• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
I'm seriously about to lose my mind over how terrible UPS is. Never use this company to ship anything. They're beyond awful.

My wife and I ordered a rug for our second bedroom, which we're turning into an office. The order was processed and shipped out on January 2nd. Last Thursday the 4th was that big snowstorm that hit the northeast. I totally expect delays on packages (and I'm fine with that), but UPS has had the package out for delivery 3 TIMES since Jan 4th and it hasn't been delivered for whatever reason. Look at this shit:

k7wAeMt.png

We have 4 inches of snow on the ground. How is this preventing UPS from dropping this off inside my building?

The worst thing is that nobody can tell me anything. Tried calling UPS -- wait time was over half an hour and I wasn't willing to wait for someone to tell me they couldn't help me. Tried chatting online with them -- they had no info beyond saying that it would be delivered eventually. Even tried tweeting at them and got the same result.

I also tried calling Overstock and they're not even allowed to contact UPS directly because of how busy it is this time of year.

If I don't get it by the end of the week, I think I'm going to call Overstock one more time, and if they're unable to help, I might threaten to dispute the charge on my credit card and never order anything through them again. Are there any downsides to doing this?

Edit: Shit, wrong side.

Porygon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mexicali
0 issues with UPS...

FedEx on the other hand.... takes like 4 days to deliver something that's in a city like 3 hours away from mine....

Camstun187

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
China
Come to China.

You haven't seen nothin until you've had to deal with straight up "not giving a fuck" about where someone simply chooses to drop your package if they can't find a location.

seiki

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
wrong side of the road

OFF TAPIC

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I've had no trouble with UPS. Or FedEx at times. I'm really sorry that you're going through that crap though. I'd lose my hair looking at that tracking update!

Plus since I have a sorting facility nearby I can too online and request my package to be held there instead of going to the truck which lets me pick it up early in the morning instead of waiting til night time.

USPS on the other hand? Yikes...

Altered

Oct 25, 2017
Whenever I buy something online and the seller uses UPS. Not getting that shit until 9pm

SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
I feel for you, but to be honest I think you're overreacting a bit. Not only is it the busiest time of year, but a massive snowstorm just hit the east coast and things have not quite returned to normal yet. Those things considered, you have to expect some complications with deliveries right now.

Duck Sauce

Oct 30, 2017
United States
UPS and Fedex are generally fine.

USPS one or twice have marked a package delivered when it wasn't. They always show up the next day.

DHL (are they still in business?),fuck em! Fuck them hard! Had packages where i paid overnight shipping and received them a week after.

Amazon Delivery: 90% I get the package at 8PM the day of delivery. So the tracking isn't wrong.

OP
OP
Bear

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
I feel for you, but to be honest I think you're overreacting a bit. Not only is it the busiest time of year, but a massive snowstorm just hit the east coast and things have not quite returned to normal yet. Those things considered, you have to expect some complications with deliveries right now.
That would be fine, but I've also had packages from USPS and Amazon delivered during the same time period with almost no interruption (aside from the single day of the snowstorm). For whatever reason, UPS is completely failing at their job here, especially since it's literally been out for delivery on the truck three times and not delivered for whatever reason.

Deleted member 8118

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Exactly what I thought.

Logistics companies don't consist of gods thay teleport packages whenever they want. There's multitude of problems that can go wrong and make your package take a few more days.

Although it may seem like it's a consensus that all of the companies mentioned in this thread are bad and inconsistent, the complaints you are reading are nothing more than a group of isolated incidents in the grand scheme of the amount of things these companies ship.

They pretty much run our world. What else can you really expect?

verygooster

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Ordered a gift for my friend for his birthday last September. The distributor (as in an actual company, not some rando eBay seller) packed it in an old box that had an old shipping label on it. This confused USPS and despite there also being the correct label (from CA to NJ) it made the rounds to the same warehouse that it was shipped from REPEATEDLY.

It had been two weeks (this was Priority so it should have taken 2-3 days, max) until I talked to USPS on Twitter who looked into it, explained the situation, and shipped it to the right location. In the two weeks, no one seemed to grasp that the CA shipping label was incorrect and that it was supposed to go to NJ.

My friend and I crack up about it now but at the time my god it was infuriating

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ups is always great for me, I ship a lot with them for work. probably ship just shy of 10,000 packs per year with them and have had one single issue with a package getting lost in over 6 years.

the OP seems like an overreaction tbh, the weather has been nuts. seriously the reasoning is right there in your tracking. they're not lying.

Melhadf

Dec 25, 2017
Yodel (UK). PS4 for launch month.
Background: I lived in a flat above some shops which overlooked the only road in.

