• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, but he says in the Dengeki interview that the black coated figures at Scala ad Caelum were the Organization replicas. Also, Xion never died, yet one of the replicas uses her keyblade. The same happens with Xigbar. The only way this makes sense is if Vexen kind of made a whole lot of replicas. The entire Scala ad Caelum segment is implied to be happening inside Xehanort's heart too so maybe the twelve pieces of his heart came back manifesting themselves as the replicas or something.
Are we sure Xigbar didn't die? Why couldn't Xigbar in the post credits be a recompleted Xigbar, now free from Nort influence?

Would make a bit of sense to finally un-Nobody yourself if you're done playing your part as one. Unless I totally missed that he still wants to use that form for something.

Last edited:

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Are we sure Xigbar didn't die? Why couldn't Xigbar in the post credits be a recompleted Xigbar, now free from Nort influence?

Would make a bit of sense to finally un-Nobody yourself if you're done playing your part as one. Unless I totally missed that he still wants to use that form for something.

Xigbar is the only one we don't actually see fade away when we beat him, he makes a big production to teleport away and fall dramatically off a cliff. I think the implication that he was faking his death is pretty clear. Also he calls himself Xigbar in the epilogue, right? His completed form went by Braig (though of course that's not definitive since Lea decided to go by Axel again).

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Xigbar is the only one we don't actually see fade away when we beat him, he makes a big production to teleport away and fall dramatically off a cliff. I think the implication that he was faking his death is pretty clear. Also he calls himself Xigbar in the epilogue, right? His completed form went by Braig (though of course that's not definitive since Lea decided to go by Axel again).

Good points. Alternatively though, he could have simply been killing his Nobody form on his own terms since he's clearly a powerful and influential enough dude to not be slayed by some punk with a Keyblade. In other words he was just playing along with Sora, knew Sora couldn't actually finish him off, but wanted to forge one of the 13 Keyblades and be done with his role so he exploded his form on the ground below.

Not sure though, either could be true I suppose. It all stands on if he is actually still a Nobody or not. He has Xehanort's Keyblade now, right? Does that fact make a difference?

Oct 25, 2017
But Vexen had already returned to Radiant Garden to help Roxas come back. If we assume they thought Vexen and Demyx were still true Org members at that point, chronologically Riku Replica would be the last one member revealed for the heroes to assume that they already knew the 13 darknesses.

None of them even knew that Demyx was back; he never encountered any of the heroes. There's no indication that they knew Vexen was on their side, either. There wouldn't have been a need to grab a replica body for Namine if they knew they could just make more.

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017

I unforunately can't find the screenshot, but I believe someone did post a screenshot from the Ultimania on twitter translating the organization members status at the end of the game/after the war and Xigbars had that he had become human/been recompleted again, so presumably he may have.

Nov 19, 2017
I unforunately can't find the screenshot, but I believe someone did post a screenshot from the Ultimania on twitter translating the organization members status at the end of the game/after the war and Xigbars had that he had become human/been recompleted again, so presumably he may have.
Here with translation along with the screenshot: https://www.reddit.com/r/KingdomHearts/comments/awu5mg/kh3_the_real_organizations_members_explained/

The question mark about his human status isn't the poster's note, it's actually in the Ultimania:
3HdxtFr.jpg

So it seems to be up in the air as to whether Luxu actually recompletes Braig or not.

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
So I finally beat the game, pretty awesome ending. I'm glad Luxord and Demyx got more screen time, but I wished it was a bit more. Demyx sorta got dropped after he gave over the replica, and Luxord (my fav) gave Sora an unexplained wild card.

I hope this means we'll see them again and not just in a mobile game cutscene.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
For anyone that can't see it:

Name-----------------------------------------How They Exist-----------------------------------------------------------------------What Happened After the Battle

Master Xehanort--------------------------------Human-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Eliminated(ascends)

Young Xehanort---------------------------------Replica containing Young Xehanort's heart from the past---------Eliminated(returns to the past)

Terra-Xehanort--------------------------Terra's body containing Terra-Xehanort's heart from the past-----------Terra's heart returns to its body, reviving ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Terra (Terra-Xehanort's heart is eliminated)

Ansem---------------------------------------------Replica containing Ansem's heart from the past------------------------Eliminated

Xemnas-----------------------------------------Replica containing Xemnas' heart from the past---------------------------Eliminated

Vanitas--------------------------------------------Replica containing Vanitas' heart from the past--------------------------Eliminated

Xigbar----------------------------------------------Himself(Nobody)--------------------------------------------------------------------------Survives and returns as a human(?)

