• The Legend of Zelda: Breath otter Wild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
weirder things have happened, sure, but making a remaster of a game from a series where all 6 games have been nintendo-exclusive ps4-only would be PRETTY weird.

Beje

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, the game is only a remaster and can run fine on the Switch, plus it's a GC original so it makes sense. Didn't like what I played from the game during the GC times, but I'm aware that lots of people want it so it can be a successful remaster.

Besides, it's one of THE couch co-op multiplayer games of that era. The Nintendo demographic is usually very receptive to those kind of games.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If Sony have the Crystal Chronicles reveal on their stage, there's no way that they'd have let Nintendo reveal it themselves a few days earlier. I'm pretty sure it was never planned for last Thursday's Direct.

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
If Sony have the Crystal Chronicles reveal on their stage, there's no way that they'd have let Nintendo reveal it themselves a few days earlier. I'm pretty sure it was never planned for last Thursday's Direct.

Since they only showed a splash screen then I doubt this holds much weight. Would not be surprised if Nintendo had a trailer for it.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
Since they only showed a splash screen then I doubt this holds much weight. Would not be surprised if Nintendo had a trailer for it.

No. There was a full trailer shown. The link just doesn't have it here. Anyway Square does what they want. Just like Atlus. Look at Secret of Mana PS4. So you can't be using them to compare things like "It'll come a year later, etc" They favor Sony.

With that said, doesn't look like they really did anything compared to FFX/FFXII/KH1/2. The game still looks like an aged GCN game. And it doesn't have the PlayStation exclusivity attached like those other games so not sure why it wouldn't be on everything under the planet. Including Xbox since it was a Nintendo thing from the beginning.

Last edited:

Mr_F_Snowman

Oct 27, 2017
Crystal Chronicles remaster PS4 exclusive while Final Fantasy 7 remake now Switch exclusive. Its the obvious play here from Square. Totally what I'm expecting

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i feel like if it was the game's debut, they would make a bigger deal out of it. the announcement makes it seem like the bigger deal was supposed to be made earlier. guess we'll see in a few days if it was supposed to be in the direct or not.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i feel like if it was the game's debut, they would make a bigger deal out of it. the announcement makes it seem like the bigger deal was supposed to be made earlier. guess we'll see in a few days if it was supposed to be in the direct or not.

it's a Gamecube-looking game tho, how big of a deal can you make that out on a stage show

Buzzman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good job on Nintendo for completely letting the air out and any excitement dissipate from any possible announcements/reveals.
I mean, of course I'm not saying they shouldn't have delayed it for a few days, but clearly nobody at TGS had any qualms about it, and they still haven't even confirmed a new date.

lolilolailo

Oct 27, 2017

It's not like Sony or MS or Nintendo only reveal exclusive games in their conferences. There have been thousand of times where they just show a game announced in other conference.

They had the reveal today because of what happened, but maybe they didn't have it until the delay.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good job on Nintendo for completely letting the air out and any excitement dissipate from any possible announcements/reveals.
I mean, of course I'm not saying they shouldn't have delayed it for a few days, but clearly nobody at TGS had any qualms about it, and they still haven't even confirmed a new date.

lol, they're gonna show a smash trailer and the entire internet will only talk about that for a week, they don't need TGS for that

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

It's much harder to reschedule a show in a physical location that people would have booked travel and things for than an online video.

Making Nintendo out to be the bad guys because you get your videogame announcements later, lol.

Deleted member 36557

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Dec 20, 2017
Lol what? Everyone is excited about this Direct. Relax and be a little patient.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Oh no! Nintendo wasn't the first to announce some games. Now these games will never be good!

Deleted member 3700

Oct 25, 2017
Then Nintendo show a new Smash character and the Internet will explode... Don't worry too much. We will get to it. Though I agree they need to give us the date as soon as possible, for sanity sake.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Leaked or announced, but the point is the same.

The Mega Man 11 demo, Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition, Civilization VI, Yoshi's Crafted World, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered... I'm sure all of this was part of the Direct.
New moves in Pokémon Let's Go probably is in it too

Deleted member 31092

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
What is the problem of announcements being made outside of the Direct?

Do people actually care more about the "hype" than the games? It's confusing, we are still gonna get the same games.

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Lol what? Letting the air out...

You'll get a skull kid announcement or banana red Kirby or whatever and the internet will explode.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
at the end of the day, the delay will be completely inconsequential. it matters for a few days on internet maybe, but the important thing [relating to nintendo and video games, not real life matters] is what games are being made for switch, and their success doesn't hinge on them being announced in a direct, it's on their quality and the marketing they get before release.

Zoantharia

Oct 30, 2017

Do people actually care more about the "hype" than the games? It's confusing, we are still gonna get the same games.

Exactly! It's so strange... that and Direct speculation isn't meant to be some sort of intellectual exercise, it's supposed to be fun. No need to get all pissy about it. Let loose.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'll just come in here as well and say that I'm almost crying at that FF CC announcement lol...
I mad elike what...3 threads over the time praising this game and wanting a remaster.

I begged SE in their last big survey to do it.

I'm in heaven rn.

Fry Rumple

Oct 30, 2017
Rennes, France
Leaked or announced, but the point is the same.

The Mega Man 11 demo, Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition, Civilization VI, Yoshi's Crafted World, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered... I'm sure all of this was part of the Direct.
We don't even know if these games are in the Direct. If some of these games are in fact part of the Direct they will only represent a small part (3-5 minutes)

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.

I wouldn't say people care more about hype, but at the same time it is fun to anticipate and look forward to live real-time reveals of upcoming games.

It is more fun to find about about a new game by watching a live trailer together with thousands of fans than by just randomly logging on to era and seeing a thread title.

Buzzman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Of course hype matters. That's the entire point of E3 and why most publishers try to cram as many reveals in as possible. The "e3 of dreams" would not have the same effect if those three announcements would've been staggered throughout the year. It's important for building narratives.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Why do you think companies get exclusive stage demos at E3? Because it helps their brand image. I am obviously not talking about how I personally feel about these games.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll just come in here as well and say that I'm almost crying at that FF CC announcement lol...
I mad elike what...3 threads over the time praising this game and wanting a remaster.

I begged SE in their last big survey to do it.

I'm in heaven rn.

i'm glad for you, i'll probably pick it up but i'm not familiar with those spin-offs at all

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017

Well now we're going to have lots of idiots, during the Direct saying

"Why are they still including this? We know it exists. Wasting time that could be aired for actual announcements." etc.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
It's a shame that wasn't announced first in the Direct. Now I can't be excited for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.