• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WildWayz

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
What's your Unpopular Opinion with regards to PC gaming? What really grinds your gears (of war)?
Vent here - forever get it off your chest.

This isn't a discussion thread as they can become heated, so stick to just your unpopular opinion. Thanks :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
WildWayz

WildWayz

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'll start...

Demon Souls is really boring. It's like a super model; beautiful to look at but dull as hell (lol)

W17LY

Aug 29, 2018
Halo single player campaigns are all boring, bland and one of the worst storytelling examples in gaming industry.

KamenSenshi

Nov 27, 2017
With regards to just PC gaming, a thing that I think they should make standard is button prompt options. Like, I don't care that every game has Xbox prompts by default but it would be cool if they gave the option to toggle PS prompts. I just like the idea of them matching the controller I use even if it's not confusing currently.

Oct 30, 2017
Final Fantasy VI and Chrono Trigger are overrated as hell.

Good games? absolutely.

Are they as masterpiece as some claimed them to be? No.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
What's the posting etiquette of these threads? Do we just post out own opinions or do we also debate those expressed by others?

Elephant

Nov 2, 2017
Nottingham, UK
www.resetera.com

Your controversial gaming opinions?

Welcome to the controversial gaming opinions thread! Just a couple notes before people jump into the discussion, please be respectful of other thoughts, disagreeing with the mainstream consensus is kind of the point here. Next, don't be afraid to argue your case, see if you can win a few hearts...

Niceguydan8

Nov 1, 2017
The 9S playthrough totally ruins Nier Automata and the playthroughs afterwards cant save how bad that 9S playthrough was.

Still a solid game overall but that chunk really sucks.

Deleted member 50374

alt account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
My unpopular opinion is that unpopular opinions are overrated, often badly argumented and often come from contrarianism more than anything. I know because mine do LOL

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
What's the posting etiquette of these threads? Do we just post out own opinions or do we also debate those expressed by others?
Yeah, lol.

This will get locked I'm sure because of the other thread, but I gotta say some things already have me scratching my head.

Roguelites/likes may not be the best, but at their core they identify a fun gameplay loop and then refine it to a tee. Many of them are highly successful at building that core gameplay loop. Sure they're not for everyone, but there's plenty out there that nail their gameplay loop. (Definitely overdone nowadays though).

Also, while the moment to moment gameplay of Chrono Trigger isn't anything I'd call particularly special there still has yet to be a single other RPG that handled such an sprawling choice driven narrative so dang well. Mass Effect got close but they blew it in the end.

IDK if it's particularly unpopular, but my opinion I would guess is that people who hold unpopular opinions are driven further towards an extreme view by having so few people agree with them.

OP
OP
WildWayz

WildWayz

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Retro gaming isn't really that great. It was awesome to live through it, but to re-live it now, it really is pretty bad.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Why the hell don't publishers take advantage of the PC being a time machine with all their old games because we can't all emulate everything. Like, even if you just fucking dump it on GOG (looking at you Konami) I'll grab it and then lookup fixes the community has.

laxu

Nov 26, 2017
With regards to just PC gaming, a thing that I think they should make standard is button prompt options. Like, I don't care that every game has Xbox prompts by default but it would be cool if they gave the option to toggle PS prompts. I just like the idea of them matching the controller I use even if it's not confusing currently.

That's what you get with Steam Input actually, for games that support it. Though it shows up as generic inputs rather than Xbox vs PS.

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
PC gaming, and Windows in general, would be much better if it were in a locked down ecosystem like iPad OS, and the focus turned away from making huge powerful graphics cards and more towards smaller efficient mobile chipsets, reducing the machines to the size of an Nvidia Shield or something.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
BOTW is one of the most boring and disappointing experiences I've ever had and I liked Age of Calamity better

GeometryHead

Oct 27, 2017
Super Mario Odyssey is a 7/10 game, and it was only so absurdly well received because it's a Mario game.

OP
OP
WildWayz

WildWayz

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The Assassin Creed games are pretty fun, even if they are all the same but re-skinned.

Grug

Oct 26, 2017
Sony should have adopted asymmetric stick placement 3 generations ago.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
The Pokémon formula hasn't drastically changed in over 20 years because its foundation has been perfected since the first game.

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
Mine: PC gaming is so nitpicky you need to massively overgear to get a somewhat decent performance out of any game newer than 2 years.

caff!!!

Oct 29, 2017
Need for Speed from the 2010 hot pursuit until the 2015 need for speed reboot handle like zero budget PS1 games

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Please continue discussion here, thanks!
www.resetera.com

Your controversial gaming opinions?

Welcome to the controversial gaming opinions thread! Just a couple notes before people jump into the discussion, please be respectful of other thoughts, disagreeing with the mainstream consensus is kind of the point here. Next, don't be afraid to argue your case, see if you can win a few hearts...

Status
Not open for further replies.