I spent the day sat in the window like a kid... 5 foot from my front door (which I could see through). I checked the net every 30 mins to see if he'd flubbed my delivery.
Midday comes and goes no sign. Around 3pm the site says he left a card. Except he hadn't been on my street let alone near my door.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I have had lots of packages from UPS and I've had 0 problems with them. USPS sometimes gives me problems but not often.

everytime I see a UPS tracking I always feel relieved since they have been so good with my packages

The only problem I've had is with amazon logistics, they are bad... like, really bad.

MrChocolate

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
USPS is awful, god forbid an online seller uses them. I'd rather pay 20 more than to expect another package from USPS.
On the other hand, DHL has been nice to me except for a few times where they were a pain in the ass to deal with.

peteykirch

Oct 25, 2017
UPS is the worst one we deal with.

Had a huge issue 2 years ago when my GF bought an unlocked cellphone with free overnight shipping. It was 2 days late, and left at our doorstep after 10pm with no signature collected for something that required signature for delivery.

We escalated the claim, and the UPS driver claimed we were trying to get him fired and made up the entire ordeal. UPS flags our residence so that no matter what someone has to sign for the package even if it's not required. That lasted for 6 months and was very annoying.

More recently I had an issue with UPS and their MyChoice service. I ordered something that I selected to go to the wrong address as I no longer lived there. I had UPS MyChoice so I could get the package rerouted to a UPS Store location, but I had to pay a fee because the only way for them to reroute was to increase the shipping speed. I get a notification it was delivered to my local UPS store, go there, guy looks at me like I have 3 heads. Package was never delivered there, it was delivered to a UPS Store 15 miles away. I go there, the package is there, but then there is an issue that they don't have the authority to release the package to me. Took a 45 minute with UPS Corporate for them release the package to me. I tried getting the fee refunded, but they told me it was for the increase shipping speed, not the change of delivery location. Fine, but you still delivered it to the wrong location, never heard back.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Worst experience I've had is that they delivered my package to another apartment. Luckily, the guy was nice enough to bring me my package. We now have kiosks they have to put packages in.

Hekku Takku

Oct 31, 2017
New York
Same thing is happening to me with UPS. I ordered some items off of Amazon on the 3rd. Ever since the 6th, including today, it has said, "out for delivery" only to be followed up by, "delay due to weather". It's aggravating.

But what I don't understand is that I placed an order for some other items on 6th, and it was delivered today, by UPS. No delays and it's actually early because it was originally scheduled to come tomorrow.

Idk what's going on.

Catdaddy

Oct 27, 2017
TN
Not an issue since they tell me – often get packages between 6-8pm, which sucked for release day games but where I live they deliver to businesses before residential because of the working hours. After they started using USPS for games packaged alone, they would arrive early afternoon.

tangeu

Oct 27, 2017
Never had problems with UPS, FedEx though....ugh!....My wife's engagement ring, custom made, thousands of dollars, which I specifically requested to be held at the warehouse for me to pick up in person, was left out the front door, of an apartment, facing the public stairwell, in a clearly labeled box! The very next day, they left a sticker about not being able to deliver a package, refused to take it to the front office (who I paid to accept packages and had verified signatures on file) and I had to go pick it up. That second package was an $8 pack of socks. Fast forward to present day, FedEx seems to think it's ok to lean packages against my mailbox at the side of the road instead of walking them to the door. I could go on......

OP
OP
Bear

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Here's the most recent explanation that I received from UPS's Twitter, which solves nothing:

The trucks are pre-loaded. The trucks and the driver will even go out for delivery however the trucks can not traverse the snow and icy roads the way cars can. This is why you will see scans in this order.

All the roads adjacent to my place have been plowed and are clear of snow and ice. I don't understand.

Oct 29, 2017
Florida
I've never had any real problems with UPS, FedEx, or USPS, although I will say I like USPS the most because at least down here, when the post office delivers something, they will knock loud on the door whereas I find that UPS and FedEx do the lightest taps that you can barely hear lmao.

(Also USPS usually delivers packages before 2pm, whereas FedEx and UPS are more around 4 to 7pm)

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
Harlem UPS is the wooooooorst.

They got my PC destroyed and did not pay mw my insurance off some semantics.

Never again.

Archer

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
When I worked at a major video game publisher, we sent final beta Xbox 360s to some of our devs around the NE United States for debugging. This was over the December holidays more than ten years ago. UPS delivery personnel stole the parcels and kept the units for themselves.

Another time, also about ten years ago, I was working with law enforcement as part of identifying supply chain security flaws for some electronics manufacturers. There were several pieces of evidence used as part of federal criminal investigations, all of which were stolen by UPS drivers as they saw where it was coming from and where it was going. This was in the NYC / Newark metro area.

hitme

Oct 26, 2017
- UPS is great for me. Normally comes by in the morning as I expected.
- Fedex does its job.
- USPS is fine for the most part.
- Fuck Amazon Logistics.
- FUCK ONTRAC. Lost my Google Home when it only had to be delivered from 40 miles away.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm seriously about to lose my mind over how terrible UPS is. Never use this company to ship anything. They're beyond awful.

My wife and I ordered a rug for our second bedroom, which we're turning into an office. The order was processed and shipped out on January 2nd. Last Thursday the 4th was that big snowstorm that hit the northeast. I totally expect delays on packages (and I'm fine with that), but UPS has had the package out for delivery 3 TIMES since Jan 4th and it hasn't been delivered for whatever reason. Look at this shit:

k7wAeMt.png

We have 4 inches of snow on the ground. How is this preventing UPS from dropping this off inside my building?

The worst thing is that nobody can tell me anything. Tried calling UPS -- wait time was over half an hour and I wasn't willing to wait for someone to tell me they couldn't help me. Tried chatting online with them -- they had no info beyond saying that it would be delivered eventually. Even tried tweeting at them and got the same result.

I also tried calling Overstock and they're not even allowed to contact UPS directly because of how busy it is this time of year.

If I don't get it by the end of the week, I think I'm going to call Overstock one more time, and if they're unable to help, I might threaten to dispute the charge on my credit card and never order anything through them again. Are there any downsides to doing this?

Edit: Shit, wrong side.
Because no wants to deliver a big ass carpet in the snow.

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
Recently had a parcel sent from the UK bound for San Francisco. Posted early December, arrived in LAX then 3 days later turned up in Italy before staying there a month. It's now arrived back in NYC with hopefully a better second delivery...

Moppet

Oct 28, 2017
GSO has to be the hands down most incompetent delivery company on the face of the Earth. My packages estimated delivery time was 2 days, after the first few days I started getting notices that said sorry we missed you. Whatever shit happens, maybe I didn't hear him knock or whatever. For the next 3 weeks the guy would refuse to knock or ring the door bell. I'd sit in the living room for hours actively trying to catch this guy trying to deliver my package but he must have been determined not to deliver it to me because he managed to put those notes up for just short of a month. He would never ring the door bell or knock he'd just put up the note and leave.

Uzuki

Oct 27, 2017
United States
The charging adapter of my Switch broke over the Holidays so I had to send to Nintendo to get it fixed. I paid $11 for a next day pick up order and they never came. Called all weekend and no one could tell me what the issue was until Monday. They said due to weather the trucks are missing drop offs and pick ups, which is understandable if I lived up North, but I live in Georgia. We had snow the week before but by that Friday it was all gone and it was just chillye.

So then they told me that they would cancel the Friday order and to make another pick up time for Tuesday which I did. Spent all day Tuesday waiting and still no pick up. I even went to the store, saw the UPS truck a block away from my apartments, ran all the way back home and STILL no pick up. Tried calling but again, no one could find my order number or the schedule pick up.

The next day I got up early and really had to give them the business, because not only did they miss the schedule pick up, they still charged me for the one that didn't come on Friday. Eventually I got through to someone and they were ordering a truck to come that day and that they were going to refund me for both of my orders. The guy eventually did come, but it was 9pm by then and I was fuming at this point. It's been almost a week now and although the package has arrived to whatever warehouse that Nintendo fixes stuff at I've still been charged for the two pick up orders. I can blame the weather and holiday season for making things difficult for them and I truly emphasize with them on that, but the lack of communication is horrible and I don't know if I ever want to use them to send my Parcels out ever again.

ProbablyRobbie

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UPS and FEDEX I don't really have problems with. I order a shit ton from amazon too. USPS, in my experience, is the worst. Delayed or lost packages happens all the time.

Oct 26, 2017
all depends on the City, and season I work in logistics and the company I work for recently moved so we went from having phenomenal USPS services to subpar. to the point we have 5-6 meetings every 1-2 months about delivery/pickup schedules.

DHL is okay if its going WW, thank god they stopped doing stuff state side.

UPS is normally fantastic as is Fedex for us, however our UPS used to be trash at the previous location.

Literally its a roll of the dice which one is bad, and whenever and wherever it might be

HammerOfThor

Oct 26, 2017
I ship a lot of stuff weekly and my local USPS HATES when I want them to scan it in, so any time I have more than a couple parcels at a time they want me to just drop them off. That would be fine if they actually scanned them at some point during the day. But no. Nothing gets scanned until it gets to the local distribution center a couple days later. This wouldn't be much of an issue but when your selling collectibles there are some impatient folks out there.

LoyalPhoenix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In only had 1 time when they have been good by ringing or knocking on my door, WAITING, and either handing my gift or putting it in front of my door.

Everytime the knock and start leaving with my package regardless of size, atleast leave on the ground or mailbox ffs

NeonCarbon

Oct 28, 2017
My most memorable was ordering my first large TV, stand, and accessories for next day morning delivery. Everything arrived, except the TV, which got misrouted. They wouldn't even deliver it the next morning, as it was already late. That delivery company is no longer in business.

gamma

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm from Germany and had to send a package to a small town in the LA area last month. It made it from my town to Frankfurt, to New York, through customs, to LA, to the recipients town. Tracking said out for delivery and the package was never heard from again. It traveled thousands of miles from Germany to the US only to get lost on the last stretch while being delivered. USPS btw (DHL for the German part).

Zoid

Oct 27, 2017
They've all dropped the ball for me at one point or another. Usually just a driver lying about a package being delivered and then it showing up 1-3 days later. The worst one was when I ordered Forza Horizon 2 from Amazon and they "delivered" it and it didn't show up at my building until like a month later. By then I had already got the refund for the game.

Amazon delivery is pretty much always on point though.

Fanatic

Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
I'm from Denmark and if I want to buy something from the U.S. I always pick UPS if I can. I've had the best experiences with them by far, followed by FedEx and then USPS as the very very last.

Iorv3th

Oct 27, 2017
Here's the most recent explanation that I received from UPS's Twitter, which solves nothing:

All the roads adjacent to my place have been plowed and are clear of snow and ice. I don't understand.

I mean is the truck starting his day in one of these adjacent streets? Maybe he doesn't have good access to get to your area.

Keikaku

Oct 27, 2017
Regular UPS is fine but their i-parcel service that Amazon EU likes to use these days is a piece of shit.

Half of the packages ordered on black friday took a month to arrive and the other half is still on the way or most likely lost.

RoninZ

Oct 27, 2017
How big is the carpet OP? Is the snow covering the sidewalk in a way that it could be damaged while delivery?

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry to hear it. UPS is fucking awesome for me. So much so I gave my normal delivery man a small Christmas Present. In fact we just had that big storm here in the Northeast, and I got a delivery DURING it. I was flabbergasted but there was my trusty UPS delivery man in the middle of a snowstorm dropping off 2 packages. The day after he was here with 3.

We order from Amazon a whole, whole lot and I appreciate the fact that if it is UPS, there has never been a single incident. Interesting enough someone just made a thread about Amazon's other delivery service and I have had a whole, whole lot of issues with them. No less than 5 packages have gone "missing" or "damaged during transit."

FedEx on the other hand is really bad.

USPS is the worst of the worst. I cringe if and when I see something is shipped by them. In fact 2 records I am expecting, just coming from NYC which is one state over and just 32 miles from where I live, are currently missing in action. Just straight up lost. One was a limited edition that is already sold out and I was told I would be assed out if it is indeed missing, so yeah, hoping it eventually shows up but I am not holding my breath.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
I remember getting proof that our local USPS wasn't even attempting to deliver my packages at some point. I'm usually gone at some point in the day when something is out for delivery, and always get a slip in the mailbox to pick it up later at the post office because there was no one home to pick up the package (all our mailboxes are at the bottom of our street, we live about a quarter mile up a dirt road), I thought it was suspicious that the delivery truck ALWAYS came to my house when no one was home. I had a day off on the day a package was supposed to come in, and nothing came. Check my mailbox at the end of the street, there was a slip saying no one was home and to pick it up later. I had to drive farther to get my package than it would have taken for the delivery truck to drive a quarter mile up and down a street. I don't care if I have to go to the post office, what I didn't like was the blatant lying when they were supposed to deliver to my house.

Thankfully they actually deliver to my house again so I didn't have to complain to them.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
As a general bit of advice to anyone who might be interested in shipping to Mexico: However frustrating the cost, go with a private courier. DHL is most favourable, but whatever you do, just do not do it through your national service. Not because they themselves are necessarily terrible, but because they will hand off the package to - and you will be left at the mercy of - Correos de México.

In my case, I was shipping a motherboard for a fellow overseas in need of something that would let him use his GTX 1060 (old board had SATA ports in the worst place possible). Had been warned to go for a courier, and if I paid some dude in the US to be the supplier, they at least not USPS. After half a freaking year of the board not turning up - if it ever did, the guy has moved now - after giving it to Royal Mail, I realised the common factor was the handoff to domestic services. Bit the bullet and paid for DHL the second time around, and the package arrived within like a week.