André

Oct 25, 2017
Europe
Verum Rex's tagline being "Reclaim Your Heart" may also be relevant when you consider the secret ending and what happened to Sora at the end of the game.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
Ultimania soon will be great.

Something I never noticed: Sora's crown necklace and the crown logo in general comes from the Kingdom Keys teeth cut out. I don't know how I didn't know that, but I saw someone cutting the teeth out on a custom kingdom key keyblade and it blew my mind.

MD0xsoZ.png

Last edited:

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Ultimania soon will be great.

Something I never noticed: Sora's crown necklace and the crown logo in general comes from the Kingdom Keys teeth cut out. I don't know how I didn't know that, but I saw someone cutting the teeth out on a custom kingdom key keyblade and it blew my mind.

Now that you mention Sora's necklace, is it just me or does it look tighter to his neck this time around?

hydrophilic attack

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
so xehanort sort of just gives up at the end and/or was a decent dude all along

and maleficent and pete do literally nothing the entire game. fucking ephemer has a bigger impact than maleficent

sora and riku in shinjuku is cool though! are we supposed to know who the other people in the secret ending are?

oh and do we know what girl saix and lea are talking about? and who we're talking to with the stars in the final world?

oh and what tf was young xehanort going on about near the end? sora is doomed...somehow? i kept expecting an additional battle at the end because of that talk

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
so xehanort sort of just gives up at the end and/or was a decent dude all along

and maleficent and pete do literally nothing the entire game. fucking ephemer has a bigger impact than maleficent

sora and riku in shinjuku is cool though! are we supposed to know who the other people in the secret ending are?

oh and do we know what girl saix and lea are talking about? and who we're talking to with the stars in the final world?

oh and what tf was young xehanort going on about near the end? sora is doomed...somehow? i kept expecting an additional battle at the end because of that talk

Xehanort was pretty chill about giving up once he realized he lost, but he was definitely not good. He still wanted to eraticate all life in the universe to make an empty world.

I got nothing for Pete/Maleficent, it was weird. Basically just reminding you they're around for future games I guess.

The other people in the secret ending are Yozora (from the Verum Rex game) and, presumably, the Master of Masters.
Edit: Oh and Sora might be in the TWEWY version of Shibuya due to the 104 building being shown.

We don't know definitively but the popular theories are that Skuld is the girl Isa and Lea were friends with, and Strelitzia is the nameless star.

hydrophilic attack

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Xehanort was pretty chill about giving up once he realized he lost, but he was definitely not good. He still wanted to eraticate all life in the universe to make an empty world.

I got nothing for Pete/Maleficent, it was weird. Basically just reminding you they're around for future games I guess.

The other people in the secret ending are Yozora (from the Verum Rex game) and, presumably, the Master of Masters.
Edit: Oh and Sora might be in the TWEWY version of Shibuya due to the 104 building being shown.

We don't know definitively but the popular theories are that Skuld is the girl Isa and Lea were friends with, and Strelitzia is the nameless star.
whaaat yozora?

damn that's cool

hm so skuld and strelitzia huh? i guess we have to keep following chi then. it's such a drag..

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
whaaat yozora?

damn that's cool

hm so skuld and strelitzia huh? i guess we have to keep following chi then. it's such a drag..

Based on the way KH3 presents Union Cross stuff that we "already know" as mysterious, I think UX is more like "supplementary explanation and content" that is really cool for people who want to follow it, and Nomura intends to explain stuff as it comes up in the console games

ULTROS!

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did they ever reveal Larxene's real name?

My money goes on:
Demyx = Myde or Medy
Luxord - Lourd or Droul

Seriously, the X names were fine but removing their X's and giving them their real names seems retconned.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
Did they ever reveal Larxene's real name?

My money goes on:
Demyx = Myde or Medy
Luxord - Lourd or Droul

Seriously, the X names were fine but removing their X's and giving them their real names seems retconned.
Their real names were known when the X names were created. Just not to the public, its revealed as much in KH2

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017

Xehanort when to heaven and even got his youth back like he wanted, he got a very good deal despite being the satan of the series

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Btw who is lu xu? It seems to be important but i cant relate

Some suddenly ultra important character from the mobile game. The best apprentice of the master of masters or something like that. So even him is not the end end boss.

Though I have to say Nomura seems to have been planning something important for Xigbar since the BbS times at least

KingdomKey

Oct 27, 2017
I like how Xigbar says that Sora isn't even half the hero than the others were, in KH2. When BBS became a thing that line referred to Aqua, Ven and Terra, but that could have another meaning now that he apparently was Luxu all along.

I wasn't all that surprised that he had a bigger role to play considering how he has quite a lot of screentime overall in the series, compared to most villains and from my understanding he conducted the search for the box in KH3.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Nomura on KH3 critical mode missing in KH3
"Critical mode has been Final Mix additional thing in the past, so we will release it later. We don't want to just end in adjusting damage numbers, but we constantly adjust/debug it. We don't want it just hard, but fun and challenging."

