• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
C776658971F10A92AD3C6D3932B9C9258F4C4BBD

This game was fun in the sense that after round 5 I didn't lose a single round, destroyed other comps and npcs with ease. Eidolons perfectly balanced. Didn't even bother to give the claymore to either Lycan or Sand King.

Splatbang

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Some dude in my game just now had an arc warde with blink, that has to be illegal.

edit: yeah, I think they also improved his ai so he should not jump around as much once he has a target.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think Venomancer is balanced now, because you always have 3 or 4 people going after him, so it's difficult to 3 stars him early if ever. Yeay. If however only one player focuses on him and gets it to 3 stars early, wooosh.
When I have room on my squad and money to spare, I always tend to buy one or two VM and AW when I see them. I can sell them back when I need the space/the money, and at least it lowers the chance of someone getting them all max...

Randdalf

Oct 28, 2017
Just had a game where I was the only one going Primordial, managed to get two refreshers and two 2* Arc Wardens, but messed it up and came third ☹️

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Some dude in my game just now had an arc warde with blink, that has to be illegal.

edit: yeah, I think they also improved his ai so he should not jump around as much once he has a target.

Any of the Primordials with blink is pretty stupid. It's ridiculous on Tiny. Transport to the back line and pretty much has an instant throw.

I had a game where I put a blink on Tiny and Razor and they just fucked everything up. Too much disarm, CC, and AOE. lol

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Via twitter
We'll be releasing an update early next week to address:
Primordials Alliance
Hunters
Arc Warden
Arc Warden
Arc Warden
Arc Warden

Thanks for all the feedback you've sent our way, we couldn't do this without you all.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Via twitter
Primordials Alliance
Hunters
Arc Warden
Arc Warden
Arc Warden
Arc Warden

Thanks for all the feedback you've sent our way, we couldn't do this without you all.
I thought you were kidding but holy shit that being legit has me dying. The comment section is a treat. I really love the community for this game, its been a blast with all the OP bullshit memes.

Deleted member 28523

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I wonder how they'll buff Hunters. Who makes sense to turn into a Hunter? They were already bad but Medusa being at 5 cost kills it. maybe Slardar could be a hunter?

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Via twitter
Primordials Alliance
Hunters
Arc Warden
Arc Warden
Arc Warden
Arc Warden

That's hilarious. I do wonder though how they palytested them, because it's already bullshit as soon you get a tiny and razor in earlygame. They also must have tested the global item for them, right? After 3 games it was clear to me this is busted.

Won

Oct 27, 2017
Well, got 2 games wit Arc Warden and Refresher and one with Blink Dagger. I had my fun. I will allow a nerf.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I wonder how they'll buff Hunters. Who makes sense to turn into a Hunter? They were already bad but Medusa being at 5 cost kills it. maybe Slardar could be a hunter?
But Slardar is't good, either. Maybe Luna instead of elusive? Or just make Viper Dragon/Hunter/Assasin. They are bound to bring some more units at some point either way though. It's kind of baffling they haven't added a single piece since launch.

Randdalf

Oct 28, 2017
I was thinking that you could build an AI which you can use to exhaustively test the game balance before releasing it. I guess it might require a few simplifications to the game simulation, but it should be possible. You don't actually need to teach the AI how to play the game either; an MCTS approach should be viable.

Kalamour

Oct 25, 2017
Do we have any info on how long the protopass is going to last? I'm wondering if I'll have time to level up before it ends.

Deleted member 28523

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
But Slardar is't good, either. Maybe Luna instead of elusive? Or just make Viper Dragon/Hunter/Assasin. They are bound to bring some more units at some point either way though. It's kind of baffling they haven't added a single piece since launch.
You say Slardar isn't good and then give me Viper? Viper isn't good either! lol

If Slardar is Hunter/Warrior/Scaled I think he would be significantly better. Retaliate is a nutty ability. Hunters lack the frontline now that Tidehunter is out. his single target armor reduce is what Hunters want to do. High damage/single target. Or maybe they'll just add some of those new heroes people have spotted in their datamining.

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Curious about what they'll do to hunters. Also, can we talk about Deadeye? What's the point of a sub-category of hunters whose bonus is "having less shitty AI"?