Vexen (reserve)----------------------------Himself (Nobody)--------------------------------------------------------------------------Becomes human again and survives -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------without being struck down

Saïx------------------------------------------------Himself(Nobody)----------------------------------------------------------------------------Becomes human again and survives

Demyx (reserve)-----------------------------Himself (Nobody)--------------------------------------------------------------------------Becomes human again and survives(?)

Luxord---------------------------------------------Himself (Nobody)------------------------------------------------------------------------Becomes human again and survives(?)

Marluxia------------------------------------------Himself (Nobody)------------------------------------------------------------------------Becomes human again and survives(?)

Larxene------------------------------------------Herself (Nobody)----------------------------------------------------------------------------Becomes human again and survives(?)

Dark Riku---------------------------------------Replica containing Riku Replica's heart from the past--------------Eliminated, leaving an empty replica vessel-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------behind (the vessel is later used by Naminé)

Xion----------------------Replica containing Xion's heart from when she first joined Organization XIII-----Regains her memories from her original ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------heart within Sora, becoming a guardian of ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------light

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
So I finally beat the game, pretty awesome ending. I'm glad Luxord and Demyx got more screen time, but I wished it was a bit more. Demyx sorta got dropped after he gave over the replica, and Luxord (my fav) gave Sora an unexplained wild card.

I hope this means we'll see them again and not just in a mobile game cutscene.

Luxord and Demyx are going to be important to the next saga as well as Larxene and Marluxia.

And Nomura said Luxord's card may be the key to Sora's return.

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
So Vanitas was also a time-travel heart in a replica body, not him being reformed by the negative emotions in the Monsters Inc world?

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Xion----------------------Replica containing Xion's heart from when she first joined Organization XIII-----Regains her memories from her original ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------heart within Sora, becoming a guardian of ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------light

Huh, guess that sort of answers xion's origins ish. Weird choice by them to be like "You know that vessel who betrayed us before? Wouldn't it be cool to bring them back?"

I guess they brought back Marluxia and Larxene despite them doing the exact same though lol.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
So Vanitas was also a time-travel heart in a replica body, not him being reformed by the negative emotions in the Monsters Inc world?

Remember that the translators might have mistranslated it.

Or the dub did. Hard to say.

The dub positions Vanitas as someone that resurrected himself.

It could be just that Vanitas was feeding off of negative emotions. Kinda like Pennywise from IT.

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Honestly I was never a fan of the "reformed from negative emotions" explanation. Vanitas is a specific thing, the darkness extracted from Ventus' heart. I don't feel like something as vague/general as negative emotions should be enough for him to come back. Why would random scared children's emotions specifically revive evil-Ventus? Makes no sense. So I'd prefer if this time travel explanation were true.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Honestly I was never a fan of the "reformed from negative emotions" explanation. Vanitas is a specific thing, the darkness extracted from Ventus' heart. I don't feel like something as vague/general as negative emotions should be enough for him to come back. Why would random scared children's emotions specifically revive evil-Ventus? Makes no sense. So I'd prefer if this time travel explanation were true.

I mean I guess you could say that it makes him stronger or something.

He's in Monsters Inc because he likes to feed off of negative emotions like Pennywise the Clown.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
The only real issue I have with these explanations of Vanitas is that Goofy says that Ventus never managed to strike him down... so wouldn't it make just as much sense that he was licking his wounds while all this was happening, and it's just been him in his original body all along?

It's one of the least egregious things about the plot so I'm not really bothered by it either way.

Nov 19, 2017
It could be just that Vanitas was feeding off of negative emotions. Kinda like Pennywise from IT.
That's probably right. Maybe he was really weak until the Unversed fed off the screams in Monstropolis?

We know from BBS that Vanitas is the one that creates Unversed and they cannot exist without him (if I recall correctly), so the Ultimania explanation is more consistent with previous canon.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
The only real issue I have with these explanations of Vanitas is that Goofy says that Ventus never managed to strike him down... so wouldn't it make just as much sense that he was licking his wounds while all this was happening, and it's just been him in his original body all along?

It's one of the least egregious things about the plot so I'm not really bothered by it either way.

Actually what Goofy says is that Ventus and Vanitas struck each other down.

