going to say.

Especially as he must have known that an intervention like that would further amplify the story...

stubbornness personified

should've really just been a day for Labour as a whole to accept the findings, certainly not appear to be downplaying it (however wronged he felt - it just looks bad), and attempt to draw a like under the issue whilst making the necessary improvements.