• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
I only have the first volume of this but I loved it, I gotta catch up

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
By the way-from the link in the OP:
https://aux.avclub.com/the-squirrel...s-in-1834952104/amp?__twitter_impression=true

"I'm proud that we got a Squirrel Girl book that ran for 58 issues and an OGN," says North. "I'm proud that the character became popular enough to be the core of a cartoon series (Marvel Rising); a novel spin-off series (Squirrel Girl: Squirrel Meets World and Squirrel Girl: 2 Fuzzy 2 Furious); a TV show pilot (New Warriors); and a director's cut of Avengers: Endgame wherein it is revealed that the master of illusion Mysterio simply made it APPEAR like it was a rat who stepped on that control panel that accidentally freed Ant-Man from the Quantum Realm at the start of Endgame—thereby becoming directly responsible for saving half of all life on Earth—when it was actually a very special squirrel in a pink bow that did it with full intentionality. I can only assume this special Correct Edition Blu-Ray is being released soon."

and:

Squirrel Girl's greatest contribution to the Marvel Universe according to Renzi? "Rehabilitation of supervillains can and does work." Marvel is currently pushing Amazing Spider-Man's "Hunted" story as a new Kraven epic, but it doesn't hold a candle to Kraven's last arc in Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, which did brilliant work turning the hunter into a hero.

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
Still one of my favorite covers:

8d3b77ae1fd17d48af04bab37a3d2a76.jpg
The series has also given us one of the greatest comic covers ever (and a brilliant new take on an old villain).

emm9xIs.jpg
Okay wtf. This is awesome. I hope they release a compendium so I can read it all in one sitting.
OMG if they had made it a squirrel who saves the MCU, Marvel would've won at everything. Everything!

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Also-as some of you might know-my daughter is one of the kids that sent a photo into the letters page in one of the issues in her homemade Squirrel Girl halloween costume. We framed the issue for her and hung it on the wall.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Also-as some of you might know-my daughter is one of the kids that sent a photo into the letters page in one of the issues in her homemade Squirrel Girl halloween costume. We framed the issue for her and hung it on the wall.

Dude, I didn't know this. I know you and I are two of the biggest Squirrel Girl champions on the board, but I had no idea. That's incredible!

Oct 27, 2017
California
I adore this series and am very sad that Ryan's time is coming to an end on it.
It's one of those that I'm not only keeping because I love it, but because I want to gift it to my future daughter one day.
So much wisdom, heart and optimism within those pages. It will definitely be missed.

Oct 25, 2017
Between this and Giant Days ending, my pull list is getting real slim.

I'm going to miss this book so much. Even the recap page would regularly make me laugh.

cfpiqdzoit92otve2qtm.png

ykbadtrkgrkhqhqnbvxs.png

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
Absolutely one of the best runs in marvel history. I really hope they keep a line open for North because he worked some real magic with Doreen here and I'd love to see him tackle someone else some day.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Update:

The final arc started this week and... good lord what a doozy of an issue.

Mordek's back, has kidnapped Brain Drain and has basically outed Squirrel Girl's identity. To make matters worse, she has a massive assortment of villains at her disposal for one sole purpose: send Squirrel Girl six feet under once and for all.

I can't wait to see how it ends.

Deleted member 28461

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Been there since day one. Really sad it's coming to a close, but I'm glad they're doing it on their own terms.

Fantastic book.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Update:

The final arc started this week and... good lord what a doozy of an issue.

Mordek's back, has kidnapped Brain Drain and has basically outed Squirrel Girl's identity. To make matters worse, she has a massive assortment of villains at her disposal for one sole purpose: send Squirrel Girl six feet under once and for all.

I can't wait to see how it ends.

What a great issue! Dat ending!

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Holy shir that issue.

The villains basically have them cornered in Central Park. Sure there's a lot of squirrels there, but I have a feeling they have that covered too.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Again... HOLY SHIT THAT CLIFFHANGER!

Unless there's a speedster in the area, I don't see Squirrel Girl surviving that.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
The final issue comes out tomorrow:

STL136330

Speculation spoilers:

My guess is that Galactus freezes time and for helping him become a better person, Doreen becomes a herald of Galactus, teleporting the bomb away and giving all the bad guys an epic beatdown.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Can't believe it's here. Marvel Comics is in a good spot right now, but no monthly Squirrel Girl is gonna leave a big hole.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017

STL136330

Speculation spoilers:

My guess is that Galactus freezes time and for helping him become a better person, Doreen becomes a herald of Galactus, teleporting the bomb away and giving all the bad guys an epic beatdown.

That cover makes me so nostalgic. What a run.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Had taken a break after Henderson left but I am now slowly catching up on the Derek Charm issues. Loved the Kraven arc.

Oct 25, 2017

STL136330

Speculation spoilers:

Is the guy above Chipmunk Hunk Iron Man? That's not his current facial hair in the book, but don't remember how Henderson drew him.

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017
on the one hand, I'm bummed this is ending, but on the other, I'm glad it got such a long run and didn't get cancelled prematurely.

In for the omnibus for sure.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
what a run it was. I will cherish all the floppies I have and store them away when I get the Omni.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
I thought lithe last issue was a nice sendoff for the comic as well as leaving certain things open in the future.

Dongs Macabre

Oct 26, 2017
The ending hits a lot of the same notes as the ending to Gwenpool and, to some extent, Mister Miracle with that Galactus conversation. Still a nice send-off to Marvel's best and most unique series in recent years.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
And this is why I only read individual Marvel and DC comic runs. You will never get me invested in wider comics universes that, on the whole, adamantly refuse to permanently upend the status quo in any meaningful way.

They actually do kind of address his turn in this latest issue of Squirrel Girl in a really touching way.

Deleted member 60295

Banned
Sep 28, 2019
They actually do kind of address his turn in this latest issue of Squirrel Girl in a really touching way.

Oh, I'm sure they do, cause they have an amazing writer. A good enough writer can make almost anything work. Doesn't disprove my statement though, cause I was talking about Marvel (and DC) on the whole.

Last edited:

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I finally finished it and the ending was perfect. When you finally realize what Galactus is talking about it seriously made me emotional. Also - getting Erica to do a few pages was just perfect. End of an era for sure. I wonder what other property Ryan would write for Marvel? There was a picture of Doop in the background of this issue...