Remember that characters can be wrong. Mickey thought Dark Riku was Riku possessed by Ansem.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Actually what Goofy says is that Ventus and Vanitas struck each other down.

Remember that characters can be wrong. Mickey thought Dark Riku was Riku possessed by Ansem.
I mean, that's fine, I guess?

It'd be bad writing to be wrong, since Goofy is like the only reasonable voice in the game and the vessel for characters to catch up to the plot so he better know his shit or we're just being obtuse for the sake of it.

But it doesn't really matter anyway.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I really kind of wish the new Org. XIII had more actual y'know... Xehanort incarnations in it. Would've been neat to see a middle aged Xehanort or a version of him with his keyblade armor. If they were going to go with the idea of a Org. made up of Xehanorts, they should have went all in.

As it stands, it mostly just rehashes past series' villains. Worst part is, the fact that the roster is mostly rehashed is even explicitly pointed out in game.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
I really kind of wish the new Org. XIII had more actual y'know... Xehanort incarnations in it. Would've been neat to see a middle aged Xehanort or a version of him with his keyblade armor. If they were going to go with the idea of a Org. made up of Xehanorts, they should have went all in.

As it stands, it mostly just rehashes past series' villains. Worst part is, the fact that the roster is mostly rehashed is even explicitly pointed out in game.
It's definitely weird that Xehanort in his full keyblade armor doesn't happen in this when that armor *does* appear in KH2 and in BBSFM.

Instead we get the new Scapegoat armor designed to be more reminiscent of the Foretellers.

Also, as far as character design nerdery is concerned, I kinda wish they'd gone for making sure every single Org member this time had a Keyblade. Saix and Xigbar, at the very least, have weapons that could pretty easily be adapted to look more like Keyblades just like we saw with Lea.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Also, as far as character design nerdery is concerned, I kinda wish they'd gone for making sure every single Org member this time had a Keyblade. Saix and Xigbar, at the very least, have weapons that could pretty easily be adapted to look more like Keyblades just like we saw with Lea.
Also, throughout the entirety of KH3 I kept wondering why nobody ever bequeaths Donald and Goofy a Keyblade. They'd be more than capable and it's easy enough, isn't it? Obvious from a gameplay perspective why they don't, though.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
Was Vanitas a replica? Did they confirm that? I thought he was just reformed because of Monsters Inc.

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Was Vanitas a replica? Did they confirm that? I thought he was just reformed because of Monsters Inc.

In the dub he straight up says he was reformed, but the translation from Ultimania that TheGunslinger posted states he was a replica with Vanitas' heart from the past. So either the dub just made that up (seems unlikely), the Ultimania translation is wrong (seems like that would be a difficult mistake to make but what do I know), or the Ultimania is right but Vanitas was lying to Sora, like Dark Riku. Not sure what that would accomplish though.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
It's definitely weird that Xehanort in his full keyblade armor doesn't happen in this when that armor *does* appear in KH2 and in BBSFM.

Instead we get the new Scapegoat armor designed to be more reminiscent of the Foretellers.

The armor is explained in the Ultimania too. Xehanort used No Heart when he was younger, and got new armor when he got older.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017

Its not weird. The entire point of the keyblade armor is to keep the darkness out when travelling to other worlds. Xehanort wouldn't want that would he? Considering he is literally using Darkness as his main power source. So he has new armor which is likely some sort of "Dark" Armor.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017

I think this is my favorite of the orchestral renditions of the theme songs. That dissonance at 1:41 is just delicious.

Jun 12, 2018
Rewatching some scenes, I gotta give nomura credit, even though most of the story was all over the place, the final moments of each of the Organization members was amazing.

"My first surge of emotion in years...for as long as I can remember...and it's....loneliness. Do you see? A heart is just.......pain."
Damn Xemnas. Damn.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Rewatching some scenes, I gotta give nomura credit, even though most of the story was all over the place, the final moments of each of the Organization members was amazing.

"My first surge of emotion in years...for as long as I can remember...and it's....loneliness. Do you see? A heart is just.......pain."
Damn Xemnas. Damn.

I kinda liked this a lot because it continues well off of KH II.

Sora:A heart is more than just hate and rage. Don't you remember?

Xemnas: Unfortunately, I don't.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
The first is bad and uncool and the second isn't as cool
I agree Keyblade armors should have made a come back especially because I hate the gummiships. But thats the reasoning. Plus if Donald and Goofy want to travel with Sora they'd need Armor too and Goofy keyblade armor would be hilarious.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I fucking hate that cause it's Nomura trying to have his cake and eat it too.

