Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If the S is still available for pre-order, that should worry MS. To be honest, even I am a little confused by its limitations. It doesn't do 4k, fine...but how will games look on a 1080p TV when compared to the Xbox 1X, and the Series X

I don't believe there'll be any real difference. The X is like three times more powerful than the S, but I heard rendering at 4k basically requires three times the pixels anyway so there likely be very little if any difference between the two on a 1080p TV.

That's why I'm getting an S, since I have no interest in upgrading my TV anyway. The fact it's dirt cheap and I can get one for £21 a month if this All Access thing actually works is just a bonus.

DjRalford

Dec 14, 2017
If the S is still available for pre-order, that should worry MS. To be honest, even I am a little confused by its limitations. It doesn't do 4k, fine...but how will games look on a 1080p TV when compared to the Xbox 1X, and the Series X

It's the perfect second console, but there's no really heavy hitters out for what look to be a couple of years, X will sell as the hardcore will buy it.

Outside of those that want a Gamepass machine for their kids, or for themselves the S doesn't have much appeal at the moment.

Brend

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Not really, day 1 preorders are usually reserved for enthusiasts - who will be trending towards the Series X. Over holiday & Christmas it'll sell most likely.

itfiend

Dec 31, 2019
Don't think anyone needs to worry about Series S. If I had a limited income or was a parent with a limited income and a teen into gaming, I would be all over a series S all access. The mass market will love it.

zero71

Dec 4, 2017
So I have Ultimate on my One X up until April 2022. What happens if I get All Access? Does it stack?

The small print says to wait until you have less than 12 months to run on Ultimate before trying to apply the code they send you for 2 years Ultimate. So wait until May 2021, then apply your code and you'll be good for another 2 years on top until May 24.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd go instore to Smyths if I thought there was a >50% chance they'd be open on 10th November.

zuf

Oct 25, 2017
I can see why manufacturers do limited pre orders now. If it's still on sale 4 hours later it's doomed.

Jump_Button

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They is less rush for xbox seeing as they not going be anything you cant just play on xbox one's you can really just grab one,

Got SS to be my game pass thing

Dec 2, 2017
vtH459X.png

John Lewis don't have a clue.

shodgson8

Shinra Employee
Aug 22, 2018
I can see why manufacturers do limited pre orders now. If it's still on sale 4 hours later it's doomed.

Yeah, they can't really win. If it sells out in minutes everyone complains there is no stock, if it sticks around for hours everyone says people don't want it.

From people on Twitter is sounds like there were actually a lot more Series X's available than the Series S however the former is just a lot more popular day one (likely given the demographic that are going to be picking up console preorders).

RdN

Oct 31, 2017

Lol, what a hot take.

The S is not the target product of the early adopters that are running to retailers to secure a pre-order.

One would think that this is pretty obvious, but ERA keeps surprising us.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Lmao:
www.ebay.co.uk

Xbox Series X Pre Ordered | eBay

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Xbox Series X Pre Ordered at the best online prices at eBay! Free delivery for many products!

Pity they forgot to hide their order number (and all their personal info) properly...
41989912.jpg

Edit: Just to make it clear, I didn't do it, I'm only sharing what I read else where lol.

www.hotukdeals.com

Xbox Series X | S pre-orders live (retailers listed) / Subscribe for updates - hotukdeals

Update (01/10/20) - current stock locations for Xbox Series SAmazonArgosAOGameMicrosoft StoreSmythsTesco7 days until pre-orders open on the Xbox Series X | S (

Last edited:

Deleted member 13077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We're now approaching 5 hours since pre-orders went live, and all access has been available for about 30 mins on one store.

Forearm_Star

Oct 25, 2017
How's it going all US consumer here.
Did everyone get one? Is there still a lot left?

If everyone who wanted on got one that sounds like success in my book.

Woodsey

Oct 29, 2017
Incredible work.

I ended up with 2 S's and 1 X preordered, but the spare two are going to family friends for cost price.

Forearm_Star

Oct 25, 2017
All access is entirely broken. Series S available still, 5 hours after launch. Series X not so much.
Outright orders went pretty well for the most part.

All Access has been an absolute shitshow.

Interesting I was wondering how that would work.

Good to see that MS may have flooded the market to get as many out as possible.

Hope this is the same for here but good to know the X

Deleted member 13077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My one hope right now is the availability of Series S should mean that when All Access does go live then I should be ok to get hold of one.

Puroresu_kid

Oct 28, 2017
My one hope right now is the availability of Series S should mean that when All Access does go live then I should be ok to get hold of one.

I think those retailers and MS really should update us resetting the date for all access orders rather than just leave us waiting not knowing what the fcuk is going on.

Deleted member 59

I have an argos order locked in and an amazon order (both around 8:15am) Will need to wait to see if either turns round and says they cannot guarantee me one at launch. If both guarantee it i'll cancel the other. Was a very stressful 15 minutes!