harry the spy

Oct 25, 2017
This scene from Superman 3 scared me really badly as a kid. Looking at it now, I don't really know why. But it did.

Add me to the pile. I watched a lot of stuff a bit too 'old' for me by virtue of having an older brother. And yet, this one is the only one I vividly remember. Years later, until i found it again. And it's really not that scary!

Rookhelm

Oct 27, 2017
There's that one scene in Star trek TNG where an admiral gets possessed by an alien or something, and he gets shot with a phaser and his head explodes.

I've seen the gif get posted here before

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
First season if not the first episode of star trek: tng Starfleet is taken over by some mind controlling bugs or something. One of the infected admirals is phaser blasted and instead of just disintegrating, his face melts down to the skull which explodes and hole opens up in his torso exposing his meaty rib cage and spine while an alien worm crawls out if this hole. The worm is disintegrated and then the camera rests on the carcus os of the officer sitting in his chair, headless, hole in his chest cavity, arms and legs still intact resting in the seat. It was more like a mortal Kombat fatality than something one would expect from star trek.

It's at 6:26:
youtu.be

TNG Remastered: 1x24 'Conspiracy' Comparison, SD to HD

This video series compares the 2002 DVD release of "Star Trek: The Next Generation" with the remastered Blu-ray edition released in 2012. Visit http://tng.tr...

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Speaking of Star Trek, the transporter malfunction in The Motion Picture was like something out of The Fly. They don't show anything gruesome, but they're clearly being rematerialised wrong, and they can feel it.

"Starfleet, do you have them?"
"Enterprise, what we got back didn't live long, fortunately."

Lionel Mandrake

Prophetic Lionel Mandrake
Oct 26, 2017
The Pirates of the Caribbean is kind of known for it's "squicky" deaths and injuries--very much in the pulp adventure tradition.

The death of Mercer in At World's End does kind of stand out though...

Also, in retrospect it looks like Batman Returns was never even trying to be family friendly, but I'd guess most people would count it.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
This scene from Superman 3 scared me really badly as a kid. Looking at it now, I don't really know why. But it did.

This is almost nightmare fuel for a young kid. That was the scene that I always remember the most of the film too, although not accurately. I always just remembered someone getting sucked into the machine and having a bunch of wires restraining them while metal bits were affixed to them. That's about as bad as watching the doctor transformation scene in Hellraiser 2 as a young teen.

Lost Lemurian

Nov 30, 2019

Hey, look, Robin made a new friend: a little girl, with an abusive father figure. I'm sure the Boy Wonder and Batman will help her and everything will turn out juuuuuust fine. After all, this is a kid's show, right?

cLOUDo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
even to this day this is hard to watch for me
i suppose kinda mess me up when i was a kid lol

8XuJ.gif

BitsandBytes

Dec 16, 2017
I might be misremembering the show but I think it was a Bones episode where a sniper shoots a female prisoners head clean off? I remember it being pretty shocking and gory for a TV-14 show even though American shows tend to push it on the violence.

Jeff Albertson

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's not family friendly, fuck nobody should ever have to witness the horror of The Witches and I won't ever rewatch any of it because it fills me with dread

But fuck there was some horrific melting shit in that if I recall

zerosum

Oct 27, 2017
I remember Krull being loaded with these moments. Haven't seen it in 30 odd years, but I still get vivid memories of the friendly cyclops being squished in a doorway.

The sound the Slayers made when they died will be forever etched into my brain. Combined with the slug type things that borrowed into the ground... yeah...

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Shazam kinda turns into a horror movie for a scene, which was odd. Think it was in the office. Or did I imagine that?
I love that scene, reminds me of Raimi´s Spidey 2 that has a very horror scene with Doc Ock
Horror movie directors like dropping these scenes into their non-horror films where they get to indulge their scary sensibilities. Hell Spielberg kept doing it for decades and he only directed a couple of horrors at the start of his career. Guess they never lose that love of giving the audience a good scare.

hiro42

Apr 2, 2018
It's not so gross but completely unexpected. Ring of Bright Water. For like 95% of the film it featured the friendship between a man and am a cute otter.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OOljDUhcyRk

I forget the particulars but...
the cute otter gets totally clocked with a shovel. Blew my mind when I saw that.

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
I see mentions of the old Jungle Book. How about that Netflix one? Mogli's friend disappears, the next time he sees him, he's
a decapitated stuffed head on a wall
, that startled the hell out of me. I can't imagine the nightmare fuel that is for a child watching that.

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Might not be gross, but it truly was the first death that fucked me up as a kid.

Artax dying in the Swamp of Sadness. I was 5. FIVE.

SMH I never really got over that...

Good4Squat

Nov 2, 2017
I remember watching the remake of lord of the flies in school and being a bit taken aback by Piggys death.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Shazam kinda turns into a horror movie for a scene, which was odd. Think it was in the office. Or did I imagine that?

i mean the director knew what he was doing xD

T7UYP5a.png

www.youtube.com

Shazam / Dr. Lynn Death Scene

Dr. Lynn Death.Scene from movie: "Shazam" (2019).Like & Subscribe!• Original title: "Shazam!"• Release date: April 2, 2019• Country: United States• Director:...

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.