Like motherfucker YOU WROTE DDD

YOU CAN'T HAVE BOTH XEMNAS'

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I agree Keyblade armors should have made a come back especially because I hate the gummiships. But thats the reasoning. Plus if Donald and Goofy want to travel with Sora they'd need Armor too and Goofy keyblade armor would be hilarious.
Give me more henshins, Nomura. It's the only way that the series can get better.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Was there ever a canon explanation for

1. Form Changes
2. Attraction Flow
3. Shotlock

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

Damn Xemnas. Damn.

I just wish at least one of the Org members' final words were THIS LOOKS LIKE A GOOD SPOT TO FIND SOME INGREDIENTS.

Probably Xigbar.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Know one thing I hate that KH does.

When bosses of playable characters have moves you don't get.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
For anyone that can't see it:

Name-----------------------------------------How They Exist-----------------------------------------------------------------------What Happened After the Battle

Master Xehanort--------------------------------Human-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Eliminated(ascends)

Young Xehanort---------------------------------Replica containing Young Xehanort's heart from the past---------Eliminated(returns to the past)

Terra-Xehanort--------------------------Terra's body containing Terra-Xehanort's heart from the past-----------Terra's heart returns to its body, reviving ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Terra (Terra-Xehanort's heart is eliminated)

Ansem---------------------------------------------Replica containing Ansem's heart from the past------------------------Eliminated

Xemnas-----------------------------------------Replica containing Xemnas' heart from the past---------------------------Eliminated

Vanitas--------------------------------------------Replica containing Vanitas' heart from the past--------------------------Eliminated

Xigbar----------------------------------------------Himself(Nobody)--------------------------------------------------------------------------Survives and returns as a human(?)

Vexen (reserve)----------------------------Himself (Nobody)--------------------------------------------------------------------------Becomes human again and survives -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------without being struck down

Saïx------------------------------------------------Himself(Nobody)----------------------------------------------------------------------------Becomes human again and survives

Demyx (reserve)-----------------------------Himself (Nobody)--------------------------------------------------------------------------Becomes human again and survives(?)

Luxord---------------------------------------------Himself (Nobody)------------------------------------------------------------------------Becomes human again and survives(?)

Marluxia------------------------------------------Himself (Nobody)------------------------------------------------------------------------Becomes human again and survives(?)

Larxene------------------------------------------Herself (Nobody)----------------------------------------------------------------------------Becomes human again and survives(?)

Dark Riku---------------------------------------Replica containing Riku Replica's heart from the past--------------Eliminated, leaving an empty replica vessel-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------behind (the vessel is later used by Naminé)

That's 6 replicas. Roxas was wrong.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
Was there ever a canon explanation for

1. Form Changes
2. Attraction Flow
3. Shotlock
Form changes are because of Sora's "Special vestments" in KH2 and KH3(I guess) but mainly KH3 relies on the fact that Keyblade transformations were made a thing in BBS. Shotlocks are just basic abilities like magic. Attraction Flow has zero explanations (and they also suck apart from story based ones).

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
The time travel 13 members doesn't even make sense, like they spend ages trying to get Xion to work as the 13th apparently, yet they literally have two incarnations of Xehanort at different ages because they're just dropping the hearts in replica bodies. If that works then why not just take Xehanort at his peak like a minute apart 12 times and bam, 13 Xehanort's.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
The time travel 13 members doesn't even make sense, like they spend ages trying to get Xion to work as the 13th apparently, yet they literally have two incarnations of Xehanort at different ages because they're just dropping the hearts in replica bodies. If that works then why not just take Xehanort at his peak like a minute apart 12 times and bam, 13 Xehanort's.

This is explained multiple times as Vexen having only recently perfected replicas and some of the ones used even being the imperfect versions. They take a long time to make and they only have a certain amount ready to go and Xehanort needs 13 *now*. So 13 time travelers is not an option.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
This is explained multiple times as Vexen having only recently perfected replicas and some of the ones used even being the imperfect versions. They take a long time to make and they only have a certain amount ready to go and Xehanort needs 13 *now*. So 13 time travelers is not an option.
But why use people like Repliku and Xion in those limited replicas then instead of just more Xehanorts? It's just a dumb plot through and through.

Hell, Xion didn't even appear to be a "Xehanort".