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder how they'll nerf Arc Warden. One of the changes has to be stopping any copies from counting to the round damage.

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing how broken AW currently is and how people are complaining about an army of illusions:
the week when they introduce the Phantom Lancer to Underlords will be amazing!

Guess there's some fair share of Underlords players that don't play Dota and aren't aware of the full hero pool.

DealWithIt

Oct 28, 2017

Yeah I called this build a meme, but I finally played it:

2 AW, 1 w/ brooch of the aggressor. 1 CM- 3 mages, 2 scaled and troll alliance buff. It was stupidly good.

I was wrong. It's freaking annoying to lose to the build too, because you're worse off if you get the fight down to a close match. then you get 73 AWs hitting you.

I got to BB2 on the Arc Warden game, but I feel kinda bad about it.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
I'm liking the patch a lot, there's issues with some units but overall I feel the builds feel more varied and interesting. Pre patch every game felt the same.

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
Ow!, those neutrals with Lifesteal. Wrecks me 90% of the time.

They're stronger than Yearbeast lol

Splatbang

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Yeah, I've never gotten past the lifesteal neutrals without a stun. Is it even possible? That said, I really like the neutral rounds now.

Morgfyre

Oct 31, 2017
Qde0Jyj.png

I think this is my most proud first place. That's 3x L3 Check The Bodies there. I was literally getting 20-40g a round after rolling to 0g every turn. What you don't see is my bench which had a L2 Alchemist, L1 Alchemist, 2 Gyrocopters, 1 Techies on it.

I only started transitioning to Scrappy/Mech after I got the first L3 Check The Bodies, and the combined Scrappy/Mech health regen is absolutely insane (I had 50k healing due to their health regen) and they were super durable. The L1 techies even survived a L2 gyro ult.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
The Round 30 Dinos are more ridiculous than the AWpocalypse for sure. You don't want to go with a zoo strat cause it just feeds them, low health strats won't last long enough despite the fact that you starve em, and the only thing that can truly take em down is a Mage Team with instant AOE for quick damage.
Qde0Jyj.png

I think this is my most proud first place. That's 3x L3 Check The Bodies there. I was literally getting 20-40g a round after rolling to 0g every turn. What you don't see is my bench which had a L2 Alchemist, L1 Alchemist, 2 Gyrocopters, 1 Techies on it.

I only started transitioning to Scrappy/Mech after I got the first L3 Check The Bodies, and the combined Scrappy/Mech health regen is absolutely insane (I had 50k healing due to their health regen) and they were super durable. The L1 techies even survived a L2 gyro ult.
Now this is my kinda game. I would love to achieve this one day.

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017

good lord

how fast was your tinker shooting

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's hilarious. I do wonder though how they palytested them, because it's already bullshit as soon you get a tiny and razor in earlygame. They also must have tested the global item for them, right? After 3 games it was clear to me this is busted.
They are crunching.
I don't think they are playtesting or trying to balance competitively

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
Was playing cancer comp but these 2 mages always wrecks me man.

Still, AW with Blink is nuts.

vr9CumI.jpg

m3s0cqB.jpg

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I am not gonna lie, this new meta is making it super easy to climb the rank ladder and cash in on the protopass. Escaped outlaw these last few days and protobots despite being as smart as they can be are a quick way to get to level 9 for the pass.

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This game needs a replay feature to help understand what happened after a game. I was middle of the pack with an unexceptional blend of brawn , warriors and ferals, and one of the other guys had full primordial plus crystal maiden. He destroyed me each time we fought, but I was holding my own against everyone else, so I thought "ok, I can aim for second place". Final game, just him and me, he beats me on my board, I have a little HP left, and... I win. Somehow my units win on his boards, and he must have lost much more HP to the other players without me noticing... But yeah, it feels a bit underwhelming to win without knowing why.
My best bet would be Sand King with blink dagger immediately targeting his AW by chance while not being targeted, then him rushing through his back line stunning everyone at the perfect angle. Blink Sand King has been surprisingly handy when I don't get anything better.

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
About time, been stuck in LTIV/V for 2 patches now lol

sBb51Gi.jpg

Go abuse AW era while it last boys

Status
Not open for further replies.