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Critical Mode for KH3 being more than just damage adjustments is amazing news. Sounds like they're going for the same approach as with KH2FM.

Been playing the Critical Mode you can get via save hacking (leftover code from 0.2) and have been enjoying that but I'm really looking forward to this proper mode.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Nomura on KH3 DLC:
Until now we release separate "Final Mix" package, but this time we want to add every additional content via DLC. As for free DLC, we will roll out whatever we finish first, but for paid DLC we want to combine a lot of things so it will take time. But we want to finish working on the DLC by this year and team to move on to the next game.

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
"Critical mode has been Final Mix additional thing in the past, so we will release it later. We don't want to just end in adjusting damage numbers, but we constantly adjust/debug it. We don't want it just hard, but fun and challenging."
that's what i wanted to hear, i hope the crit mode they eventually put out is really good

Akai

Oct 25, 2017

Nomura on KH3 DLC:
Until now we release separate "Final Mix" package, but this time we want to add every additional content via DLC. As for free DLC, we will roll out whatever we finish first, but for paid DLC we want to combine a lot of things so it will take time. But we want to finish working on the DLC by this year and team to move on to the next game.

I can get behind this. Almost 2 weeks, since I beat the game, and I'm already craving more.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Nomura sounds so fucking burnt out after KH3..

Q: There are few Org members we don't know the real name, and stuff like Isa's scar is still mystery. Will you talk about these in the future?

Nomura: If we make a sequel we might have opportunity to talk about it, but right now my desire is blank.

Another part on the sequel

Nomura: We have been receiving a lot of message regarding the next KH game, but honestly we haven't decided anything on even making the next game. My plans for the year is already filled up.

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Oooh, the KH3 news finally trickles. Excited and planned DLC to finish by the end of the year sounds great!
Guessing this is from the Ultimania?

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Should this get it's own thread?

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
From google translate but
Mr. Tetsuya Nomura: This form is quite different from "Kingdom Hearts II", so we decided to change all the names. Although Rage has certain characteristics that make her reminisce of anti, it is set as another thing for the time being. Anti was imagining Sora completely dyed in darkness, but Rage is not an image there, it is an image that is in a runaway condition dominated by the emotions of anger.

Ironically I feel like we got Rageform included because of Nomuras burning rage.
Should this get it's own thread?
I think it should, but we should probably wait until the full interview translation's out. Seems like it might have some other details about DLC.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Does the ending imply that Sora brought Kairi back but himself got lost somewhere else?
Not sure how that would even work, unless he traded places with her.

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Xion getting her own DLC would make sense. If they wanted to make her playable they could simply give her Sora's moves.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Xion will be explained in DLC
The Nameless Star is a character from the series like people speculate. You will know who it is IF they make a sequel

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Might not be FFXV style DLC with episodes, I hope they focus more on the main game side of things anyway.
I took the Xion explanation to be introduced through more cutscenes for example, something the FMs have done before, so not out the range of possibility for that to happen.
I guess I'd like the option to play as other characters in certain areas at any time, but hope the focus stays on Sora.

Don't think I'd really mind FFXV style episodes anyway, but more hoping the main game's flaws and things it's lacking are improved too.

Last edited:

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
The Xion thing to me sounds like it'd be a cutscene giving more context, but dear lord what I wouldn't give for a short DLC scenerio like XV had with episodes.

I know Nomura hates the season pass model, but Kingdom Hearts is so ripe for that sort of stuff. Come to think of it Xion's never been playable in the series officially either (minus Days multiplayer)

I'm really really curious as to what exactly the free DLC and the paid DLC are now. I'm sure some of it will be Final Mix style improvements, but it definitely does sound like it's gonna be a bit different to what we usually get.

Also the KH3 Ultimania's out tomorrow, along with the next Union X update for anyone that's interested.
Xion will be explained in DLC
The Nameless Star is a character from the series like people speculate. You will know who it is IF they make a sequel
It's gonna be painful having only Union X monthly updates as our teasing for the next Kingdom Hearts game for the next couple of years :(

Last edited:

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
What I wouldn't give for a playable Xion DLC... but I am already pretty satisfied with the current explanation I've found, so I'm kind of worried if they expound on that. If it's only scenes though, that'll be good. It's absolutely unclear how she got back and I only understood it thanks to a Twitter post I luckily stumbled upon.

I'm surprised to hear they're hoping to do the Final Mix DLC within the year, but then again, I suppose that aligns with past releases. They can take their time with it as far as I'm concerned though, as there are quite a lot of areas that can be improved upon, so I'd rather they take the time to make the "update" as good as it can be.

Irrelevant side note: Looking at their moves in the game, I'd actually prefer playing as Kairi or Axel since not only do they have more moves but they'd be more interesting. In terms of characters though, I prefer Xion over the two of them so in the end, I don't think I'd mind it much if she was a re-skinned Sora.

Last edited: