• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Put it in the 30fps racing graveyard with Modnation racers and Driveclub.
Lol you just missed one of the best racing game ever made...

Btw Forza Horizon series too (which I dislike) is at 30fps.
The point is if 30fps are justified, and for Driveclub they are, from what I saw of CTR they aren't.

If the 60fps story on Pro is real I'll buy it, otherwise I'll wait a PC version like I'm doing with Spyro (that have ass frame pacing too, so not even flawless 30fps).

P.s. got Crash trilogy on PS4 at d1 with all platinum, it was hurtful to see it at 60fps on PC.

Naner

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully that's true. Racers should always be at 60fps.

Meanwhile the GOAT kart racer runs a t 6059fps on the Wii U

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
I never complain about 30fps vs 60fps, but this may be the first time. Would expect a game like this to run 60 on even base consoles..

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
*A huge disadvantage in terms of attracting the relatively tiny percentage of the game-playing public who would refuse to buy a game based on whether or not it runs at 60fps.

I'm still amused by people who think that the game running at 30fps means that it won't be one of the biggest selling 3rd Party games of the year.

May 5, 2018
*A huge disadvantage in terms of attracting the relatively tiny percentage of the game-playing public who would refuse to buy a game based on whether or not it runs at 60fps.
I mean, I did clarify that I realized that Framerate is a small fry issue if either the game reviews well and/or if those who are nostalgic for Crash Team Racing will still buy it anyways. I realized I was overreacting to the whole frame rate issue and I'm a Switch owner so if I get this game it'll aim for 30 FPS anyways. Will still say TSR running at 60FPS will give it the visual edge over Crash. Gameplay comparisons will be a whole different story.

Oneself

#TeamThierry
Oct 26, 2017
Montréal, Québec, Canada
So I contacted Beenox directly and their answer didn't confirm nor denied anything.

"... nous n'avons pas d'informations à partager au sujet de cette question! "

Means pretty much "no comments". :|

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Damn thats not good. You really need to target 60 fps for these fast paced kart racers man. Tone down the eye candy wherever needed. Its not going to cost you sales in a genre like this. Cmon now. damn....

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Sonic racing was 30fps on consoles? Damn no wonder everyone played it on PC instead, where it was 60fps.
The first two games were, except the 360 version of 1 which had an unlocked framerate. 60fps for Team Sonic is a good move.

It also looks worse, and is optimized exclusively for a single piece of hardware (and still manages to have frame skipping issues!), while CNK is under multiplatform development for the XB1/XBX/PS4/PS4Pro/Switch. This comparison makes no sense.
Sorry no, MK8 looks appreciably better despite it's mostly baked lighting (artstyle trumps all), is now multiplatform and has no frameskipping issues? It's a solid 60fps on both Wii U and Switch, except one mode on Wii U that repeats one whole frame (consistently).

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah. I mean I liked twinsanity as a standalone game, but it kinda lacked the "Crash essence".
they'd be kinda crazy if they spend any time or money remaking those. the games people have a lot of nostalgia and good memories for are the 4 naughty dog games. the trilogy did exceptionally well, and CTR is going to do well too. they should focus on creating a new game following ND's formula, not harm the brand by putting out remakes of the post-ND games.

Last edited:

Abdulrahman

Oct 30, 2017
People love pretty graphics, and I'm sure 30fps isn't a big deal for many clueless gamers, maybe except when it comes to shooters.

Crash and Spyro remasters are still selling well!
Sonic racing was 30fps on consoles? Damn no wonder everyone played it on PC instead, where it was 60fps.
And it's still a looker on PC. It's better than MK8 when it comes to graphics.

Kendall

Banned
Apr 22, 2019
Yeah, this aint happening. I'll be shocked if it does. The new Spyro the Dragon didn't run better at all on the X and Pro.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
I'm still getting it on Switch, especially when I can enjoy that & Mario Kart 8 Deluxe on one platform once I get them. There's always PC for the superior version.

So are they ever gonna do remakes of Twinsanity and Wrath of Cortex or are those games too unpopular?

they'd be kinda crazy if they spend any time or money remaking those. the games people have a lot of nostalgia and good memories for are the 4 naughty dog games. the trilogy did exceptionally well, and CTR is going to do well too. they should focus on creating a new game following ND's formula, not harm the brand by putting out remakes of the post-ND games.

They're most likely only doing the remakes of the four Naughty Dog Crash games (Crash 1, 2, Warped & Team Racing) & then moving on.

No one's going to care about the rest, especially when the majority of them are inferior to the games I've mentioned above.

Last edited:

¡Hip Hop!

Nov 9, 2017
These kind of games look/feel much better at 60fps than whatever back-of-the-box effects they added that pushed it down to 30. Lame all around.

Treasure Silvergun

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 4, 2017
Kinda baffling for a racing game. I was always told that racing games HAVE to go for 60fps.
The original CTR runs at 30 fps, LOL.

I guess you haven't seen games like Stunt Race FX either.

60 is better but people should really get a grip on reality and stop acting like 30fps is unplayable. Seriously, there's always better but this don't mean anything less than the best is shit.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017

60 is better but people should really get a grip on reality and stop acting like 30fps is unplayable. Seriously, there's always better but this don't mean anything less than the best is shit.
and 20 years ago that was fine. Today, there are higher technical standards.

Treasure Silvergun

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 4, 2017
and 20 years ago that was fine. Today, there are higher technical standards.
This doesn't make 30fps unplayable by any means.

Anyway, anyone who has higher technical standards likely has the hardware to achieve them. Bitching about 30fps on 2013 hardware in 2019 is beating a long-dead horse. Devs have other priorities and we know it.

If the game were 60fps on all consoles people would be bitching about the inevitable drop in resolution and you know it.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
I'm so happy for all of you CTR fans who are getting this remake. You guys should be happy and grateful it's happening at all.

Meanwhile us Diddy Kong Racing fans are sulking in the corner lamenting nothing will ever happen with that game ever again while we bury our Diddy Kong Racing DS carts deep underground where it belongs.

Hell, I'd kill for a straight port of the N64 original in all its 15 FPS glory.

I agree with both of you. It isn't the end of the world just because this upcoming game isn't at a full 60 FPS.

I don't know what people expect; The base PS4 & Xbox One (& probably Xbox One X & PS4 Pro as well) are running off of very weak CPU's. Over time from a certain console's release, games start to get more graphic & CPU intensive, & the originals won't be able to keep up. And it's been six years since both PS4 & Xbox One have been released.

It's time for new hardware, & hope that both Microsoft & Sony don't cheap out on the CPU's the next go around just to save some dough.